World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup (Round of 16) - On SBS

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, if Southgate is wise, he will start Rashford against Senegal. He should start Foden too, and look to continue having England play with freedom. As ever, whether Southgate does any of that is something only he knows, though surely, surely, he won't want to disrupt the momentum of the players hitting form?

Now, if Southgate is wise, he will start Rashford against Senegal. He should start Foden too, and look to continue having England play with freedom. As ever, whether Southgate does any of that is something only he knows, though surely, surely, he won't want to disrupt the momentum of the players hitting form?
They just beat a super shit Wales side. Probably can’t discount that when citing the momentum. Against better opposition they weren’t great.

Playing with freedom (in a game where they had already qualified) vs doing so in a knockout game against a better team is a much simpler equation and usually the case for any side. That is precisely when it is very easy for players to do that.

We could be the worst team in the history of the World Cup to make the round of 16 haha.

Im here for it.

Not even close, but good to know you're consistent.

Not even close, but good to know you're consistent.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Your constant shitting on minor teams doing well seems to extent to Australia. Good to know you can't even be excited for us. Go run back to your mother's basement.

I know I'm jumping the gun here, but if the Saudis win and Argies and Poland draw in a few hours time, we will play the Saudis and as people have said on page 1, if USA and Netherlands go to penalty and the Dutch continue their poor conversion rate, Oz playing USA in the 1/4 finals, the Socceroos would be a decent chance to get thru to the semis.

Keep saying it can't happen, and the Socceroos will keep beating the odds.

1669829809622.png

I know I'm jumping the gun here, but if the Saudis win and Argies and Poland draw in a few hours time, we will play the Saudis and as people have said on page 1, if USA and Netherlands go to penalty and the Dutch continue their poor conversion rate, Oz playing USA in the 1/4 finals, the Socceroos would be a decent chance to get thru to the semis.

View attachment 1565326
Will add and update the bracket in the OP as well as teams qualify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could be the worst team in the history of the World Cup to make the round of 16 haha.

Im here for it.
You don't win 2 games to get equal top of the group and be 'worst team in the history of the wc'.

Chile in 1998 were worse than us. Then got spanked in the next round.
Sweden in 2006 were worse than us. Then got dumped out in the next round.
Slovakia in 2010 were worse than us. They also got knocked out in the next round.
Greece in 2014 were really poor, got out of the group and then knocked out by Costa Rica on pens.

I'm off to the bloody boxing on Saturday night in London, Tyson Fury at Tottenham Stadium and of course our game is at 7pm. Going to be juggling the fight, nose beers and the football.....

Im here for it.

Said after beating Tunisia and Denmark.

Who do you think would have come second in the group if Australia didn’t?

Another remarkable result. Soaked up pressure, scores an elite goal. then kept a fine clean sheet.

I think teams that we've put under pressure have shitthemselves & panicked. They probably keep thinking they should be winning easily. then when they can't crack the defence, they crumble mentally.

Whatever it is. its just amazing stuff!!!!

View attachment 1565326
England would be pretty happy to see Germany out and Argentina Brazil on the other side of the draw

View attachment 1565326
Love the massively overrating of Saudi. Apart from 10 minutes, have been pathetic all World Cup.
Said to those around that Saudi wouldn’t score again and won’t win or draw. About right.

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup (Round of 16) - On SBS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back