Autopsy 2023 Elimination Final Blues hold on in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination Final vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a fortress
It's just a patch of of oval grass, some goal posts, and seating areas.
Pffft.
Yep, and they are not real clever up there either.......... most of em follow that no neck game where you have to throw it backwards, they hardly ever kick it and they call it football plus they drink xxxx and Bundy. :eek: say no more.

Last edited:
Ed Gein.. I have just had a call from the FBI.. Good news.. They tell me they have just found the missing 23 that represented Sydney Swans on Grand final day last year !!
think ed had mother issues........

The old adage about Carlton red heads in finals rang true last night didn't it.

Cotters joins a long list.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
93bc3.Maylin.jpg

I see more blacres in this bloke actually - same number and all........

That’s not gonna cut it. Got lucky again with the panic button kick and hope strategy to save the game. Be professionals, be proactive and put the game away. Gotta learn fast.

Still waiting for the penny to drop. They are not a bottom 4 team anymore. They are better than the opposition all over the ground. Play like it.

Enough of conserving a few goal lead into half time. Enough of this fragile panicking rubbish.

Go out there and bully them from start to finish. All of them.

Why can't you enjoy our 1st finals win since 2013.

It was certainly not a textbook impressive win. To be 30+ points up and scrape home is not a complete performance. But I think at this time of year you dispense with the analytics. The only objective is to have your nose in front at the end no matter how you do it.
I think this team has also been weighed down in the past by expectation. Our form reversal mid season only came after all expectation had been removed. Favouritism against the swans was a psychological barrier that was good to overcome. With that finals win, in many respects the season has now already been a success. We will be underdogs from here on, which means lower expectations. We become the hunter. I think it will suit us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thats it exactly.
Of course the inner sanctum will work on the performance level and hope to improve it but thats not our job as supporters.
Our job is to punch the air and dream of glory and give the lads a wave of noise to ride.

Thats it exactly.
Of course the inner sanctum will work on the performance level and hope to improve it but thats not our job as supporters.
Our job is to punch the air and dream of glory and give the lads a wave of noise to ride.
no bitter, mean-spirited refusal to see the good and accept the less than? because it's important to endlessly bleat to prove a win at no cost mentality and by extension that I'm a far better supporter than you cause I don't accept anything but .......wait where was I again?

After 20+ years in the wilderness, the laughing stock for most of it, multiple wooden spoons, nothing but draft picks to squabble over, some on here want to voice negativity on a game against a team that made the Granny last year and a coach that demands excellence, is mind boggling to say the least.

Just went and had a lovely modern stout a the local, the owner, a Dee’s man, the local barfly(great bloke) a Dee’s man, had a great chat, Maynard discussions on Brayshaw perfunctory, I think he gets at least a week, they’re not sure.
If Maynard gets off, so should Martin.

That aside, Acres, Cottrell, set a standard, Fogarty and Cuners clearly make us a better team.
With Big H going down, Charlie getting up the ground took valuable time off the clock.
A win like this sets us up better than an easy romp which could have happened.

Cerra and Walsh were great, Georgie and Newman showed their former club their sliding door loss, TDK was super impressive, Big Pit wrestled back centre clearance ascendancy in the 3rd after they kicked 3 on the trot.
Our backline was a multi-plex of quality and multi skill set, up for any challenge.
Martin is finals, he will miss, we will miss him, I hope we see him again this year, he does have a Normie written in his DNA, bloody lizard.

That Captains goal was liquid, Doc’s opener was the catalyst to belief.
Motts came on and influenced from the get go, battled and tried to make stuff happen to no real advantage, but if he gets another crack, he’ll tear it apart, no doubt in my mind.

Cinc never submits, Kempy is a breath away from cementing his name in neon.
Credit to Voss and his man love for Marchy, thought he impacted at least 4/5 possible goals to Sydney, his joy at the final siren and the personal struggles he’s had over his journey made me smile and brought a tear.

Weiterings composure at times kept the margin somewhat manageable and to our advantage, his fist touch control and delivery by foot was sublime when the heat was on.

Owies was quiet, but I expect that won’t be for too long, he’s a big game player.
Saad was wonderful, I love the bloke.

To the coaches and MC, thanks for the last 10 weeks or so, it’s really given me some pure joy, to the Prez and Cookie, thanks for ignoring the outside pressure in the shitstorm, righting the ship and sailing into qualifier, it can’t be underestimated how that leadership from the top of an organisation can steer us through an almost impenetrable pass.Kudos, hat tip.

It really is a top down to boot studder circling of the wagons sport, look at the Tigs, 3flags from four years, because they hung tough and supported the brand.

We can run deep if we follow the path we are creating, no one wins the big one because of discordance, give me pure melody and a harmonious chorus and we’ll all be da da da da da’ing later this month.
Walk proud this week Baggers, we’ve earned the privilege!

Love ya campaigneros
cc

Last edited:
no bitter, mean-spirited refusal to see the good and accept the less than? because it's important to endlessly bleat to prove a win at no cost mentality and by extension that I'm a far better supporter than you cause I don't accept anything but .......wait where was I again?
Think your stuck in the old Princes Park turnstile with a euphoric grin

Kemp not getting the recognition he is due.
Love his sure hands and Doull like reading of the ball in the air.
The pack goes up and he is half a meter away marking it with nonchalance and landing on his feet.
Yeah, gotta thank SOS for seeing something special and manipulating our picks to secure him AC and all.
The anguish in his face after that error was immense, he’d be one relieved hombre today, but he was very very good before and after that.
Vossy will get him back into the headspace required!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goosebumps!

My brother was supposed to come with me and my son but had to miss because of his wife’s birthday….needless to say I videoed the final last few seconds including Newys mark and the siren and the crowd going nuts and sent to him… he’s still upset 😂😂😂

Who's the guy with red beard always on the bench near Vossy? Looks to be keeping tabs on rotations? Opposition?
greaves2.png

Aaron Greaves Coaching and Innovation Mgr

All that cxarp from Horse about inaccurate kicking.

4 of their points were rushed (and that should have been 5 with the Kemp blunder that resulted in a goal).

How about the goals we gifted them - like 4 from kick outs.

We'll tidy that up this week.
3 rushed according to the stats, plus the 2 that Acres touched.
But your point stands. If they kicked straighter they probably score less.
And the last couple of minutes would be a lot more comfortable if there was an extra couple of points in the margin.

Goosebumps!

I’ve been to many a GF and many a big game but the roar when Crippa goaled and the one here at the final siren was something beyond insane … unbelievable

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Elimination Final Blues hold on in a thriller

Back