2022 NAB AFLW Preliminary Draft Order as at 31st May

Remove this Banner Ad

So we lose all these players and are left with a horrible draft hand? Lovely. :(

Will have the fans flocking through the gates.

Imagine a little kid following the team. Get a number on the back of their jumper of fave player, then gone.

Get a new number on a jumper, another one gone.

Rinse and repeat.

The best case ever for sewing numbers on to jumpers and not getting heat pressed ones

Last edited:
Way to shit all over the initial AFLW clubs AFL.

Not just the AFL.

They have constantly had people in their ear demanding this and that and they want it now.

They shouldn't have given those voices as much creedence and grew it at a much slower rate so rushed decisions weren't a thing.

If they waited and then launched the league at a time when all clubs were ready to go then this kind of thing would have been less prevalent.

Hopefully a talent deprived competition is further watered down so that our existing and emerging players can carry us. I feel like is you have a handful of b graders and a star or two, you are a finals team for the next few years.

Only concelation is that the new girls coming through now are footy heads that have grown up playing footy. They will be much better than the cross sport girls and ones that had to stop playing at a certain time.

Problem i have is we let go of good players for next to nothing, but we give up a lot to get someone in.

We need to stockpile the highest picks possible in this compromised draft as hawthorn, essenscum etc are going to pick the eyes out of the first round of the draft.

I cant believe we let go of pick 21 which is essentially pick 10 of the Vic draft. Way too much.

Only concelation is that the new girls coming through now are footy heads that have grown up playing footy. They will be much better than the cross sport girls and ones that had to stop playing at a certain time.

Problem i have is we let go of good players for next to nothing, but we give up a lot to get someone in.

We need to stockpile the highest picks possible in this compromised draft as hawthorn, essenscum etc are going to pick the eyes out of the first round of the draft.

I cant believe we let go of pick 21 which is essentially pick 10 of the Vic draft. Way too much.

Ummmm ... it's Victorian pick 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More on the Egan trade ...

THE Carlton Football Club now holds three picks inside the first round of the 2022 NAB AFL Women’s Draft after Grace Egan was traded to Richmond for Victorian pick No.13 (national selection pick No.25).

As part of a four-way trade involving Collingwood and Hawthorn, Egan will return to Richmond where she competed in the VFLW before joining Carlton.

So we got Phoebe McWilliams and Vic pick 8. We gave up VIC Pick 10 and VIC pick 23. Hmmmmmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

2022 NAB AFLW Preliminary Draft Order as at 31st May

Remove this Banner Ad

Back