List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmes - no, don't want to lose him. Don't know why he would want to leave either, guess it must be $$.

Grundy - think that trade buggers said to GWS isn't a bad idea, however I feel pick 21 is a little too much for him, unless they are going to pay another 50k.

Jackson - can just see us taking unders for him. We talk the strong talk but I feel we fold more often than not just to get it done. Am hoping West Coast split pick 2. Much prefer to deal with them than Bellend.

Hunter - no opinion other than he is from the Dogs so must be a massive sooky campaigner.

Sounds like we are trying to moneuvere Harmes into Hunter. Works for me, I’m sick of having inside mids run our wing so it makes sense.

I'm all for players moving on for better opportunities, whatever. But the idea of Harmes running out in Essendon colours doesn't sit overly well with me.

Especially since it'll basically confirm Brayshaw's status as a full-time mid, which is just a waste after his year at HB.

Still shitty at the way we use Harmes – he's a damn good tagger who can hit the scoreboard and win his own ball, yet we insist on leaving him in no man's land at HF most of the time.

Yep harmes at essendon is yuck, I know it means nothing but I think he was a dees supporters growing up so it just doesn't seem right at all. I agree in regards to Brayshaw, he should be as a defender and harmes should get more midfield time. Don't blame essendon for chasing him, hopefully they land that gold coast player.

Trade Harmes? **** that. ****ing **** that right off. Chompers deserves a statue at the G, or somewhere else, for the greatest inside 50 pass in the history of the MFC. Also, he once single-handedly dismantled the saints when they were still someone. I can’t think of anything else he did right now but I’m still quite upset about all of this.

Not too much new.

• Disappointed about Bedford, but haven't spoken to GWS yet
  • Grundy's coming
  • Hunt to West Coast
  • Sounds like we'll really be playing hardball with Jackson
  • Ruled out trading Weideman :(
  • Tomlinson encouraged to look elsewhere
  • Corbett a no

Mentioned 'options elsewhere on the list with players we already have' regading forward line. Imagine that may have been a hint at Petty swinging forward

"Goody and the other coaches are open to being creative with some of the other talent on our list"

1. Would have helped if you were last year instead of sitting on your hands doing precisely nothing til 5 minutes to go in the semi final
2. I might be reading too far into this quote, but has a Petty as a permanent KPF feel about it.

Last edited:
I actually love the father/son rule but they should just tinker the points system so you have a maximum amount of picks you can use to make the points total. Or if you're picking a kid in the first round, you've gotta have at least a 2nd rounder in the points mix.

Having WBD/whoever package up a raft of garbage picks to pick up the best kid in the draft is dumb. Or tweak the points attached to each pick to drop off more steeply.
At least get rid of the points discount, madness that a club can not only get priority access to elite talent but pay less for it too.

What do you think you will pay in draft capital for him?
Opposite the leagues best offensive winger, Hunter can play his hard running defensive self with no problems.

Would hope its not a pick in the 20's

Dare say it will depend what we get back for Harmes and Bedford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Goody and the other coaches are open to being creative with some of the talent other talent on our list"

1. Would have helped if you were last year instead of sitting on your hands doing precisely nothing til 5 minutes to go in the semi final
2. I might be reading too far into this quote, but has a Petty as a permanent KPF feel about it.
That's what I thought too

That's what I thought too

Id love to get Cadman but id be very happy with JVR and Petty also, massive upgrade on the shit we trotted out there this year.

Also, fire in the disco to the backline, exciting times. Very keen to see if Turner can take his opportunity.

personally i would have moved on Sparrow before Harmes, but i can see that turning Harmes into Hunter is exactly the type of tough moves we need to make. we have our superior ball winners in Oliver, Petracca, Viney, and Brayshaw, what we need is better skilled mid types to complement them. as it is we still have Sparrow and Jordon who are inside types spilling over to the outside positions that i wouldn't mind seeing replaced as well. i think they'll be keen to get some games into Laurie or Chandler next year too, so Harmes unfortunately has felt the squeeze.

Id love to get Cadman but id be very happy with JVR and Petty also, massive upgrade on the s**t we trotted out there this year.

Also, fire in the disco to the backline, exciting times. Very keen to see if Turner can take his opportunity.

Lemmey would be a good late round KPF target. Was highly rated but had his season ruined by injury. As a late pick he is boom or bust.

Lemmey would be a good late round KPF target. Was highly rated but had his season ruined by injury. As a late pick he is boom or bust.

Ill have look and update in my draft tier chart. Cheers for the recommendation cocko.

Hypothetically, I don't hate this for next year (would rather keep Harmes, but this is in the case we lose all of Harmes, Bedford, Tomlinson, Hunt):

FB: Hibberd May Lever
HB: Brayshaw Turner Bowey
C: Hunter Viney Langdon
HF: Fritsch Petty ANB
FF: Pickett Gawn JVR
RR: Grundy Oliver Petracca
IC: Rivers Spargo Salem Sparrow

May be a touch tall up front, but don't mind it

mate of Harmes told me he's keen to get to North. Cant blame him for wanting out but I couldn't bare to see him in an Essendon jumper.

The Age reporting Grundy is taking a pay cut once he signs with us.
Why the **** would he want to go to either North or Essendon???

This is a really strange one. Is it more money? More midfield time? I just don't get it. He's best 22 in a top four team. Why would he want to leave? Does this Brayshaw midfield time actually have some truth to it? Did he run over Goody's cat?

I'm flabbergasted and perplexed.

Why the * would he want to go to either North or Essendon???

This is a really strange one. Is it more money? More midfield time? I just don't get it. He's best 22 in a top four team. Why would he want to leave? Does this Brayshaw midfield time actually have some truth to it? Did he run over Goody's cat?

I'm flabbergasted and perplexed.
I get the feeling North have offered him alot more $$$$

Would be pretty disappointing to lose Harmes. Must not be able to offer him enough to want to stay, would guess he’d take less than market so depends how apart the offers are.

Can’t stand Hunter, so fully expect he’ll be a Dee. Fluffing that running bounce on the wing was a GF highlight after the goal he kicked from ducking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back