List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillipou sounds like he's gonna be a gun. Probably end up at the bombers, which upsets me.

Would love him learning his craft off Trac.
Haven't you heard? Trac is about as accurate as a drunk pissing on a urinal.

J.K. But seriously, if we were to draft him, where would he fit in our scheme? If he goes to the Bombers, he'll be a certain starter Rnd 1 next year. Plus you never know with these high draft picks. Can be a gun could also be a bust. Depends on Essendon's Dev team as well.

Hes a winger more than a mid imo and reminds me of Issac Smith. I like him but he's not a certainty to be a gun i don't reckon. Got some tools but he isn't an amazing kick or anything. Can kick it long but also kicks a lot of mungs.

The type of player id be happy to get at 13, I sure wouldnt be trading 3 first round picks for him.

That's fair, I'm basing it solely off his interview on AFL exchange.

Hes a winger more than a mid imo and reminds me of Issac Smith. I like him but he's not a certainty to be a gun i don't reckon. Got some tools but he isn't an amazing kick or anything. Kicks a lot of mungs.

The type of player id be happy to get at 13, I sure wouldnt be trading 3 first round picks for him.

Still gives me the irrits that he chose the Cats over us in the F.A. a couple of years ago but que sera sera etc.

Phillipou sounds OK. But he's that "OK".

That's fair, I'm basing it solely off his interview on AFL exchange.

He definitely got a lot to work with, but he isn't close to a cant miss prospect. If you need a winger though I could see why you'd fall in love with him, but player for player Id have someone like Tsatas comfortably ahead of him going off what ive seen if I was picking top 5 and looking for the best player available.

He definitely got a lot to work with, but he isn't close to a cant miss prospect. If you need a winger though I could see why you'd fall in love with him, but player for player Id have someone like Tsatas comfortably ahead of him going off what ive seen if I was picking top 5 and looking for the best player available.

I haven't heard his interview, but he has good hair 👍

Still gives me the irrits that he chose the Cats over us in the F.A. a couple of years ago but que sera sera etc.

Phillipou sounds OK. But he's that "OK".

Meh, we won a flag, he won a flag. Ive moved on.

Im not saying hes shit, but I dont think hes top 5 worthy.

If we traded our first this year and both next year for a pick 4 this year I would be sad. That is more than we got for Jackson, which is outrageous.

Reckon pick 4 would be worth about pick 13 and our F1. Maybe our F2 included, but a future first is worth a bit, 2 is worth heaps.

If we traded our first this year and both next year for a pick 4 this year I would be sad. That is more than we got for Jackson, which is outrageous.

Reckon pick 4 would be worth about pick 13 and our F1. Maybe our F2 included, but a future first is worth a bit, 2 is worth heaps.
Ah the old trade two first rounders instead of two first rounders

Phantom draft is out.
Has us taking Jefferson, but potentially Ed Allen or even Jakob Ryan. According to Twomey with WCE's pick before us they could go either Allen or Jefferson.

I'm warming to Ed Allan. If Jedd Busslinger is there, that'd be ideal. If we don't trade up or down the order, I just want to avoid Jefferson. Major Weid vibes. If we draft him, I'll happily back him in, but he doesn't excite me.

We just got rid of a Weid don't need another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm warming to Ed Allan. If Jedd Busslinger is there, that'd be ideal. If we don't trade up or down the order, I just want to avoid Jefferson. Major Weid vibes. If we draft him, I'll happily back him in, but he doesn't excite me.
I reckon Jefferson is going to be a slider.

If we can’t trade up then trading down we might still get Jefferson and/or also pick up Konstanty / Hotton / Barnett / George.

Sounds like we are also open to trading up slightly to get Allan so we have a few options!

How tall is Jefferson? Im really not a fan of these athletically gifted non aggressive forwards. Can't think of many successful ones in the last decade or so unless they are 200cm plus.
Jarrad Waite, Mitch Lewis looks ok. Sam Reid at times, the rest are either so bloody tall they can get away with not being dominant in the air like the King's or super aggressive in the air like Naughton

How tall is Jefferson? Im really not a fan of these athletically gifted non aggressive forwards. Can't think of many successful ones in the last decade or so unless they are 200cm plus.
Jarrad Waite, Mitch Lewis looks ok. Sam Reid at times, the rest are either so bloody tall they can get away with not being dominant in the air like the King's or super aggressive in the air like Naughton
194 cm.

It’s wild how much the supposed value of a draft pick gets over inflated compared to the actual value of a gun player.

There is barely a player in the league we would consider coughing up as much for as some people seem to want to give away for a top 5 pick who could well be a total bust.

IMO you can’t possibly justify giving away more than our pick 13 and one of our F1s for pick 4/5, knowing that those picks are the value of a Rising Star winner and Premiership Player.

exactly. you can't bank our future on a kid that's yet to play.
Wouldn’t this make the entire concept of the draft redundant? Every draft pick, unless trades for a known quantity, is banking on a kid that’s yet to play.

The last key forward traded in (I don’t count Schache) was Ben Brown. If that was a miss, and you can rely on 18 year olds, what’s left?

195cm so still a chance to grow a couple more.

I havnt seen anyone else make this comparison but he actually reminds me most of Aaron Naughton, with his high leap and strong hands.

Has a basketball background, very strong runner and has a lot of X-factor (ie. mercurial/exciting to watch). Nice kick too.

My knocks on him are his 78kgs wringing wet, and that he had a few big games at the champs which elevated his stock, but hasn’t otherwise shown the body of work that the other kids in the first round have.

Wouldn’t this make the entire concept of the draft redundant? Every draft pick, unless trades for a known quantity, is banking on a kid that’s yet to play.

The last key forward traded in (I don’t count Schache) was Ben Brown. If that was a miss, and you can rely on 18 year olds, what’s left?
you're not banking on any draft picks You're hoping but definitely not banking. 50% of first rounders don't make it so it's near impossible to bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back