Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Charles Dickens...

You know that Dickens guy really like to cover his arse,

:p
pay up george wendt GIF

It's the colloquial paper over the cracks. Keep enjoying wins like that mate, head in the sand stuff.
We won the game at the end of the day. If we got out to 100 point and still only won by 3 points, I'd be disappointed at giving up a massive lead... but I'd be stoked to bank 4 points after the game.

But just to make you happy... ohh boo hoo... we won the game... how shockingly terrible it is to win the game with some of our best players sitting on the sideline. Shut up shop and hand back the keys because there's no future for us if we keep winning games like this. Sakc everyone on the coaching staff... they're all terrible.

There... does that make you happy.

They’re a bit overrated. Barely in front of the bombers who are a complete shit truck this year. Have had a dream run to start the year.
Don’t be so dismissive of Freo. They are, atm, 16 points ahead of the Bombers even though they are playing the Bombers on their home turf.

If Carlton are to beat Freo next week they will have to improve across all four quarters.

For me, it’s a definite loss on current form.

Last edited:
Tbh they are only just learning how to win. We have been dog shit for 7 odd years since all these players came in and started developing.
Bang!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we ran out of legs. I feel that we just got a bit extravagant with so much ball control and wasted chances around the forward 50 in the 3rd term. The football started banging around like a pinball and Port got a bit lucky with that.

And they were trying to save their coaches and own careers also.

Only had half an eye on the game.

I was tucking into a glass of Grange during the first half pile on.

Seems like it went to shit from there.

Love winning though. Our best is so ******* good. Just need to do it for longer.
from grange hermitage to orlando coolabah in less than 30 minutes...........

Almost a carbon copy of the Hawks game.

Whilst I will never begrudge a win the problem with continually (almost) throwing away big leads is that it will always give the opposition hope that they can comeback against us no matter how far they are back.

It also leads me to questions their killer instinct and focus because lot of these guys aren’t young any more so the excuse they don’t have AFL fitness levels to run out games is no longer applicable.

That said there were positives with some guys who have been below their best getting back to the levels you would hope from them like Walsh, Weiters, Cerra, Fisher and Martin, and it’s always good to see Charlie with 4 goals next to his name.

I also didn’t think the ins were terrible and there were no injuries to my knowledge which is good because aside from Cripps and maybe Oscar I doubt we’re getting anyone back any time soon and nobody knocked on the door in the 2s today.
This team has never had that ability to put away teams. We need to learn it. Never had a good enough team to be doing it consistently before this year

Can we just tell people Liam Jones is someone else, Fine Cotton style?

Dear Brothers and Sisters (as The Pope would say) we have much love for our brother, Dow, but, in all seriousness and humility, he and we need to accept that he is not, and never was, a “ Saviour” type footballer. Freo are leading Essendon by 10 points.

Correction: Freo now lead by 40 points at the 28 minute of the 3rd quarter.

Guess what? It will be a miracle if we win in WA against Freo next week!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Back