List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not overly enthused by Jefferson but is a pick for needs. Let’s see if he can compete against bigger bodies next year.

Adams highlights have some similarities to Perry’s draft highlights, emphasis on his defensive intercept marking and a neat kick.

Hopefully hear from the club on the full extent of our pick trading attempts, but they may choose to keep that under wraps.

We have Howes, Laurie, JVR and Turner to treat like draftees and see if they can improve the 22 next year.

I don’t get the hype about Laurie. Has shown nothing at VFL level. Looks like a Spargo with worse connection or a short Melksham. Yet to trouble VFL level defenders or even look dangerous in the VFL.

I don’t get the hype about Laurie. Has shown nothing at VFL level. Looks like a Spargo with worse connection or a short Melksham. Yet to trouble VFL level defenders or even look dangerous in the VFL.
Why do you post with such certainty when you have so little idea?

Just the 30 and 3 against Geelong amongst other strong showings. The VFL is a strong league, you don't have to kick a bag every week to 'show something'.

Not sure there is hype around Laurie. Chandler is probably ahead of him for a small forward spot, officially elevated to the senior list today.

JT said the other day this was effectively Laurie’s first year. Had a shocking run injury in his first season.

Of course he would say that, his trying to buy him time. It’s not as if Laurie did an ACL or anything either.

His been on the list for 2 years and hasn’t looked close to cracking into the seniors and sits behind Spargo, Chandler and probably Moniz Wakefield in the pecking order.

If he isn’t close to getting a regular game by seasons end I think he would be getting close to delist material. Considering we need at least 4 picks in next years draft.

Smalls are meant to come on quicker as well, it’s not as if he is a Jefferson type who will need 5 years to develop and not be built enough to get a game until Petracca is over 30

Why do you post with such certainty when you have so little idea?

Just the 30 and 3 against Geelong amongst other strong showings. The VFL is a strong league, you don't have to kick a bag every week to 'show something'.
I agree with Micho on this one. Averaging 17 touches a game for a team that dominated every week isn't all that great. Stats aside, he is slow and looks terribly unfit and is carrying excess weight. He's also hasn't seemed to have put on muscle in 2 years. I'm sure he has but he still has no chest and lacks any definition in his arms. I also think he is a delist candidate at the end of next season.

Of course he would say that, his trying to buy him time. It’s not as if Laurie did an ACL or anything either.

His been on the list for 2 years and hasn’t looked close to cracking into the seniors and sits behind Spargo, Chandler and probably Moniz Wakefield in the pecking order.

If he isn’t close to getting a regular game by seasons end I think he would be getting close to delist material. Considering we need at least 4 picks in next years draft.

Smalls are meant to come on quicker as well, it’s not as if he is a Jefferson type who will need 5 years to develop and not be built enough to get a game until Petracca is over 30

His first year was ruined by injury, his second year we actually didn’t debut anyone who hadn’t played AFL before which was an obvious error by the coaches. He put up good vfl numbers for most of the year, if he still doesn’t crack the team next year then I’ll be concerned but now? Nah.

Edit - we did debut Turner but still were far too conservative in selection

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more impressed with Adam's highlights than Jefferson's but I guess you always pay a premium for athletic key forwards.

Would have liked it if they showed us a few one on ones defensively, some spoils. But yes, his intercept and contested marking looks very nice. Saw some vision of him as a forward on an extended highlight reel the club put out and he looked good there also, seems he can time a lead and is a decent set shot.

Sure is. Love an underdog story so maybe third time is the charm.

If he isn't any good by now at nearly 26 I cant see him suddenly becoming best 22. Josh was a far better player than Corey imo and even he wasn't great.

I agree with Micho on this one. Averaging 17 touches a game for a team that dominated every week isn't all that great. Stats aside, he is slow and looks terribly unfit and is carrying excess weight. He's also hasn't seemed to have put on muscle in 2 years. I'm sure he has but he still has no chest and lacks any definition in his arms. I also think he is a delist candidate at the end of next season.
That's fine, but its rubbish to say he's "shown nothing" or that he's behind AMW.

I think we knocked off some needs this year and next year we likely trade the second rounders for a pick like GC 22 and can really target some best available forward and midfield talent.

That's fine, but its rubbish to say he's "shown nothing" or that he's behind AMW.
each to their own. I am more excited about AMW personally also. I think for Laurie to get there he needs to improve his speed dramatically, his power dramatically, his strength dramatically and have a bit more mongrel in him in general. I'm not ruling him out, but I think this season is do or die for him personally.

I think we knocked off some needs this year and next year we likely trade the second rounders for a pick like GC 22 and can really target some best available forward and midfield talent.
Yeah agreed. We will need to match a bid for Kynan Brown who could go anywhere from 20-40. So we'll have to have some later picks in order to do so.

If he isn't any good by now at nearly 26 I cant see him suddenly becoming best 22. Josh was a far better player than Corey imo and even he wasn't great.
Had a terrific year playing down back for Port Melbourne in a Sinclair type of role. He looks a vastly different player than the one we would remember from this years highlights package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back