Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did amazing in the aami game so at the moment north are saying he is a top 5 performer for them, if things dont workout he will probably just play up forward
He’s a terrible forward with likely very poor scoring. I have him on the assumption he’s getting the lions share of the ruck. Any sign that’s not the case he’s a terrible pick.

1646869642188.png

After some further tinkering this is what I have got.

I am also considering a variation of this side with Ridley Short & Ward in for Lloyd, Hewett and Berry.

Who wins out of that?

Their opinion was the game is 25% starting setup ...75% trading ......it's a trading game
This is so true. When I've overthought my round 1 team, I make weird decisions like Brett Goodes at D3.
The years I've kept it simple I've done well.

SC 100322.png

I'm keeping between 50-100k in reserve for rookie corrections.

Yep that's what I'm thinking.

Especially if McEntee plays (I think he will; he's a small forward and Orazio is out) and Joyce gets mid/fwd dpp, that's handy mid-fwd bench cover swing
No guarantee McEntee will play as Motlop did not play last weekend.

View attachment 1341877

After some further tinkering this is what I have got.

I am also considering a variation of this side with Ridley Short & Ward in for Lloyd, Hewett and Berry.

Who wins out of that?

I prefer Ridley/Short/Ward as I'm not confident on Hewett, but option 2 is the winner if Hewett and Berry average 35ppg higher than their current price.

Reckon you need all 4 of them, they should all be able to average 75+, play each week
Nah not over the rookies. pick whoever you like and suits your structure but no way i'd say they're must haves.

Reckon you need all 4 of them, they should all be able to average 75+, play each week
I have concerns with all 3 of Xerri, Brodie and Curnow

Curnow = injury obviously
Brodie = 20-25 games in like 5 or 6 years. Still slow and no tank. Couldn't get a game at the Suns, now at Freo. Fyfe and Mundy will still get mid time.
Xerri = the best of the lot, but I'm still worried he'll spent way too much time forward, or get dropped if North think they're too tall and Goldy and CCJ are playing well

Brodie = 20-25 games in like 5 or 6 years. Still slow and no tank. Couldn't get a game at the Suns, now at Freo. Fyfe and Mundy will still get mid time.
Xerri = the best of the lot, but I'm still worried he'll spent way too much time forward, or get dropped if North think they're too tall and Goldy and CCJ are playing well
Xerri + 50-60k in the bank to switch round 3 if needed IMO.

Here it is!

A couple rookie bench spots will change no doubt, and maybe I'll grab a high price cash cow in the middle or up forward, but this is it.

Boyd being named or an injury at Port, or some indication that Sinn is best 22, will be the only way I drop a DEF premo for an extra MID or FWD premo. Maybe Kemp as well, but I need to do some more research. I'm not interested in Hinge or Gibcus, just got a bad feeling about them.

I think if given the opportiunity for games, cheap FWD rooks like Martin, Baldwin, McEntee, Dixon, etc will score well and out perform the expensive cash cows that everybody is taking (in terms of cash generation).

Very similar to my starting side last year, similar structure, similar cash in the bank. A few more mid-pricers this year than last, but I'm basically calling them 'underpriced premos'. It worked then, I'm sure it can work now.

1646876269565.png

Last edited:
Here it is!

A couple rookie bench spots will change no doubt, and maybe I'll grab a high price cash cow in the middle or up forward, but this is it.

Boyd being named or an injury at Port, or some indication that Sinn is best 22, will be the only way I drop a DEF premo for an extra MID or FWD premo. Maybe Kemp as well, but I need to do some more research. I'm not interested in Hinge or Gibcus, just got a bad feeling about them.

I think if given the opportiunity for games, cheap FWD rooks like Martin, Baldwin, McEntee, Dixon, etc will score well and out perform the expensive cash cows that everybody is taking (in terms of cash generation).

Very similar to my starting side last year, similar structure, similar cash in the bank. A few more mid-pricers this year than last, but I'm basically calling them 'underpriced premos'. It worked then, I'm sure it can work now.

View attachment 1341917

You don't like Sicily ?

Why wouldn't you have SDK in the FWD's to interchange with McCartin in DEF ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't like Sicily ?

Why wouldn't you have SDK in the FWD's to interchange with McCartin in DEF ?
Nope, I can see Sicily giving away 50m pens and having decisions reversed because of his big mouth. Also the Hawks have 10 half backs now, just think he gets less ball.

Because there's no other def rookies. I can swap them down the track when I do the inevitable rookie correction trades.

Nope, I can see Sicily giving away 50m pens and having decisions reversed because of his big mouth. Also the Hawks have 10 half backs now, just think he gets less ball.

