List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you right the context down though, cos I don't want to hear how good Jackson is if we are still kicking 50 points every 5th games because our forwardline is still ****.
Exactly. It's not about whether Jackson is good or not. It's about whether he's good for US. Right NOW.

Forwards. Good ones. Need.

How is it narrow? I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that 24yo 2021 AA squad ruckman might still be a good player at 28. If it turns out he is a spud then then Jackson makes a lot more sense.

Anyway, I've had enough. I can't make it clearer without just writing out a syllogism and who could be bothered. If you're not convinced now you won't be until he rolls his car.

The dude is apparently a :padlock: so lets get behind him.

My price for compliance is that I insist we draft at least 2 forwards (and not a midfielder that rested there for 20 minutes a game in juniors) every year until we hit another 2xSonny at pick 50odd so we can score again.
Between Brayshaw (22), Serong (21), Brodie (23), Henry (21), Johnson (19), Erasmus (19), O'Driscoll (20), Darcy (24), Jackson (20) and even Chapman (20), we really shouldnt have to invest significant draft picks into midfield talent for 4-5 years to be fair. All aboard the forward nouse train (and maybe a KPD to stash and develop)

How is it narrow? I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that 24yo 2021 AA squad ruckman might still be a good player at 28. If it turns out he is a spud then then Jackson makes a lot more sense.

Anyway, I've had enough. I can't make it clearer without just writing out a syllogism and who could be bothered. If you're not convinced now you won't be until he rolls his car.

The dude is apparently a :padlock: so lets get behind him.

My price for compliance is that I insist we draft at least 2 forwards (and not a midfielder that rested there for 20 minutes a game in juniors) every year until we hit another 2xSonny at pick 50odd so we can score again.

Why are you sooking ? ( I don’t know if you are because I don’t know what some of those words mean )

Plenty on here are in you corner it’s hardly a pile on

Why are you sooking ? ( I don’t know if you are because I don’t know what some of those words mean )

Plenty on here are in you corner it’s hardly a pile on
When did sooking come into it? I was half way through conceding when you replied so I answered your question and finished my post. Take it however you like.

My wording of ‘top up’ may have been miss communicated.

I’m 100% all in on Jackson.

I just meant the term ‘top up’ is what I personally refer to when a team is in a window or has an absolute hole on their list. Usually the ‘top up’ player in that case is like a 26-28 year old where you know what you’re going to get sort of thing. You hope they do a job for 3 or so years.

So I don’t consider Jackson as a ‘top up’ by my own definition. He’s a young talent that we’re poaching.
All good Cob, my comment of ‘top up’ was meant to refer to top end talent top up- I’m poor at explaining sometimes, but we are on the same page he is well worth the currency on projection of impact and would also say current output as he is used in that team.
With all the talk of KPF’s, there is not a lot of difference between us and Melbourne in my opinion, no really reliable talls, all serviceable and have good games, but the likes of Fritsch and Pickett are deadly as well as the way their mids bring the ball in, that’s where we can get improvement.

I’d consider a Gunston type play as a top up player. 2-3 years. He’ll still be good. But you want to win a flag otherwise what was the point.

OR

A Casboult type that may come for cheap and fills a hole whilst others develop in time for real window in 2-5 years.

Ones expensive with intention to win a flag. The other is cheap with a greater intention to protect other youngsters.

I think it’s too early to go proper top ups.
Funny you mention Casboult, I was thinking this last night.
He is an animal of a contested mark and funnily enough similar accuracy of N Fyfe.
😄

100% agree. The other thing the club would need to be mindful of is forward thinking. 3-4 years from now, which is the length Logue is seeking.

As much as many love and defend Logue where does he fit in 3 years?

Pearce will still be there. Our back 7 is young.

In the front half we will have lost Lobb, Fyfe and likely Taberner. So, for that reason he becomes valuable. But we’ll also have Jackson and developing talls in Amiss and Treacy.

I can easily see him being squeezed out as early as next season. But more valuable 3 years from now when Fyfe and Taberner are done.
Agree. The biggest problem I see is if Cox (who missed a lot of footy last year) and APearce who aside from this year has missed a lot of footy - are injured and unable to play. Logue goes back when either of those two are missing. He is third best Kph. In the Gold Coast game he was a more attacking defender. That is the role he will need to develop over pre-season along with being third tall forward. Either that or heads off.

He is very valuable player but maybe he himself doesn’t want to be a bit part player with his role differing week to week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 firsts and a million a year for a ruckman? Yeah nah fam, excuse me for not being too enthused about the prospect of bringing Jackson in.

Also don't give me this garbage about him being a key forward or an inside mid either. He's a ****ing ruckman and we have an elite one already, why do we need a second?

Take the firsts, draft 2 goal kicking forwards (they exist we just need to draft them!) and save the money for Logue/contract extensions to our young guns. We'll be better off in the long run.

2 firsts and a million a year for a ruckman? Yeah nah fam, excuse me for not being too enthused about the prospect of bringing Jackson in.

Also don't give me this garbage about him being a key forward or an inside mid either. He's a ******* ruckman and we have an elite one already, why do we need a second?

Take the firsts, draft 2 goal kicking forwards (they exist we just need to draft them!) and save the money for Logue/contract extensions to our young guns. We'll be better off in the long run.

Yeah because it’s that easy to just find 2 KF like that.

Go back over the last 10 years and tell me which 2 key forwards have been picked from our projected firsts. Let’s say pick 10-20.

There’s been many duds.

You just expect us to find gold twice with picks 10-20. Odds say not happening.

Also don't give me this garbage about him being a key forward or an inside mid either. He's a ******* ruckman and we have an elite one already, why do we need a second?

Yeah i am done with the big fish. Just draft youth and trade in cheap players with alot of upside like Brodie and Aish.

Just keep this core group together and the culture humming.

Ryan Daniels giving eagles lip service to the eagles again on twitter. Why would eagles trade away pick 2 for lower picks (people say trade it for gold coasts 4+8 and they wouldn’t do that) and a future pick for Jackson.
Eagles have more holes in their list and need as many players as possible.

He’s ours unless he re signs

Yeah because it’s that easy to just find 2 KF like that.

Go back over the last 10 years and tell me which 2 key forwards have been picked from our projected firsts. Let’s say pick 10-20.

There’s been many duds.

You just expect us to find gold twice with picks 10-20. Odds say not happening.

Yeah, exactly.

Which is why sitting on a group of Treacy, Amiss, Sturt and our current smalls as a group of forwards to take us to a premiership is madness to me.

Don't get me wrong I think Jackson is looking like an excellent player and will be for us. I just think we'll be sitting here in a few years time with only a couple of genuinely good forwards bemoaning our inability to kick scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back