List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1562150

I trust JT, but gee, you'd want to be pretty certain about the prospects of whoever goes at pick 4 (5) if this were to go ahead.
christian bale smiling GIF

I think Jefferson is much better aerially than weideman.

But I do think its more a matter of desperation. We need forwards desperately.
No point if they're not good enough to play senior football.

dude, we're playing Ben Brown. Ben friggin Brown. He's vfl reserves standard. So Jefferson is already better than Ben Brown so it's an immediate upgrade if the coaches aren't as stubborn as they were this year.
:rolleyes:

Was pointed out In the draft board, why go for pick 6 and lower if the player is likely to be there at 7? Seems it would be Humphrey
Humphrey looks solid. Just not convincing by foot from what I've seen. Can't teach a bloke to find the footy and be tough over the ball and in the contest though, and he has these qualities. Not sure I'd be happy to basically trade Dogga for just this kid though. Must be tempting for the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I'd be happy to basically trade Dogga for just this kid though.

Its worse than that, we are giving up our own pick also. I trust JT, but **** me, Humphrey would need to be a superstar for this to work out.

If we somehow get George out Hewett at 22 also id feel a lot better about this.

We are giving up more than Geelong paid for Jeremy Cameron. That's a ****ing stupid over pay for a teenager

We are offering Luke Jackson and our first from this for pick 4. Anyone who thinks that's a good idea has rocks in their head.

Excellent news that we've signed a 206cm project ruck as our Category B rookie.

Kills off any suggestion of taking an 18 year old beanpole in the draft on the off chance they turn out to be Max Gawn II

And with his basketball background he will obviously be a 206cm Scott Pendlebury so that should be handy.
Was playing bball on scholarship in US on the grind session in North America at same institute that Anthony Wiggins and Jamal Murray attended. Didn’t want to spend more time overseas. Played footy right up until almost 16 primarily as a CHF and CHB. Had interest from multiple AFL clubs and was asked not to play in 2022 especially for cat B opportunity. Like all big kids needs time, and not playing TAC might need more adjustment time again but the difference is that he was genuine draft material.

Last edited:
agree. Jason Taylor must be frothing over someone. I really don't like trading 1sts like they mean nothing.
Also I'm not across all of this draft but aren't the guys in the 2-7 range mids? I think we need another mid who's more mid forward than inside but I'd back us to get a good one with 3 pics in the teens vs dumping it all into one top 5 mid. Seems like insanity to me. If there was a 210cm key forward I could kinda get it even though it's an over pay still

Also I'm not across all of this draft but aren't the guys in the 2-7 range mids? I think we need another mid who's more mid forward than inside but I'd back us to get a good one with 3 pics in the teens vs dumping it all into one top 5 mid. Seems like insanity to me. If there was a 210cm key forward I could kinda get it even though it's an over pay still
yeah it seems like a massive overpay to me too. I am curious as to which kid he believes is worth this much tho.
it's sort of strange that we're interested in Sydney's pick too. because we either rate the pick in the teens or we don't. it's a bit confusing. Also being interested in gws' early 2nd round pick. it's almost like Taylor really hates being in the pick 13-15 range.

I will enjoy learning about whoever the heck we end up drafting once they have some stage managed reveal of their first senior game where they are suprised by Goody driving a tractor mower around the area behind the kiosk on the scoreboard side at Casey while said man child is picking up rubbish as part of some sort of hazing practice. Until then, drafts are boring, and tiny baby footballers are boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back