2022 Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

One just has to ask the question, where the hell were they tonight V Essendon??? Melbourne home game, reigning premiers, home game against a big Vic club and only 44,000. I mean c'mon??!!! Really???
Honestly, going by the amount of Melbourne supporters identifying themselves with blue and red scarves last September, the average age must be 75+.
It's a little frightening for the old folk to be out at night these days. Particularly with those gangs and all roaming the city.

Re Essendon, you'll need to specify whether it's the crowd number or the finals you're suggesting they haven't come close to.
All you need to do is wait until those other 3 clubs play in finals at the G, I’m sure you’ll see the same result.

Usually said by those who's clubs aren't represented. Im guessing you're either North or Bulldogs?? :p
Yeah obviously I’m north as you can see 🤦🏻‍♀️ but my comment has nothing to do with that 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

What I mean is, is that there are way more ‘large’ clubs these days other than just 4. Richmond, west coast, Essendon, hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton, freo, Geelong, Adelaide…get my point? To talk about a big 4 is archaic in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah obviously I’m north as you can see 🤦🏻‍♀️ but my comment has nothing to do with that 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

What I mean is, is that there are way more ‘large’ clubs these days other than just 4. Richmond, west coast, Essendon, hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton, freo, Geelong, Adelaide…get my point? To talk about a big 4 is archaic in my opinion.
Freo lol

Collingwood = 78,826
I think Carlton are on a very similar number. Carlton and Collingwood appear on target to achieve upwards of 90,000. Carlton’s figures have certainly benefited from its 3-0 start. It may finish ahead of Collingwood if it’s run continues. Who said winning matches doesn’t effect membership sales😄

Essendon’s really poor start will likely see it fall short of its target (90,000) as sales have really slowed down. I was told by them earlier this week they were +6,000 as of round 1 and tracking well to 90,000, however the sales trajectory certainly would’ve changed since.

Richmond appear set to hit between 103-105,000. A sluggish start hampering in season sign ups to an extent perhaps.

Hawthorn haven’t updated us for a while, probably closing in on 68-69,000 ish.

Melbourne tracking well towards 65,000, Geelong on track to hit 70,000 again.

Overall most clubs doing very well.

Update

Richmond = 93,813
West Coast = 90,000 (announced on February 22)
Collingwood = 78,826
Carlton = 77,100
Essendon = 70,482
Geelong = 60,301
Hawthorn = 60,100 (as of February 19)
Port Adelaide = 55,786
Melbourne = 55,595
St Kilda = 52,500
Western Bulldogs = 46,091
Fremantle = 45,445
North Melbourne = 42,234
Adelaide = 40,000 + (as of February 19)
Brisbane Lions = 36,102
Sydney = 35,722 (as of February 19)
GWS = 25,094 (as of February 19)
Gold Coast = 8,721 (as of February 19)

I don’t understand how Gold Coast survive with only 8,000 members.

The suns should never have been brought into existence. The AFL of course will never admit they got it massively wrong. The spreading of the AFL word is going gangbusters in terms of Qldrs getting into Aussie rules but it's not translating to suns memberships. The suns being a massive sloppy pile of shit in terms of onfield success doesn't help. Fold the club and have those suns members come back to The Lions. Turn Metricon into The Lions 2nd home ground, given that the Bears started there it basically is anyway. It's the only solution.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2022 Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back