Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does that last if things aren’t going well is the concern?
NORTH are not thinking about winning a flag this year ......so it's still a development year ....this could be Goldy's last season ....time to plan for who will Ruck in their next Premiership

NORTH are not thinking about winning a flag this year ......so it's still a development year ....this could be Goldy's last season ....time to plan for who will Ruck in their next Premiership
Getting pounded week in week out also isn’t great for young players either. I have him but just pointing out that if the experiment of Goldy forward doesn’t work out they could likely shuffle things.

Getting pounded week in week out also isn’t great for young players either. I have him but just pointing out that if the experiment of Goldy forward doesn’t work out they could likely shuffle things.
That's why NORTH have said they'll play both Xerri and Goldy ......they'll still count on Goldy's experience at certain times in a match .....IMO the 60/40 split from last weekend, is likely to be the season split

That's why NORTH have said they'll play both Xerri and Goldy ......they'll still count on Goldy's experience at certain times in a match .....IMO the 60/40 split from last weekend, is likely to be the season split
Have they actually said that? Close watch on North and the messaging coming out of the club over the next week.

I reckon DEF is safe as houses, +-5 points to their average max. Some of the players have defined roles, take kick-ins, intercept, things like that won't change. I see a lot of upside in a few of the premos.

This is the fun part of SC and being involved in this board, seeing all the different opinions.
Listening to Moreira's Magic Podcast last night .....I really must learn that sleep is a good thing .....anyway, what's come out is that there's no "right" way for a starting side

Their opinion was the game is 25% starting setup ...75% trading ......it's a trading game

The other interesting outcome, after listening to a few podcasts, is the highly ranked players all follow different paths & contradict each others game commandments

Xerri or Brodie for F5?
Neither. Take a bunch of cheapies, start with $150k in the bank and do 3 correction trades in rd3 to ensure you have the best cash generation. There's every chance the cheapies do just as good as the expensive blokes (considering they're $100k or more cheaper)

Neither. Take a bunch of cheapies, start with $150k in the bank and do 3 correction trades in rd3 to ensure you have the best cash generation. There's every chance the cheapies do just as good as the expensive blokes (considering they're $100k or more cheaper)
BuT We DoNt HaVe AnY rOoKiEs!!!!!!!

BuT We DoNt HaVe AnY rOoKiEs!!!!!!!
I love being wrong!!!

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's your suggestion at F5? Already got Rachele at F6 and Dixon/Martin on the bench.

I'd go Oliver to Rowell and Bowey up to a premo. McInerney very intriguing after the weekend. I like guys who are superfit and while I'd normally shy away from trying to punt on a breakout contender he does tick some boxes as a likely type.
I was also quite intrigued by McInerney's score so I watched the game and he had so much space and now and then a player went to him...it was one way Jared Polec...
so I don't think that game was a true indication as I don't think many other teams will allow hm to have that space.
Unless someone knows his score or possessions from the practice game????

Who's your suggestion at F5? Already got Rachele at F6 and Dixon/Martin on the bench.

I think we'll get 4/6 of (at least):
Martin, Baldwin, JHayes, Dixon, Joyce, McEntee

so just take your pick and hope for the best

but out of Xerri and Brodie, has to be Xerri. If he gets that 60% ruck time, he'll score well.

I think we'll get 4/6 of (at least):
Martin, Baldwin, JHayes, Dixon, Joyce, McEntee

so just take your pick and hope for the best

but out of Xerri and Brodie, has to be Xerri. If he gets that 60% ruck time, he'll score well.
I reckon 2 premo forwards is the go. then Cogs + Xerri/Brodie/Curnow whatever and then 4 rooks.

I reckon 2 premo forwards is the go. then Cogs + Xerri/Brodie/Curnow whatever and then 4 rooks.
Yep that's what I'm thinking.

Especially if McEntee plays (I think he will; he's a small forward and Orazio is out) and Joyce gets mid/fwd dpp, that's handy mid-fwd bench cover swing

Yep that's what I'm thinking.

Especially if McEntee plays (I think he will; he's a small forward and Orazio is out) and Joyce gets mid/fwd dpp, that's handy mid-fwd bench cover swing
Will Joyce actually get that DPP though? I didn't see the practice match but I know from his time at the Lions he was purely inside mid who struggles a bit on the spread from contests

Will Joyce actually get that DPP though? I didn't see the practice match but I know from his time at the Lions he was purely inside mid who struggles a bit on the spread from contests
Fingers crossed. He was MID/FWD DPP when he was last on a list. What will they look at? The praccy match or his previous AFL career? I'm hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back