List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great call on Blease. His highlights video before being drafted had me frothing.

Strauss and Tapscott were two others I thought would become good players from that era.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I thought Strauss was meh from the get go to be honest. His draft highlights certainly showed he could hit a target but other then that I didn't see any other outstanding traits.

Tapscott I definitely got sucked in.. thought he was easily going to be 200 gamer after his first year in 2011.

I thought Strauss was meh from the get go to be honest. His draft highlights certainly showed he could hit a target but other then that I didn't see any other outstanding traits.

Tapscott I definitely got sucked in.. thought he was easily going to be 200 gamer after his first year in 2011.
I'm not even sure why Tapscott didn't make it.

Great call on Blease. His highlights video before being drafted had me frothing.

Strauss and Tapscott were two others I thought would become good players from that era.

That game against WA.... :fire:

Tapscott to my memory was pretty much Strauss with muscles. I never remember being overly impressed by anything he did except his kicking. I did froth a little along with everyone else at his first couple of training photo's though... the guy was a tank!

Tapscott had some great moments and games early in his career

Laid some huge bumps/tackles on senior players.

He already struggled athletically, but I think he picked up a hip injury when he landed on a sprinkler head(?) and he was pretty much cooked from then on.

Yep, always thought Strauss was a shocking pick, never saw it with him. I was a Blease sucker tho, his ceiling was pretty high, unfortunately his floor was even lower and he played to that far more often.

Tapscott had some great moments and games early in his career

Laid some huge bumps/tackles on senior players.

He already struggled athletically, but I think he picked up a hip injury when he landed on a sprinkler head(?) and he was pretty much cooked from then on.

I wanted to jog my memory, so looked on YouTube for Tapscott highlights. Apart from one goal (a cracker against Adelaide) they were either of him bumping people or having Tim Lane describe his as "quite a cut of a young man" where it sort of sounded like he said something else. He was constantly injured and playing a good portion of his career under Neeld wouldn't have helped, but when he did put games together he was nothing more than average.

I wanted to jog my memory, so looked on YouTube for Tapscott highlights. Apart from one goal (a cracker against Adelaide) they were either of him bumping people or having Tim Lane describe his as "quite a cut of a young man" where it sort of sounded like he said something else. He was constantly injured and playing a good portion of his career under Neeld wouldn't have helped, but when he did put games together he was nothing more than average.
Funnily enough I feel the same about J Smith. Constantly teases with a nice game or two, then gets himself injured. When, or if he gets his body right I feel will be just a fairly average player. Needs a big 2023, otherwise the club will happily trade him like they did with Kent

He was a half back flanker in the early days of YouTube what highlights package is he supposed to have? He was never gonna be a superstar but could have had a Campbell Brown, Josh Hunt career easy

Melbourne's list of if only's...are a bit sad

Sean Charles
Glenn Lovett
Stephen Tingay
Prymke

That's just off the top of my head, and yes, showing my age 😭

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I had a soft spot for Colin Sylvia.. I'm not sure because he was just a typical country lad like myself but yes he didn't live up to expectations, but he was a ripper when it came to dealing with him face to face and was the only Melbourne player who would put his hand up to volunteer his time for charity events like royal children hospital visits etc.

Loved a beer, a punt and would frequent most weekends at the strippers. What a lad.

Geez I had a soft spot for Colin Sylvia.. I'm not sure because he was just a typical country lad like myself but yes he didn't live up to expectations, but he was a ripper when it came to dealing with him face to face and was the only Melbourne player who would put his hand up to volunteer his time for charity events like royal children hospital visits etc.

Loved a beer, a punt and would frequent most weekends at the strippers. What a lad.
he also loved stalking his ex girlfriend and using stolen credit cards.

Pretty sure Sylvia got 3 brownlow votes in a queens birthday match when we lost by 88 points. Can't help thinking if he was in a much better environment he would have been a star.

It was 2 votes in 09 (jack watts debut) we lost by 11 goals.

What do you expect from a keyboard warrior. You'd need friends to learn proper social behaviours I spose
When someone says 'what a lad' to a guy that did the things he did, I'm not going to support that or pretend that it didn't happen. In terms of football, he was one of my favourites. but it was always unfulfilled potential and hype. Admittedly through a tough time at the mfc.

Yep, always thought Strauss was a shocking pick, never saw it with him. I was a Blease sucker tho, his ceiling was pretty high, unfortunately his floor was even lower and he played to that far more often.
I liked both Blease and Zarharakis for the wing spot, preferring Blease straight line speed at the time. But the game was moving to flooding and press footy clogging the spaces.
That didn't suit Blease, and made Zarharakis the better choice of that time.

Could TheOx be classified as a 'If Only'? He and Neitz were on Fire in 94. Yep, still won a b&f and contributed but didn't get remotely close to his potential unfortunately. Not saying he would have been as good as Carey, but he would have been as good as Carey had his knees not let him down.

Could TheOx be classified as a 'If Only'? He and Neitz were on Fire in 94. Yep, still won a b&f and contributed but didn't get remotely close to his potential unfortunately. Not saying he would have been as good as Carey, but he would have been as good as Carey had his knees not let him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back