Autopsy 2022 Rd 22 Heartbroken.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid post.

Just as an addendum, you mention LOB in every post you make. You're welcome to have negative opinions to your heart's content, but repetitive agenda based posting is against board rules.

Your views are known, now. You don't need to air them at every opportunity.

With all due respect, it's not easy reading people talking him up so much (mainly last year/earlier in the season) when his flaws are so obvious. I've tried to bring some sense to the discussion. Perhaps it could be judged 'agenda-based posting', and undoubtedly there were times I got a bit more fired up.

Anyway, point taken and I have accepted that he's fringe, low-paid etc so my expectations/posts have adjusted accordingly, recently.

Ultimately though, going forward, if there is relevance to analysis of the game, surely I'm free to post what I please (/react to people's posts as I please)? My post last night was entirely fair and valid imo.

View attachment 1476374

Owies hits this pass, we soak another 15 seconds, and we win

How does a professional footballer grub this ball? He did it multiple times last night, on one occasion twice in the same play. He does not deserve to play next week
Can you do one for saads kick as well?

Just as bad an error for mine under zero pressure, basically kicked it to gawn

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

With all due respect, it's not easy reading people talking him up so much (mainly last year/earlier in the season) when his flaws are so obvious. I've tried to bring some sense to the discussion. Perhaps it could be judged 'agenda-based posting', and undoubtedly there were times I got a bit more fired up.

Anyway, point taken and I have accepted that he's fringe, low-paid etc so my expectations/posts have adjusted accordingly, recently.

Ultimately though, going forward, if there is relevance to analysis of the game, surely I'm free to post what I please (/react to people's posts as I please)? My post last night was entirely fair and valid imo.
It's laughable to hear we offered him one more year and he's trying to bend us over for two.

Take the offer off the table and move him on

Wow…what a game!! That was finals intensity!
The result sucks…but I’m damn proud of (most of) the boys!
Thought we were up against it before the 1st bounce and that we’d lose by a comfortable margin. The boys were on and pushed Melbourne who are a genuine contender. We proved we can mix it with the best.
Melbourne have a better defence/mid/offence than the pies…no doubt in my mind we can beat them next week with that same effort.
In fact it will make it a lot sweeter to secure a finals berth by beating them next week.
It’s our home game…would like to think the ‘G’ will be a full house of blue baggers to get behind the boys.
Let’s go!!!!!

It was so great to have seen the pressure, particularly after those three quarters against Brisbane last week which suggested we were posers in the eight. But fmd yesterday hurt so bad. I just hope they bring the same intensity and pressure next week because it will be the bare minimum against a side built around pressure. The right decisions have to be made at the MC level for next week.

Tough calls for Voss - do they bring Williams back in without a run in the twos to support Saad and allow Doc to move into the midfield? Do we play TDK with Pitto or alternate? Is a 50-50 Cerra right to go?

With the way Collingwood plays, I feel Owies, Durds and Motlop have to play.
If it’s b/w Newnes and Zac to be part of the 7 defenders, I reckon Zac comes straight back in. Sure it’s not ideal but regardless he’ll give us more than Newnes and that’s all that matters. Also Zac dominated a final
v Pies, like the omen

Agree setterfield, looked a natural in there. He's not quick so in traffic suits him

The thing about Setters is that he held off tackles and was able to dispose of the ball. It was actually Crippa like at times.

As others have said, he should never ever play on a wing again.

Will be a good match up for Crisp next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If there was a game that Jack Martin could redeem brownie points it was this one..Feels like someone has kicked me in the nuts and sang kumbaya

Newnes and LOb for sure. I don’t want to see them next week.

Owies applied an enormous amount of pressure all night.
Unfortunately Newnes plays because Newman, Williams etc are out.
I actually think Williams was having a good year before getting injured.

Owies is a worry. He’s sensational without the ball but awful with it.

I’d like to point out the Herculean 16.8km run by Cotts. He’s ready for his rematch with Sidebottom next week and I think he will do a good job. He’s showing he can do close to a full Langdon and barely be subbed off. That gives us a huge advantage.
If he can start to get more of the ball, with his marking and goal kicking, he can be elite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies missing the kick to Saad was terrible but even worse for mine was how quickly he moved it on. He was in a great spot on the ground with options, he should have stopped and soaked up as much clock as possible. Instead he panics and tries to shovel it off to Saad quickly. Not good enough.
Footy is a team sport. At the end of the day you win as a team or lose as a team. The result cant be changed.
We played fantastic and we were on the front foot from the first bounce. We'll have to bring it all again next week if we want to beat the Pies.
So close tonight.Where has this intensity been for the past 2 months?

I didn't see the game but on reading the wrap ups and particularly seeing Kane Cornes' forensic analysis of the last 5 minutes of the game, it appears we let ourselves down rather than being robbed.
Definitely weren't robbed. Just made crucial errors in the last few mins and they got a goal from it

Owies missing the kick to Saad was terrible but even worse for mine was how quickly he moved it on. He was in a great spot on the ground with options, he should have stopped and soaked up as much clock as possible. Instead he panics and tries to shovel it off to Saad quickly. Not good enough.
I didn't see the game but Kane Cornes' analysis on the Sunday Footy Show of Carlton in the final minutes was eye opening.

Brutal.

Thought we played really well. 14 players missing, against the defending premier and the best midfield in the comp and took it all the way to the wire.

I was critical of Cripps last week but in the second half he was excellent. So too Docherty, who went into the midfield and led from the front. All over the ground really, players did their jobs. Arguably our best game for yhe season, and most importantly, we showed up in a big game for once.

And yet, they just blew it again. Last 10 seconds of the first half were atrocious. Last 3 minute of the game were atrocious. And it is all mental - the players were in the right spots, had the right intensity and made bad mistakes. The 4 on 2 where Melksham marked it. Owies kick. The long Mlebounre kick down the line to a 3 on 1 that we fumbled out of bounds. Not getting an extra back to cover front and center on the last contest, allowing am easy goal. All mental

I hate all the talk of 'learning' from it as well. You don't learn from that - it destroys you. I sincerely hope we back it up next week and/or the Buldgos choke because those sorts of losses can be crushing for a club

Definitely weren't robbed. Just made crucial errors in the last few mins and they got a goal from it

I'd like to see a bit more fire from Vossy in the pressers. He plays it too measured. Lack of intensity in previous weeks and crucial errors last night (not manning up on Gawn in last minutes and a positive 3 on 1 in the final minute or so not seeing us mark the ball) should elicit a strong response from him. Is he mellowing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 22 Heartbroken.

Back