List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darcy has hit his ceiling? At 24, after getting AA squad last year???

Players can have down years and recover...

I don't know why you assume the worst just because I think someone has hit their ceiling. It's a good ceiling to hit? I'm fine with what I've seen of him and he's still obviously in the first 5 pick in the B22 - I just don't get how people think there's actually a big scope of improvement left in him. If he can extend his 12-14 good games a season to 18+ then that's great. He gets there with the right players named in the side. That's why I want Meek to stay.

So we’re just banking on winning it next year and then he’s gone? What’s one year difference gonna make just let him go now
So who will play Full Forward next year?

Having him play next year is worth more than the drop in picks between now and 2023.

Well, unless our stubbornness forces the Doggies to overpay

I don't know why you assume the worst just because I think someone has hit their ceiling. It's a good ceiling to hit? I'm fine with what I've seen of him and he's still obviously in the first 5 pick in the B22 - I just don't get how people think there's actually a big scope of improvement left in him. If he can extend his 12-14 good games a season to 18+ then that's great. He gets there with the right players named in the side. That's why I want Meek to stay.
Are we going to pretend like you were positive about how he was playing in your post?

So we’re just banking on winning it next year and then he’s gone? What’s one year difference gonna make just let him go now
He’s gonna have to play out of his skin next year if he wants decent coin elsewhere at his age also.. he’s in a shit spot if he doesn’t get that deal now

F the vent thread. This is Fubar

crazy nicolas cage GIF
Rocking Back And Forth Family Guy GIF

Lobb is gone. Benning is awhile off making it as a defender. Taberner is never going to be reliable again from a injury perspective.

Darcy has hit his ceiling and can't play out a full season unless he's walking on the ground contest to contest and giving away twice as many frees from exhaustion. If he's going to be a statue he can play the bookends of the ground more and Meek has more ruck time / can actually provide a running option around the ground. Jackson similar but on ball.
That is a f***ing atrocious take if I've ever seen one

Anyway, here's my thoughts.

We're ok.

Meek is purely too talented to be wasted at WAFL level and deserves a big contract and ruck spot playing AFL. Just shows you how good our development is.

Acres finally gets his body right and consistent footy and wants more money. All the best bud we've got players in the wings ready to fill your spot.

Lobb wanted out last year and probably ones one last pay check before he's over the hill, go chase that $$ big man.

Logue again not really best 22 save for injuries and wants more than the club think he's worth. Again go chase that $$ big man, earn it while you can.

Tucker not best 22 and no worries, go plod elsewhere in the AFL, chase a bit more money before you're in the magoos and over taken by North youth anyway. Good luck.

All very valid reasons and all apart of list management. Frees up a ton of space for Jackson and the future $$ going to the likes of Brayshaw, Young, Serong, Darcy, Cox, Erasmus, Johnson, Freddy, NOD, Chapman etc.

We have so much young talent on the list, we can't afford to be overpaying average players. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The melting at this time of the trade period is similar to 15 minutes into the game day thread. Lots of sooking despite a lot to play out.
Probably best to judge this period at the end when we see the total of what’s come in & what’s gone out.
Then blow up!!
True, but membership payments are due soon :)

If he is going then he should * off now before draft and delistings, how can we trust he’s working in our interest in good faith otherwise?
I'm not sure about that one GB, that's the Brad Lloyd situation all over again, he'd have a lot of intel as to our plans over the next month or so.
Better if he ****s off at the end of the year IMO

So, let me see if I've got this.

Draft Darcy - Ruck
Trade in Lobb - Forward/Ruck
Trade in Hogan - Forward
Draft Meek - Ruck
Draft Jones - Ruck
Delist Jones
Trade out Hogan
Trade out Lobb
Trade out Meek

Trade out 2 1sts for someone who is a 'tall midfielder'

Am I the only one who sees what's wrong with this picture?

So who will play Full Forward next year?

Having him play next year is worth more than the drop in picks between now and 2023.

Well, unless our stubbornness forces the Doggies to overpay
Maybe its a blessing if he isnt there as then we will need to develop a game plan like the Pies where we move it into the forward line low and quick. WIth Lobb there all we seem to do under pressure is bomb it in high hoping he or Logue mark it.

He said he would talk to North but he would be staying at Freo until the end of the year either way.
Bell strikes me as someone that loves Freo as he is a bit of a big cog there and it feeds the ego, would he really want to go to the Roos where Clarko will want to control everything??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back