VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our fitness advantage was the difference in the end. Werribee the better side on the day I feel.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

only one person wraps them up.........
episode 19 math GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really rated Mirkov's game. Rucked well, mixing traditional taps with big smashes later in the game (effective move). He was also involved around the ground, which has been his biggest knock. He took a few nice marks, including one inside D50. Kicking was very solid. We could have one there.

Also, it is so good to have the games available for free on the app!

Worked it out through hard work and better delivery in to F50. My thoughts:

= Mirkov. Tick. good game. Sure hands. Not much of a tank but good skills for a ruckman.
= Philp. Tick. Fumbly at times but geesh he's a terrier
= Stocker. Gun, love him. In the ones.
= Dow. So all or nothing, but ihis all can be good.
= Willow. REally good, great options today. Fast & ok in traffic. His left looks good but overkicks
= Kemp. The naysayers can back off, really good leading all day and hard work.
= O'B. Good running back in defence, good discipline. But skill errors hurt his game. Many here love his effectiveness in kicking but his errors are so obvious & glaring to me.
= Fog. Works hard, poor skills
= Carroll. Looks great, very smooth, effective kick and kicks within himself. DOesn't try the fancy windup and looks better for the result.

I really rated Mirkov's game. Rucked well, mixing traditional taps with big smashes later in the game (effective move). He was also involved around the ground, which has been his biggest knock. He took a few nice marks, including one inside D50. Kicking was very solid. We could have one there.

His field kicking albeit from marks was really effective, nothing fancy but very effective.

It was great to see him clean grabbing overhead marks. Neat short kicking as well after the mark. Hit a team mate easily each time. Really relieved the pressure each instance. He has a long way to go on his development and no doubt consistency-wise but 2023 could see him play some seniors. Hopefully not before as that probably means injuries have happened.

I didn’t watch the whole game but how can Dow play on the ball the whole game and only get 16 touches? I read that he had at least 6 clearances too so what’s he doing the rest of the time?

Always nice to see some classy touches from Carroll and Stocker, and good to keep the winning feeling going despite only playing with 10 listed Carlton players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didn’t watch the whole game but how can Dow play on the ball the whole game and only get 16 touches? I read that he had at least 6 clearances too so what’s he doing the rest of the time?

Always nice to see some classy touches from Carroll and Stocker, and good to keep the winning feeling going despite only playing with 10 listed Carlton players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Because he is all or nothing.

He goes for it, and if he misses the ball, its' someone elses job. In the third he got back to defence to help a few times, which was great to see. But overall he seems to be hit / miss.

Probably a great addition to certain midfields, ut I can't see him getting a game in ours tbh

Worked it out through hard work and better delivery in to F50. My thoughts:

= Mirkov. Tick. good game. Sure hands. Not much of a tank but good skills for a ruckman.
= Philp. Tick. Fumbly at times but geesh he's a terrier
= Stocker. Gun, love him. In the ones.
= Dow. So all or nothing, but ihis all can be good.
= Willow. REally good, great options today. Fast & ok in traffic. His left looks good but overkicks
= Kemp. The naysayers can back off, really good leading all day and hard work.
= O'B. Good running back in defence, good discipline. But skill errors hurt his game. Many here love his effectiveness in kicking but his errors are so obvious & glaring to me.
= Fog. Works hard, poor skills
= Carroll. Looks great, very smooth, effective kick and kicks within himself. DOesn't try the fancy windup and looks better for the result.

From this depending on form / injuries I'd have Stocker, Willow, Philp, Carroll are the next in.

Because he is all or nothing.

He goes for it, and if he misses the ball, its' someone elses job. In the third he got back to defence to help a few times, which was great to see. But overall he seems to be hit / miss.

Probably a great addition to certain midfields, ut I can't see him getting a game in ours tbh

Yeah I think he is gone at the end of the season.
It's a shame, but that is footy

Mirkov, 42 hit-outs. Plus a few marks around the ground. Developing well. Looks like he may getr a game later in year, maybe if he keeps it up?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back