Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

budget cuts :(

Javier Bardem Lol GIF by James Bond 007

Couple of variations of my side. Haven't paid a huge deal of attention to the practise matches.

34k remaining
1646814417319-png.1341610

35k left in this scenario.
1646815009531-png.1341630

Essentially it boils down to:

Side 1: Lloyd, Gibcus, Berry Treloar

Side 2: Ridley, Short, Ward, McGovern (or rookie pending selections)

Rookie selections may play a huge part in the decision on which structure I end up starting with.

What do you guys think? Open to other suggestions as well.

So this is the starting squad. Miller could be Steele and Ridley could be Stewart...etc.
Trying to complete this is a complete mind feck.
There's always a compromise here, a turd there, or a couple of cheap rookies that will probably never get a game

1646825197897.png

I hope there are coaches out there really happy with their team right now who are also not totally deluded

So this is the starting squad. Miller could be Steele and Ridley could be Stewart...etc.
There's always a compromise here, a turd there, or a couple of cheap rookies that will probably never get a game

View attachment 1341743

I hope there are coaches out there really happy with their team right now who are also not totally deluded
I’m warming to Parish over the Pig.

Talk sense in to me please.

View attachment 1341743

20220309_195322.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m warming to Parish over the Pig.

Talk sense in to me please.
Both capable of massive scores as well as a couple of 80's.
I think Parish could add more consistency to his game this year and if he does that I think he has a chance of being the best mid in the comp (SC)
Clarry has runs on the board and other than his rd5 clash with GWS which might see a low score he's a great set and forget.
There's a bit of change in your pocket if you take Parish. How does it help you elsewhere.....

Both capable of massive scores as well as a couple of 80's.
I think Parish could add more consistency to his game this year and if he does that I think he has a chance of being the best mid in the comp (SC)
Clarry has runs on the board and other than his rd5 clash with GWS which might see a low score he's a great set and forget.
There's a bit of change in your pocket if you take Parish. How does it help you elsewhere.....
Hewett to Sic at D3 is the move I’m chasing.

Hewett to Sic at D3 is the move I’m chasing.
I hate my def setup with all of my recent teams. I might just have to go premo there and compromise elsewhere.

Every player under Sic price makes me think of this Clint gif

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Not much love for Xerri in here? Seems like a no brainer to me, 200k so priced as a high priced rookie and played #1 ruck in the AAMI game with Goldy mainly resting forward. You'd think North would want to transition to youth with Goldy on his last legs. Dominated VFL most of last year, including a 35 disposal (30 contested - the most in the VFL since 2011) and 27 hit out game. He's a more than capable ruckman and was one of North's best in the AAMI game (15 possessions with 14 being contested, 5 marks, 6 tackles and 29 hitouts for 93 SuperCoach points). I'd take him over (and have) Brodie in a heartbeat.

Only 7% ownership and should play as North's number 1 ruck at 200k. Slight concern over what happens when CCJ returns but Xerri is a significantly better ruckman than him. Wait until team sheets release for the North game, if he's named in the ruck you lock him away and throw away the key as he will outperform his price by a considerable margin and could end up one of the best cash cows this season. Probably the biggest lock in the forward line bar Dunkley if he keeps that ruck role.
Shhhhh

Not much love for Xerri in here? Seems like a no brainer to me, 200k so priced as a high priced rookie and played #1 ruck in the AAMI game with Goldy mainly resting forward. You'd think North would want to transition to youth with Goldy on his last legs. Dominated VFL most of last year, including a 35 disposal (30 contested - the most in the VFL since 2011) and 27 hit out game. He's a more than capable ruckman and was one of North's best in the AAMI game (15 possessions with 14 being contested, 5 marks, 6 tackles and 29 hitouts for 93 SuperCoach points). I'd take him over (and have) Brodie in a heartbeat.

Only 7% ownership and should play as North's number 1 ruck at 200k. Slight concern over what happens when CCJ returns but Xerri is a significantly better ruckman than him. Wait until team sheets release for the North game, if he's named in the ruck you lock him away and throw away the key as he will outperform his price by a considerable margin and could end up one of the best cash cows this season. Probably the biggest lock in the forward line bar Dunkley if he keeps that ruck role.
Not convinced.
  • Once the real stuff starts Goldy goes back to rucking 90% of the game.
  • Once CCJ comes back Xerri barely even gets a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back