Autopsy 2022 Round 14 Slow starting Blues have disappointing loss

Who played well for the Blues in our round 14 match vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is 150 a big milestone? Used to be 200, 250 and 300 were the big milestones ...

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Still a milestone game for our captain and we played soft football and were stunned in a qtr and a half by the feral mob we need to change up our mid set up get some speed in their to counter our slower mids.

I’m really frustrated over tonight, this one has got me good. A couple of things with 1st being our boys need to kick when in clear space, I am happy to back the handball game in, but you’ve gotta sometimes kick the ball earlier in the chain of play. Chances went begging tonight to create I50 entries because some of our lads didn’t have the guts to take the kick. They’re built around pressure, having ball in hand for too long punished us at times tonight.

2nd is our second half was quite solid. Cripps, Saad and Walsh were standouts and kudos to Boyd who had his best game tonight, that kick to H in the pocket was crisp. It’s hard to verse a side also built around 1%ers as well, they’ve been great at that for years and the weather and some luck favoured them for sure. Yet for the amount of i50s they had, our defence held up quite well. Our prob was not being able to transition the way we would have liked from our back half, specifically breaking down from HB in 1st half.

Lastly, to all the Tigers supporters whinging on the way home on soapbox that we are cocky or we’ve got swagger. Guess ******* what; yeah we do. We’ve done it hard, we’ve turned a corner and you don’t like it don’t yas, pack of morons. The fact we’re loud again and turning up. Only had to deal with your obnoxiousness for half a decade. That goes for your players too, Bolton and Riewoldt were disgusting in sportsmanship tonight, the latter thinks he’s owed the world. If we get anywhere near a deep finals tilt in the next few years, you’re gonna know about it. Trust me.
Small point, but salient. There is no verb in the English language to 'verse' anyone. One can have an adversary, or one or a team can oppose another, which is what you mean.
Occasionally one might see and advertisement for 'team a' versus ' team b'
Versus is a latin word which means 'opposes'

Austin has a lot to do. Needs to draft well. Tonight C Durdin-terrible S Durdin-Hack Young- very avg.
We need to draft 4 or 5 kids next year
That's complete rubbish. C Durdin taken in the 30s and is our best small forward at 19 years of age. S Durdin kept Reiwoldt to 2 goals after being picked up from SA 2 weeks ago. Young dropped a few marks he would normally take but kept lynch goaless in the 2nd half and had 20 spoils.

Austin has a lot to do. Needs to draft well. Tonight C Durdin-terrible S Durdin-Hack Young- very avg.

3 things

1 That is an incredibly s**t take

2 Where do you think we can find the draft picks required to draft so many kids

3 That is an incredibly s**t take

C Durdin - is fine just needs to get involved more. Good things happen when he does
S Durdin - first game and was serviceable
Young - has grown on me. Thought he had a decent game. Love to see how he goes if he can get a bit stronger and improve his intensity

Latter two good depth. Corey has potential to be more than handy imo

Umpires are broken or holding the ball is broken I think holding the ball is broken.
Carlton player instantly cought arm pinned no prior holding the ball
Richmond player has ball pulled of kick drops it play on WTF
The holding the ball is a fuc/img lottery dumbest rule in any sport any where
If you take possession and don’t dispose by hand or foot free kick if that is the rule we win simple im sick of umpire guesses crap guesses on a crap rule the worst rule in any current sport challenge find a worst rule in any sport I dare you
Guessing you’re talking about the one against Plow in the last.

Was incredibly rough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to be a passionate supporter to be this up in arms after a loss, we’re still in the 8 and we’re one week closer to regaining our preferred KPP players.

What happens on field is out of our control, just strap yourself in and enjoy the ride. I had fun watching tonight’s game, except the first quarter of course.
Unfortunately its no fun for me watching Richmond beat Carlton AGAIN just as it was no fun watching Collingwood beat Carlton AGAIN a few weeks ago.
Yes I get it we have bad luck with injuries, got bent over by the umpires, played dumb football in the conditions early in the game, but seriously its time to start beating these teams consistently.

Guessing you’re talking about the one against Plow in the last.

Was incredibly rough.
There were two others on Walsh where he had no prior imo. Thought there was inconsistency with the sliding rule as well with the one against Walsh paid but the Fisher one wasnt. There defenders were doing a lot of holding and I think our only free i50 came with 60secs left in the game

Small point, but salient. There is no verb in the English language to 'verse' anyone. One can have an adversary, or one or a team can oppose another, which is what you mean.
Occasionally one might see and advertisement for 'team a' versus ' team b'
Versus is a latin word which means 'opposes'
This becoming more common. I hate it. Kids use it. I smack them over the head with a dictionary and ask them to point out how their use of ‘verse’ is appropriate in the sentence they’ve just spoken.

I'm sure its already been stated, but really enjoying what I'm seeing from Boyd. Every game he looks better and better... if we had no injuries I dont think he's in our best 22 at the moment, but he's showing a lot and I think will keep improving.

Right now I'm picking him over Stocker.... which pains me to say.

Easily gets a game ahead of stocker currently, which is why he is currently getting a game ahead of stocker

Missed the match (working). Watched replay of the last Q, after reading the comments on here. A few thoughts:

Richmond being Richmond. Try bloody hard to the last and don't beat themselves. No team can afford to give those campaigners 6 goal starts.

Shai Bolton you absolute flog. Disappointed no one sorted him out, this was not a one off from him.

Riewoldt with his trademark late cheapie after a free, after doing f*** all for most of the night. Seen that movie before.

One day soon McKay will kick 10 - had 5 shots at goal in last quarter alone. If he can do that first Q (and nail the shots) then watch the f*** out.

Could have won had we kicked straight, even just in the last. Curnow missed one. McKay missed two (OK game was over by the second one). Newnes after Broad conned the umpires, yeah he MIGHT have touched it but surely umpires call...

Saad brilliant again. Looking like pick 8 well spent. Still should have marched him to PS draft though, f*** Dodo.

Midfield brigade need to get back on top next week. I think they can and will. Probably have a rocket up their asses tonight.

S Durdin hard to tell. Someone fell on his knee in the pocket early in the Q, could see him on the ground clutching it. Looked in trouble, but a short time later appeared again, then disappeared a while longer, appeared one more time flying for a mark then subbed off, but looked calm AF on the bench. So who knows, looks like maybe it's nothing serious... FFS injury gods, give us something.

Next 2 weeks will define our season. Win 2 and we'll be sitting pretty. Win 1 and we
should be OK. Win none and we're deep in the mire. Think we'll win 1.

He bent his thumb to dig it in...
Dirty **** hope he gets weeks for this...

Ah come on man watch it in real time, He isn't even looking at him & it was over within a half a second you're kidding yourself if you think he did it on purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 14 Slow starting Blues have disappointing loss

Back