Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I'm still a big supporter of Vossy but the fact is that in professional sports you really don't know how good a coaching staff is until their second and sometimes even third season.

Teague had early success. We jumped on the train. It derailed.

Other clubs have had very strong coaches come in and have poor starts but came good.

Let's see where we're at in 12 months. Anything more is way too reactive game by game.

I call bullshit, when do other team lose huge leads week in week out? 3 out of our 4 wins with clung on (which is great). But if we had a workable plan B this wouldn't br happening every week.

Every week there are massive momentum swings in a couple of games.

We are an 11-13 wins side, new coaches, new gameplan

yessssssssss! Got the much needed win ! We have to realise this team haven’t been in these positions before. We have also opened our compaign with 3 wins on the g where it matters most come September. On top of that we have beaten 2 prelim finalists and actually bet them twice on the day. They gave us everything in that second half today and we still managed to recover and grind it out. This group will now know when a really good team is turning it up and just scrapping to edge closer. We asked for a response to our loss and boy did they respond. These wins will be so handy when we are in this same position down the line. They know what it feels like now and you can only learn about beating the best when you live it. Such a great win. GB

Again, once we finally slowed it down and looked for short options instead of mindlessly kicking long to a contest, like the Hawthorn game we got it back in our terms.

It’s what should have happened half way through the third quarter when the momentum was clearly against us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But we won our other 2 games in different style

The concerning thing that has been consistent is our third quarter form.

Thus far we've kicked 2-2-1-1-1 goals in third quarters.

We have the slowest 1 paced midfield in the comp who look quicker in the first half because of our speed of ball movement to our key forwards.

Come 2nd half when fatigue hits our “slow mids” we cannot afford to stop taking the game on as it allows opposition to outnumber of dangerous forwards.

Continue to take the game on but we may also need to find some balance with an injection of midfield pace going forward.

Worst 3rd quarter team in the comp by a fair margin it would seem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 games before the bye.

Freo (A) at Optus
North (H) at Marvel
Crows (H) at Marvel
Giants (A) at Giants Stadium
Swans (H) at Marvel
Pies (A) at MCG

A positive 6 weeks here into the bye is pivotal. 2 interstate trips and bit more trickier than it looks. Very important and can set our season up.
Freo will definitely beat us.

It'll happen. Not an issue for mine.
Enjoying being on 16 points. Dont care how we got them.
I do know its a work in progress still and we havent had our best side on the ground yet.
We’ve been pretty close to full strength save maybe 1 or 2 each week and I think we’ve actually had a better run with injuries than most other clubs so I don’t think that’s an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Back