List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Pav shorter than Mundy?

Modra and Ablett senior are about 189cm??

There's too much focus on the tape measure, Zach Clarke was tall but he sucked.
The game has evolved well beyond that point. Zone defense means forwards are no longer in space on the lead or wrestling 1v1. Forwards now have 3-4 extra opponents to beat in a marking contest, with defenders jumping over the top of you while you're beating your own man, or having to climb over that many yourself. That extra 10cm the big forwards have means some defenders just straight up can't get high enough to contest, or in a pack mark contest where nobody gets a clean jump, the big guys can be flat footed and still get first hands to the ball at a higher point. Take Lobb as an example, he's not some marking genius, he's just 207cm.

The 2m forwards are literally the top of the football food chain.

Should we pick up some more picks for this years draft ,what are our chances of nabbing Corey Tregenza from the Peel Colts. Big strong lad, almost a ready made AFL player, strong mark and kicks goals. We still need another forward once Lobb finally goes and Taberner is well unreliable on putting together many consecutive games.

I only saw him the once but if Sturt is a questionable AFL player due to workrate and repeat efforts/pressure then old mate would have a hell of a LOT of work to do

Too short to be that slow and make it at AFL level would be my 1st impression of him

Would of kicked three hundred odd back in the 90’s probably

Gee, he really does look a million bucks sadly trudging off the field doesn't he?

WkQvm3G.png
Looks about $700k to me 🤣

Why don't we let WCE grab Jackson and we use our picks and get Van Rooyen who is exactly the type of player we need for our forward line. Ensure we look after Meeks contract to retain him as a backup for Darcy

Here we go boys, order restored.

If you look closely, you can almost see the finger that Mason Cox so tragically lost against us earlier in the season.

P42MRbw.png

Oh, and I had Logue's silly looking head left over, so thought it was a great opportunity to posit what he has to look forward to at lol norf.

Gee, he really does look a million bucks sadly trudging off the field doesn't he?

WkQvm3G.png
Please tag club 😂😂😂

Bastyy tell us about Ethan Phillips? Is he an option for us in the draft?
Always been a fan of the Fothergill Round Mitchell medal winner from the VFL, some great players on that list including Luke Ryan. What’s his draft range?
I'm not as well versed on Phillips as others, i usually stop watching state league games after the mid season draft unless one of the draft age players is playing. That being said I did watch a game recently to give myself an understanding of his game and he seems a pretty good intercept defender, I actually think from what I saw he seems better than that Kallan Dawson who North drafted in the MSD this year. Ultimately it's hard to predict the draft after Pick 25 onwards but his range is probably about Pick 35-Rookie. I can see us getting in given our tall defender stocks falling and we'll probably have a couple of picks later on

Here we go boys, order restored.

If you look closely, you can almost see the finger that Mason Cox so tragically lost against us earlier in the season.

P42MRbw.png

Oh, and I had Logue's silly looking head left over, so thought it was a great opportunity to posit what he has to look forward to at lol norf.

WkQvm3G.png

Thanks mate , my new avatar

So we’re just banking on winning it next year and then he’s gone? What’s one year difference gonna make just let him go now

So we’re just banking on winning it next year and then he’s gone? What’s one year difference gonna make just let him go now
One year gives us one year longer for treacy and amiss to develop without having to worry about the number 1 kpd.

It will lower his value from a 2nd to 3rd round pick so really not much in it at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well add Lobb and Benning too.

Lobb is gone. Benning is awhile off making it as a defender. Taberner is never going to be reliable again from a injury perspective.

Darcy has hit his ceiling and can't play out a full season unless he's walking on the ground contest to contest and giving away twice as many frees from exhaustion. If he's going to be a statue he can play the bookends of the ground more and Meek has more ruck time / can actually provide a running option around the ground. Jackson similar but on ball.

One year gives us one year longer for treacy and amiss to develop without having to worry about the number 1 kpd.

It will lower his value from a 2nd to 3rd round pick so really not much in it at all
It also lowers his value too though. Next year any contract offers over east he gets will be smaller as he'll be 30. So Freo might be more willing to match or even increase an offer. Pretty sure its mostly about money for Lobb.

Lobb is gone. Benning is awhile off making it as a defender. Taberner is never going to be reliable again from a injury perspective.

Darcy has hit his ceiling and can't play out a full season unless he's walking on the ground contest to contest and giving away twice as many frees from exhaustion. If he's going to be a statue he can play the bookends of the ground more and Meek has more ruck time / can actually provide a running option around the ground. Jackson similar but on ball.
Darcy has hit his ceiling? At 24, after getting AA squad last year???

Players can have down years and recover...

Yeah I guess I stand corrected about Lobb’s situation. It did work well for us this year I just find it strange how we are keeping someone who doesn’t wanna be here, but fair enough if it works again next year which I hope it does. My question is then if he’s not leaving how are we getting these two first rounders for Jackson?

Yeah I guess I stand corrected about Lobb’s situation. It did work well for us this year I just find it strange how we are keeping someone who doesn’t wanna be here, but fair enough if it works again next year which I hope it does. My question is then if he’s not leaving how are we getting these two first rounders for Jackson?
Future first rounder.

We've got them already, this years and next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back