Because there's no other def rookies. I can swap them down the track when I do the inevitable rookie correct trades.
Yep SDK and McCartin are both required down back.

Yep, I have concerns too, but I also have concerns wirh Rachelle on field needing 3 goals and 8 tackles to get 80 points or Hinge wirh his dodgy shoulder or gibcus not a guaranteed starter etc. At least it's and easy fix to down grade them if I'm wrong.

Yep, I have concerns too, but I also have concerns wirh Rachelle on field needing 3 goals and 8 tackles to get 80 points or Hinge wirh his dodgy shoulder or gibcus not a guaranteed starter etc. At least it's and easy fix to down grade them if I'm wrong.
I just think people have forgotten how it is every year. Every year we pick a bunch of cheapies, often from D5 to D8, M6 to M11, F5 to F8, and it seems to work out alright. Yes we often put the wrong one on field, and a couple get dropped in rd2, but for the most part it works out. If the cheapies are there, I think you gotta take them. If they're all in the middle or up forward, then you need to adjust your structure. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, we'll see as the year plays out.

I just think people have forgotten how it is every year. Every year we pick a bunch of cheapies, often from D5 to D8, M6 to M11, F5 to F8, and it seems to work out alright. Yes we often put the wrong one on field, and a couple get dropped in rd2, but for the most part it works out. If the cheapies are there, I think you gotta take them. If they're all in the middle or up forward, then you need to adjust your structure. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, we'll see as the year plays out.
But the cheapies just feel shitter than ever this year and other than the big 3, the expensive ones don't seem that great.
Does anyone have the list of probables from previous years for comparison?

Screenshot_20220310-124310.png

Hopefully the final product, got 55k to move around rookies if needed.

Lloyd picks himself.
Not in love with the Short pick, would prefer Stewart but would leave me with no cash itb, safe pick, hopefully he can kick it to his team mates more often this year.
Whitfield lock. I would pick him at 500k regardless of what line he's on.
Worried about Gibcus scoring potential, but his JS is rock solid imo, just need to survive until R6 when we get DPP reinforcements.
If any of the def rookies don't get up I will probably just swing my loop player to D8.

Macrae, Steele and Neale haven't moved since the picked opened.
Wanted Titch, crossed him off after "groin stuff" caused him to miss the praccy.
Wanted Bont, but he plays on a god damn Wednesday, so I can't risk having him locked in if disaster strikes, so Touk it is.
Still don't like the Rowell pick, going to follow the crowd on this, at 36% ownership now, only gonna go up. Plenty of bailout options around.

Backing Grundy to bounce back in a big way.
Darcy's scoring is a piss take, just gets so many HTAs, think Freo are on the improve, doubt I'll ever have the balls to C him.
Wouldn't be surprised if Gawn was the #1 ruck/scorer again, happy to bet on a bit of Dee's regression and Jackson continuing to get more of a crack.

Dunkley a lock, not letting him torch me again.
Love Dusty for 500k, role looks great, won't be stuck camping fwd as much now that the Tigers are going ahead with 3 talls and Nank/Soldo.
**** Butters.
Still can't believe they didn't scum us on Cogs price or position, a freebie.
Would like to get Xerri, love picking ruckmen on lines that aren't the ruck, but he's just out of reach unless we get even more 102kers playing.

Here it is!

View attachment 1341917
I've gone the same way with a few minor exceptions. I went with 5 pricey defenders and put a little extra into the forward line. Didn't go Rowell in the end but like you keen on the slimmed down Cripps.

Here it is!

View attachment 1341917

They may be placeholders but F5-8 is a disaster zone.

I'd be surprised if one of Martin or Baldwin plays (I think Martin is a chance, but sub 50%), would fall off my chair if both do. I'd be looking to bat deeper there at the expense of a defender. As it stands, you are concentrating all of your risk in the forward-line (so much so that you can't even find room for McCartin - who looks as safe as any rookie priced player - on the field).

They may be placeholders but F5-8 is a disaster zone.

I'd be surprised if one of Martin or Baldwin plays (I think Martin is a chance, but sub 50%), would fall off my chair if both do. I'd be looking to bat deeper there at the expense of a defender. As it stands, you are concentrating all of your risk in the forward-line (so much so that you can't even find room for McCartin - who looks as safe as any rookie priced player - on the field).
I think both Baldwin and Martin play. If one or neither play, might still get enough cheap fwd rooks with McEntee, JHayes and Dixon. Or I'll grab one or two of the pricey boys, I got almost $150k in the bank

Just like every single year playing SC, something we all seem to have forgotten this year, we always take cheap rookies. Even if their JS seems shaky, or their scoring potential seems low, most of the time it works out. Plus we always do rookie correction trades in round 3, it's just a part of SC. This year we can do 3 of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back