Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
contingency plans in case theres no def rooks to replace nod and kelly to rookies that will play. also planning for mccomb and dixon to not be named.

Screenshot_20220312-023758_Chrome.jpg

A. cripps and dead rooks out berry and playing rooks in.

B. english out hewitt in and swap in some better rooks.

Last edited:
I've got 4 teams I'm happy with, all dependant on which cheap rookies are selected in rd1 (and whether I want to pick Hinge or not).
There's also a couple of premo selections I'm tossing up on.
I want to hold as much cash in the bank as possible, as I fully intend on dropping a trade boost for 3 "cash cow correction trades" in rd3.

View attachment 1342424

View attachment 1342425

View attachment 1342426

View attachment 1342427

It's essentially:

1) Lloyd + Crisp + McEntee + Rachele + Dixon + $144k bank

2) Crisp + Skinner + Touk + Rachele + Dixon + $53k bank

3) Dale + Skinner + McEntee + De Goey + Heeney + $29k bank

4) Hinge + Skinner + Touk + Heeney + Xerri + $68k bank

Which one do you like at this stage

Hey all, am usually more into it but circumstances have lead to it being more difficult this year.

Just an initial team after doing some basic research. Just after some quick thoughts? Don't feel comfortable at all with Will Kelly at F6, but not sure where to go with that. $13k leftover

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.35.02 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.35.02 pm.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 98

Hey all, am usually more into it but circumstances have lead to it being more difficult this year.

Just an initial team after doing some basic research. Just after some quick thoughts? Don't feel comfortable at all with Will Kelly at F6, but not sure where to go with that. $13k leftover
Nothing wrong with it
Very similar to a lot of teams posted on BF

Which Rookies get named will determine how we all set up in the end

contingency plans in case theres no def rooks to replace nod and kelly to rookies that will play. also planning for mccomb and dixon to not be named.

View attachment 1342833

A. cripps and dead rooks out berry and playing rooks in.

B. english out hewitt in and swap in some better rooks.
So, looking at D alone. Probably Boyd, Kelly and NOD need replacing. Cripps to Berry gets you about 180k. Who do you bring in?
I'm not sure an M1-M3 set up like that is viable this year.

Which one do you like at this stage
No clue, not a fan of either. Just waiting to see where the cheap rookies appears. I don't think I'll be happy with any starting team this year, just spending too much on the expensive cash cows.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF
Then I'd have to cull either Steele or Macrae.

Current iteration. I think it's getting pretty close to how I'll roll in Round 1 - will finalise rookies when team announced.

Brody is the one I'm having the most angst over.

There's a bit of cash in the kitty to give me some flexibility to make any corrections or grab a bolter or two.

Thoughts kentlemen?
f3fff8e4aef9745e89d74f9a70d18c96.jpg

B09C9E91-030F-47F3-AB31-339C955551D4.jpeg

Well here’s my second draft of my team, a lot better than the one I first posted a few weeks back. I feel it’s pretty solid, although I still think maybe a couple more changes are needed dependent of which rookies play among other things.

Here are my thoughts on what could be changed, would love to get your opinions on it and my team overall

Would one more premium mid be worth it? I know Bont, Macrae and Neale are stars and Rowell will be great if he fires back to his early season form, but I can’t help but feel I need a Touk or an Oliver there as well. I could potentially shuffle Brodie forward and move Dixon to the bench to make that spot.

Speaking of Dixon, he and Naish might be pretty handy picks considering the Eagles injury crisis and they’ll hopefully get a fair bit of game time.

My backline is the one I’ve been focusing on. My Crisp, Stewart and Lloyd combo I feel will be worth the investment becuase they all guarantee pretty decent points, especially with their kick ins from Lloyd and Stewart. My second defensive line I’m still unsure about.

Bench I feel is good, because I’ve deliberately put in rookies that are most likely to get some decent game time throughout the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1647038310671.png

I think the only thing I'm still torn about is whether to take Weller in as a potentially good POD, or to drop him to a Ralphsmith/McGovern and upgrade Hewett or Dixon. Wouldn't mind Preuss generating some cash on the bench, like I'm hoping Stephens will do.

View attachment 1342873

Well here’s my second draft of my team, a lot better than the one I first posted a few weeks back. I feel it’s pretty solid, although I still think maybe a couple more changes are needed dependent of which rookies play among other things.

Here are my thoughts on what could be changed, would love to get your opinions on it and my team overall

Would one more premium mid be worth it? I know Bont, Macrae and Neale are stars and Rowell will be great if he fires back to his early season form, but I can’t help but feel I need a Touk or an Oliver there as well. I could potentially shuffle Brodie forward and move Dixon to the bench to make that spot.

Speaking of Dixon, he and Naish might be pretty handy picks considering the Eagles injury crisis and they’ll hopefully get a fair bit of game time.

My backline is the one I’ve been focusing on. My Crisp, Stewart and Lloyd combo I feel will be worth the investment becuase they all guarantee pretty decent points, especially with their kick ins from Lloyd and Stewart. My second defensive line I’m still unsure about.

Bench I feel is good, because I’ve deliberately put in rookies that are most likely to get some decent game time throughout the season.
Ben Mckay is norths first kpd.
He wont be zoning off May style to take intercept marks.
Terrible pick IMO.

Last edited:
Caldwell is surely better value than Brodie. But yeah not ideal he is a mid.

Be handy this year to be able to do 2 down 1 up during upgrade season, bring the in the SP mids.
No one should be fully happy with their starting team, we all have to compromise somewhere :straining:

Our teams are not the same, just similar.

If you keep this setup, I’ll be interested to see how we progress with our trading

GL

Ben Mackay is norths first kpd.
He wont be zoning off May style to take intercept marks.
Terrible pick IMO.
Fair enough. I was considering removing him anyway becuase i felt I could put in another rookie instead haha.

Might use that spare money as well for another quality player instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back