Game Day 2022 QF: Demons v Swans - 2 Sep 2022 - 7:50pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest I don't think Cunningham would be a good sub in terms of being an impact player. Even if he has run 10km less he is not going to dominate a game.

no so much impact but covers every position bar ruck. Perfect sub

no so much impact but covers every position bar ruck. Perfect sub
I love Cunners, but not sure I want him one out in the goal-square on May, and even less so on Ben Brown.

But yeah, can go to any area, we just shuffle others around. Fox, Heeney can play tall etc. Can say the same for Campbell tbh, but less experience and less accomplished, so I'd be surprised if he got picked.

Footy fans are sadists when you think about it. We voluntarily emotionally invest ourselves in a competition where we have a 94.4% chance of our season ending in bitter disappointment. And for what? I've aged about 10 years in the last 8 weeks.
Look I know how you arrived at that probability - but I feel like you can factor in North, Essendon and Gold Coast as outside the dataset.

For all the talk of Swans/Dees fans going to this game, there is surely gonna be thousands of neutrals there too? I know a stack of non-Swans and Dees fans going, and I am one individual from Perth who doesn't know that many people.

Should be a mammoth crowd, just hope the weather doesn't stuff it up
The suns out

Footy fans are sadists when you think about it. We voluntarily emotionally invest ourselves in a competition where we have a 94.4% chance of our season ending in bitter disappointment. And for what? I've aged about 10 years in the last 8 weeks.
Better than being an Essendon fan, who have a 100% chance of their season ending in bitter disappointment, coupled with a clinical dose of self-loathing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha..very true!
On the bright side we only have an 83.3% chance of the year ending in disappointment now.

I agree that he's not blowing me away by any means, and I don't feel like I'm watching a future star yet like I was with Blakey/Rowbottom/McInerney/Warner/Guden. But ineffective is a little harsh. His coverage of the ground to push back deep in defence and always present as an option has played a part in getting our run and carry going, which was non-existent in the first half of the year. I'd say that's just doing a role quite well without starring.

I also thought he was most definitely not in our bottom four against Adelaide and St Kilda, and was in fact in our top half a dozen in both of those games.
Stephens has improved out of sight. Just seems to have relaxed a bit and now plays his natural game. His evasive skills are much better, getting caught with the ball far less often.

The strangely durable Ben Reid could plug the role.

Campbell for mine.
I'd rather ruck Reid with Fox as backup, than have a small go down and us have to fit Sincs into a forward line with Buddy, Reid and Logan.

If we are left with Reid vs Gawn and Jackson, then we may as well start planning for Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back