2nds 2022 Lions Reserves and VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had to work so could not watch- how good is he?

Not dominant amongst men yet, but just looks legit in every aspect in which you judge a young blue-chip football prospect.

You really couldn't have realistically expected to see much more from a kid in his VFL debut.

Not dominant amongst men yet, but just looks legit in every aspect in which you judge a young blue-chip football prospect.

You really couldn't have realistically expected to see much more from a kid in his VFL debut.

Legit. Had he kicked that goal in the fourth it would have made for a pretty perfect debut game. Kid is a jet.

Talls are starting to rise now. Tom Scully and Harry Lemmey are the names getting thrown around a bit.

Ashcroft might get a "known quantity" stamp at this rate and the late rising talls might go before him. Good for us either way, I'm not complaining if we have to match only pick 3 or 4 or 5.

From what I've been reading about Scully he will be Will's main competition for the number 1 pick.

Personally I can't imagine someone named Tom Scully ever going first pick in an AFL draft.

So Berry and Dev are definitely AFL standard. We just have to find a way to get both in.

What is the afls policy on playing 24 players each week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's time we just shut up about Ashcroft.

And saved the adulation for when we have him locked in in our colours.
You've heard the one about the barn door and the horse that bolted?

Tom Berry, Dev Robertson and Will Ashcroft. Our future midfield?

Get Tom and Dev into the seniors(Don't ask me who comes out;))

Jack Payne has had some absolute shockers today.
I watched the whole game and apart from a couple poor kicks I thought Payne played reasonably well, especially in the first Q. Not that stats mean everything but he ended up with 24 disposals, 20 kicks, 12 marks, 2 tackles 108 AF Fantasy (which is a useless stat). All that from a team that dominated 3 of the 4 Q's, with most of the ball in the Brissy forward half in the last Q.

FWIW i don't think he will be in the 1's

I watched the whole game and apart from a couple poor kicks I thought Payne played reasonably well, especially in the first Q. Not that stats mean everything but he ended up with 24 disposals, 20 kicks, 12 marks, 2 tackles 108 AF Fantasy (which is a useless stat). All that from a team that dominated 3 of the 4 Q's, with most of the ball in the Brissy forward half in the last Q.

FWIW i don't think he will be in the 1's
Wouldn’t say he couldn’t it would allow the Lions to play Adams forward with Payne Gardiner and Andrews in defence while Daniher recovers

Personally I can't imagine someone named Tom Scully ever going first pick in an AFL draft.

I still think Tom Scully was the best midfield AFL prospect I ever evaluated. The kid had it all at junior level and was just two or three rungs above everyone else that year. Things didn't work out for a variety of reasons but the talent was immense.

Wouldn’t say he couldn’t it would allow the Lions to play Adams forward with Payne Gardiner and Andrews in defence while Daniher recovers
Adams would be the last player I would be moving forward, been our best defender by far, been our best intercept defender by far and on the weekend he was the one the coaches put on Buddy to try and slow him down.

Will Ashcroft was our only player who had a hard tag. Was tagged the whole game.

Clean ball use and very evasive on occasions, weaving through traffic with good turn of speed.

He should be pleased with how he performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back