List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a few ales it's really hard to discern the pisstakers vs the morons.
Exactly, one of the many reasons, why I stopped drinking 12 and 3/4 years ago. Shortly around or after the Vancouver Winter Olympics in fact. I only had one more night where I had a little alcohol and that was at my 21st, in an Italian Restaurant, where I was given an aperitif and, not wanting to be a stiff, I drank it. Other than that, dry as a bone.

Last edited:
Ah yes... Actually I have no recollection of that event. Perhaps it is time for me as well.
One of the events on those games was when the Canadians won gold in the Ice Hockey and were able to lord over the USA ever since.

Pies probably saw how weak Lamb was in his negotiations with Freo that they've demanded more than pick 27. What should Lamb be doing? He should be telling the pies that pick 27 is off the table and tell Collingwood they can keep grundy. Let them freak and then except a future 2nd rounder from them to take Grundy's contract. If it falls through, we're better off without Grundy anyway who has 2 years left in the game max.
TBH there's a real possibility we keep Grundy and Henry. Which isn't a bad thing except that Mitchell and Fiorini cease to become options. In the meantime, who's your back up ruck? Brown is a forward who happens to ruck occassionally and Mcdonald is just a pinch-hitter. Genuine question BTW

TBH there's a real possibility we keep Grundy and Henry. Which isn't a bad thing except that Mitchell and Fiorini cease to become options. In the meantime, who's your back up ruck? Brown is a forward who happens to ruck occassionally and Mcdonald is just a pinch-hitter. Genuine question BTW

We keep Weiderman

it's a good point. We'd have to draft a back up ruckman. We don't really need anyone though. We're irrelevant in 2023 without a key forward so our 'win now' window should be closed until that happens. Having Mac Andrew now would've been good until the AFL changed the rules on us. I'm still salty about that.

Trading 33,43 and 53 for a 6 pick upgrade set the precedent. Those picks are worth pick 14 in points but we settled for 27.

Probably could’ve been done without including pick 53.

Then he arrogantly (and unnecessarily) comes out and declares we weren’t going to USE those picks anyway, only to then later trade Bedford for pick 44 (despite posturing that he wouldn’t) to USE in a trade to Freo.

Worst part is, he didn’t even check with Collingwood first as to if pick 27 would suffice for Grundy, before trading away essentially our whole 2022 draft hand, literally makes no sense.

Pick 53, we barely knew you. Bahahahahaha

I love the look of Gruzewski. I reckon he could be a late draft bolter. Could we even get him in the first round?

192cm, can take a pack mark, play both ends of the field and good user of the ball. Why wouldn’t we want him.

We never have picks in the 20s but I hope we keep one this year for him.

Also good team mate as demonstrated by him helping out the collapsing kid during the time trial.

Knowing us we l draft another under sized plodder who uses the ball well in the Spargo, Laurie, Bowey mould.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

192cm, can take a pack mark, play both ends of the field and good user of the ball. Why wouldn’t we want him.

We never have picks in the 20s but I hope we keep one this year for him.

Also good team mate as demonstrated by him helping out the collapsing kid during the time trial.

Knowing us we l draft another under sized plodder who uses the ball well in the Spargo, Laurie, Bowey mould.
Yeah Laurie isn't going to make the grade. Somehow he seems to have got slower since drafted.

Doesn’t exactly answer the question of why an adult person would boo at him though
That's such a ridiculous thing to say, why does an adult come on a forum and melt when 22 men don't kick a ball better than 22 other men.

The whole he's a premiership player can **** off aswell, just cause he was luckier than Neville Jetta in the timing of his Melbourne games doesn't make him more Melbourne, he's a doofy looking vacuum ****ing Freo scum for the rest of his life

Last edited:
Even teams like GwS, Essendon and Port are out courting players from opposition.
Yes, the constantly active teams like Stkilda, Port and Essendon are the envy of every club in the AFL. Damn why aren't we more like them

I can't believe theres actually idiots who think we would have got a top 10 pick for Jackson. FREO DIDN'T HAVE ONE. Why the **** would they trade up for someone that we have no leverage on lol to actually think we could have got a better deal than we did makes you one hell of a dropkick

That's such a ridiculous thing to say, why does an adult come on a forum and melt when 22 men don't kick a ball better than 22 other men.

The whole he's a premiership player can * off aswell, just cause he was luckier than Neville Jetta in the timing of his Melbourne games doesn't make him more Melbourne, he's a doofy looking vacuum ******* Freo scum for the rest of his life

100% ... dont get the point of simping for a guy who left after 3 years. Fans should absolutely boo him at games if they want.

I can't believe theres actually idiots who think we would have got a top 10 pick for Jackson. FREO DIDN'T HAVE ONE. Why the * would they trade up for someone that we have no leverage on lol to actually think we could have got a better deal than we did makes you one hell of a dropkick

Hate to say it, but you could use the same logic with us about Grundy, why did we move up for Collingwood?

we're better off without Grundy anyway who has 2 years left in the game max.

Wow, something else you noticed Dr.Danster to drop him from 3 years max a couple of weeks ago to 2 years max now?

Hate to say it, but you could use the same logic with us about Grundy, why did we move up for Collingwood?
Could be a salary argument maybe, Collingwood have a little more leverage because they can keep him at worst. We had nothing with Doofy.

Could be a salary argument maybe, Collingwood have a little more leverage because they can keep him at worst. We had nothing with Doofy.

I really dont care, as long its just 27 im fine with it. Just playing devil's avocado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back