VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t watch the whole game but how can Dow play on the ball the whole game and only get 16 touches? I read that he had at least 6 clearances too so what’s he doing the rest of the time?

Always nice to see some classy touches from Carroll and Stocker, and good to keep the winning feeling going despite only playing with 10 listed Carlton players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I thought Dow's who ended with16 disposals was touched up by his opponent. Gribble, the reigning Liston Trophy medalist had 40 touches & was their best player by far., LOB, Carroll & Stocker only players I would consider played well enough to be promoted.

Dow at his best almost looks Judd-like.

Unfortunately, like Juddy he really can only play the one position on the ground. But, to state the bleeding obvious, he's simply not as good or as dynamic as Juddy to make up for it.

Mirkov

77b45c811132100153dbac1724390867
Yep, I reckon he has it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

toughest job in footy today - explaining how the fu** we won that........
In the words of Peter Landy, "Werribee ran out of petrol tickets".

In the 2nd half of the last quarter we found plenty of space right across the ground as Werribee's intensity dropped right off. We had 40 more disposals than Werribee in the last quarter.

The club will happily take the 4 points & use the first 3 quarters as part of player development for the future.

In the 2nd half of the last quarter we found plenty of space right across the ground as Werribee's intensity dropped right off. We had 40 more disposals than Werribee in the last quarter.

The club will happily take the 4 points & use the first 3 quarters as part of player development for the future.
there's no need to show off.........

I didn’t watch the whole game but how can Dow play on the ball the whole game and only get 16 touches? I read that he had at least 6 clearances too so what’s he doing the rest of the time?

Always nice to see some classy touches from Carroll and Stocker, and good to keep the winning feeling going despite only playing with 10 listed Carlton players.

Because he is all or nothing.

He goes for it, and if he misses the ball, its' someone elses job. In the third he got back to defence to help a few times, which was great to see. But overall he seems to be hit / miss.

Probably a great addition to certain midfields, ut I can't see him getting a game in ours tbh
I think Dow was on the bench for significant chunks of the 3rd and 4th quarters. He ground out the game, but perhaps he was playing through something after a strong first half.

Hayes is a very reliable honest type of footballer ..
Carroll be really firing by the bye -- getting involved in more chains every week .. he could rotate to a wing half forward off the bench seems adaptable ..
Stocker got some good ball today but seems he be good after another blow out .depending on injuries ..
Good to see a win like that looked gone halfway through the third ..

I think our defensive exits were poor in the first and then we gradually found a way. Coach moved some better users up back. Good work.

I think Dow was on the bench for significant chunks of the 3rd and 4th quarters. He ground out the game, but perhaps he was playing through something after a strong first half.

16 is quiet for a midfielder but his centre bounce clearances turned the game for us in the 3rd.

Every centre bounce he attended in the last he was bear hugged by an opponent facing away from the play. No doubt they identified him as our biggest midfield threat.

His goal when we were two goals down in the last oozed class. Picked it up cleanly and snapped it through on the left after 30secs of fumbling from both sides in our fwd 50.

I’d love to see him earn another opportunity in the seniors soon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

16 is quiet for a midfielder but his centre bounce clearances turned the game for us in the 3rd.

Every centre bounce he attended in the last he was bear hugged by an opponent facing away from the play. No doubt they identified him as our biggest midfield threat.

His goal when we were two goals down in the last oozed class. Picked it up cleanly and snapped it through on the left after 30secs of fumbling from both sides in our fwd 50.

I’d love to see him earn another opportunity in the seniors soon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
More about consistency and what he does without the ball. He's always been fine around a stoppage and in link play going forward

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back