Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

20 games is a big expectation for him given injury history and middling pre-season form. I'd be happy to see him best 22 regular after the bye.
If you'd be happy to see him best 22 regular after the bye, don't understand why you wouldn't be even happier seeing him play 20 games and kicking 40+

agree if they’re locked in on form, as opposed to us being disappointing and deciding fu** it let’s play em.

i’m also tripling down on Sturt as well, if he can play 20 games then I reckon he might start to give Tabs some competition for kicking the most goals
Sturt will likely start a Peel to build form and confidence after his horror run. Then he will force his way into the A team, but 20 games over both Peel and Fremantle would be ideal.

Sturt will likely start a Peel to build form and confidence after his horror run. Then he will force his way into the A team, but 20 games over both Peel and Fremantle would be ideal.
Peel could have Sturt, Amiss, Benning and Treacy in their forward line for round 1.

Peel could have Sturt, Amiss, Benning and Treacy in their forward line for round 1.
It looks as though there are going to be a few unlucky players this year as competition for spots
will be hard.
IMO our list has never been as long.
Its an impressive base, we need to be wary of letting players come out of contract.

Longmuir was saying the other day his preference was for a 3 KPF model at this stage, so it'd seem most likely that'd include Treacy. It might all depend how they utilise the ruck situation, but it's unlikely they play Lobb, Darcy and Meek all in the one side without compromising the overall mobility of the team too much (should Treacy be fit and firing).

Not sure the best place to put this (Trigger warning: comments section contains hostility towards Freo):

The Freo instalment of The Roar's 2022 season preview.

Longmuir was saying the other day his preference was for a 3 KPF model at this stage, so it'd seem most likely that'd include Treacy. It might all depend how they utilise the ruck situation, but it's unlikely they play Lobb, Darcy and Meek all in the one side without compromising the overall mobility of the team too much (should Treacy be fit and firing).
No chance. One or the other of Meek/Lobb play.

Not sure the best place to put this (Trigger warning: comments section contains hostility towards Freo):

I always find it amusing when people who consider something terrible or irrelevant, take so much time out of their day to comment on things relating to it.
Get so angry over something they claim is worthless or not worth discussing.

I believe he ranked in the top three at the club for goal/score assists, and way out the front in goal/score assists per disposal.

Of all the players we need to get the ball more, he is right on top of the list.

his ball use going forward was better than Cerra to eye…he just needs it 20 times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always find it amusing when people who consider something terrible or irrelevant, take so much time out of their day to comment on things relating to it.
Get so angry over something they claim is worthless or not worth discussing.
Yeah, it's weird. Part of it in this case is history. There's one reader who has managed to irk a lot of others simply by being really enthusiastic about Freo. People get really upset because he's not being "objective" or "realistic" or whatever, and so they pile on his comments and start trashing Freo generally.

Yeah, it's weird. Part of it in this case is history. There's one reader who has managed to irk a lot of others simply by being really enthusiastic about Freo. People get really upset because he's not being "objective" or "realistic" or whatever, and so they pile on his comments and start trashing Freo generally.
Why do the feel so insecure?
Just goes back to what we teach our kids about bullies. (And hope they recognise it they ever start to bully)

People bully because they are either insecure in themselves, or jealous of something you have or display.
Or, it’s the only frame of reference they have for life, being bullied at home themselves and transferring that.

The eldest kid took this on board, and every time someone tried to pick on him, would open his arms for a hug, asking if they were ok and needed anything.

Oof, I actually liked the article for the most part, but that comments section just screams "haven't watched Freo play in years". That includes the author of the original article too.

I expect Longmuir wants him in, but he's missed a bit of training. And he has other options in Cox or perhaps Chapman or Fyfe.

thing is, he’s a midfielder… had amazing highlights as a midfielder doing all the things you’d want a midfielder to do…
then we played him as a half forward
Has to be at least part of the answer to our mid-fwd connection woes.

Fair call. As insiders, we examine injuries and to whom in depth and look at the potential of the youngsters with hope for the future seasons, but from the outside, it's no different to how I consider a team like GC. They too have a talented young side and injuries to a lot of key players, but at the end of the day, they finish low on the ladder year after year and I consider them failures too. btw, I don't bother reading comments on such blogs.

Well its The Roar so the bin is the best place for it.

Honestly the comments section on many The Roar posts make a fundamentalist anti-vaxxer FB group look like a Mensa convention

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back