Status
Not open for further replies.
WE WANT LOGIE BEAR!
WE WANT LOGIE BEAR!
WE WANT LOGIE BEAR!

Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official

Ok. Where are we at as supporters if it has to be (assuming we attain Jackson):

A) get rid of Lobb keep Logue
B) get rid of Logue keep Lobb (+ 2 year extension)

I gather we can keep both or lose both and their deals may be dependent on cash or whatever BUT not what I'm asking.

Everything else being equal who would we rather keep?

Haters are going to hate, but I'll say keep Lobb and extend for 2 years. Reality is keep Logue and gather currency from Lobb leaving.

Can we keep both and grab Jackson?
Does someone else request out?
Does Kyrios win?

So many questions!

I gather we can keep both or lose both and their deals may be dependent on cash or whatever BUT not what I'm asking.

Haters are going to hate, but I'll say keep Lobb and extend for 2 years. Reality is keep Logue and gather currency from Lobb leaving.

Does Kyrios win?

So many questions!
F*ck Kyrgios!

Oh, and my preference would be to retain Logue, rather than Lobb, based on an assumption that Logue is more invested in the team and does not have a girlfriend who poses a flight risk. This is all conjecture of course! Haha

Does Kyrios win?

So many questions!
I think Lobb would make a bigger difference in the next 1-2 years, but realistically I think our best challenging period is 2-5 years so I'd prefer Logue.
Getting Amiss in the team for next couple of years will at least give us a target and hopefully set us up for a red hot crack at a flag in that 2-5 year period.

*none of this changes the fact we shouldn't be putting a ceiling on this year, we should consider ourselves in contention

Does Kyrios win?

So many questions!
If Jackson's a fait accompli We have to let Lobb go - as is his wish.

I still don't like it - as i'm very happy with Darcy & Meek. And for a guy that'll command twice as much $$$ as Lobb next year, he won't kick as many goals as Lobb.

Fyfe’s 1.3 million dollar contract ends 2023(?) I think. He’ll be negotiated down a lot. Unless he comes out flying next year, he’ll be in that 5-600k bracket. As Mundy put it, old man money.

I said it in another thread but;

Luke Jackson, Angus Brayshaw this year…
Lobb extension for 2 years
Keep Logue
Get Shai Bolton end of 2023…

Flagmantle

Fyfe’s 1.3 million dollar contract ends 2023(?) I think. He’ll be negotiated down a lot. Unless he comes out flying next year, he’ll be in that 5-600k bracket. As Mundy put it, old man money.

I said it in another thread but;

Luke Jackson, Angus Brayshaw this year…
Lobb extension for 2 years
Keep Logue
Get Shai Bolton end of 2023…

Flagmantle
Unfortunately unlike other clubs, we seem to have a cap limit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting Meek to get a significant offer from some other club (don't expect him to stay if Jackson comes), obviously that ups our compensation. Would love to see a 1 year deal so we could actually sign and trade him.

This is on the expectation we pick up Jackson and Lobb goes. We then need to sign a journeyman ruck to play at Peel. Also I think Treacy is an ideal 25% ruck.

So we end up with in terms of ruck/forwards:

- Lobb, Meek
+ Darcy, Jackson, Journeyman, Treacy?

Big negative on Forward ability however youth is on our side and Jackson/Treacy only get better up there.

What happened to your inside info on Pearce? And why do you suddenly seem optimistic about Ryan signing?
You misunderstood me bud. My inside info was for Ryan. With Pearce I just agreed with the general consensus that should Tassie create a team, he would be a risk to join them. As other people have pointed out, a Tassie team is years away therefore helping us to secure Pearce. The only thing you should take away from my comment is that while Ryan is a flight risk, there is nothing to suggest he will be requesting a trade. I'm sure this discussion will arise again when we get to the end of his current contract.

I'm expecting Meek to get a significant offer from some other club (don't expect him to stay if Jackson comes), obviously that ups our compensation. Would love to see a 1 year deal so we could actually sign and trade him.

This is on the expectation we pick up Jackson and Lobb goes. We then need to sign a journeyman ruck to play at Peel. Also I think Treacy is an ideal 25% ruck.

So we end up with in terms of ruck/forwards:

- Lobb, Meek
+ Darcy, Jackson, Journeyman, Treacy?

Big negative on Forward ability however youth is on our side and Jackson/Treacy only get better up there.
I believe Meek has 1 year left

We would have put money aside for Cerra that we didn't need. Lobb wants out. That frees up the money for Jackson.

We lost the 2013 GF because Zach Clarke was crap and Hawthorn were able to double team Pav. Many beleive if Kepler or even Jonathon Griffin were available we would have won.

If you get the chance to recruit a 199cm match winner you take it IMO.

Subbing Zac out in the final qtr is what killed us.
Ballas should have been subbed out. We needed another tall in the forward line to draw Lake away from those uncontested marks he was gobbling up.
BTW that was the worst Norm Smith medal decision in history.

I still have a gripe with that blatant tactical medical sub used by Collingwood.

That goggley-eyed Cox has a s**t game, comes off with a sore finger and replaced by a forward that boots three goals.

This medical sub rule needs to get looked at.
Absolutely. Just last week, for instance, a player got subbed out for "hamstring awareness" and this week he's straight back in without a blink of an eye.

I still have a gripe with that blatant tactical medical sub used by Collingwood.

That goggley-eyed Cox has a s**t game, comes off with a sore finger and replaced by a forward that boots three goals.

This medical sub rule needs to get looked at.
My feeling is that maybe if a player is subbed out they should miss the next week. If an injury is bad enough to have to come out of the game it’s bad enough to need a week’s rehab. While it will unfortunately catch a few legit ones (like Tabs last week being ok for this week), it might stop clubs abusing the rule. Yes that would mean Tabs would be unavailable this week, but so be it. Maybe allow them to play at the lower level if they are magically over the injury that put them out in the first place. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back