Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

What I loved hearing from that was Crowden going into the middle. From the first time I saw his draft vid I thought he'd be great in the middle. I hope he gets a solid run through there.
Yep agreed,he is to short for the forward line but recon he would do alright in the guts,great tackler and beautiful kick-if he could get the pill 20plus times he would be damageing

Went down and had a quick look at training today in pretty warm conditions. Lots of match sim work with big numbers on the track and impressive skills display by a number of players.

Aish, Big Kahuna, Walker, Fyfe , Mundy, Amiss and Sturt all participating in all exercises and match sim. Worner also making an appearance and didn’t look out of place, couple of solid tackles and one 40 metre pass to lobb through traffic was insane. Anyways looks an athlete and can football-quick and deceptively tall -a lot to like.other random thoughts on players.

Fyfe-great to see him out there although a little rusty with some ordinary kicking but will obviously improve.

Mundy -resumed training seamlessly-linked up nicely with Liam Henry a couple of times and looks set to play a prominent role again this year. Serong looks like he will go to another level this year -was in everything, very vocal and some tidy disposals. Brayshaw always gives a 110%, has improved disposal by the looks and tackles with intent.

The backline is going to be impossible to pick with a number of standouts-Clarke is in everything and his kicking will be a weapon, TTHD award for me. Close second would have to be Chapman-man this guy is gonna be a jet. Makes great decisions, reads the play well, great mark and even better kick-was slotting goals from outside fifty with ease. Liam Henry looks to have filled out big time and has a touch of magic-hopefully cements a spot this year. Tracey-great to see the big fella out there ,was moving well, couple of nice grabs in the match sim and strong tackling on display. Aish looked to be fully recovered and got involved. Frederick looks really fit and will have a good year I reckon. Walker trained really well with a number of beautiful lace out passes and speed to burn. Logie was solid and hard to see him not in the 22. Going to have a lot better depth this year with guys like Crowden, Hughes, Acres, Banfield,
Weston, Meek waiting in the wings.

I have never seen Alex Pearce in better nick and he will make a huge difference if he can stay on the park-a real general down back. Erasmus continues to impress with his competiveness, ball use and dedication (along with Fyfe) the last off the track. Shultz in and out of training but mostly in!!looks fine.

Overall almost whole squad doing majority of drills. Rehab was sonny doing heaps of work, pretty sure been very conservative with him ,running at pace kicking over distance -no drama. Benning pumping out laps and no sign of Tucker.
Friend, I have tidied up the formatting a bit, hope you dont mind. Thanks for the epic report

Friend, I have tidied up the formatting a bit, hope you dont mind. Thanks for the epic report
No offence taken,was trying to do a quick write up before hitting the sack.Probably too positive for some on here and maybe added a bit of mayo!! But hard to not be a little a little excited for the upcoming season

No offence taken,was trying to do a quick write up qbefore hitting the sack.Probably too positive for some on here and maybe added a bit of mayo!! But hard to not be a little a little excited for the upcoming season
I think the talent identification since Lloyd left has gone to a New level. That and adding so much home talent.
Everyone will have a player that will become elite, star, but which one to follow?
All the dynasty clubs have had good recruiting, smart trading.

I think the talent identification since Lloyd left has gone to a New level. That and adding so much home talent.
Everyone will have a player that will become elite, star, but which one to follow?
The list of players still to push through and become best 22 regulars is what excites me. They are the ones I most like reading about in the training reports;

Erasmus, Chapman, O'Driscoll, Treacy, Walker, Sturt, Amiss, Henry, Johnson, Frederick, Walker.

There are others too. I expect half of those to be locked in by the end of the year.

After every training report, I have to take a big breath...It's really hard not to be excited for this season.

Breathe Deep Breath GIF by CSDRMS

Don’t mess or tidy up his report,

It is a Bonafide work of art! A description from the heart of what he saw….. shitte if we grammar checked the stuff in here it wouldn’t be half as good or funny as it is… ffs
Not sure if you saw it before, but it was difficult to read due to formatting. I havent changed grammar

What I loved hearing from that was Crowden going into the middle. From the first time I saw his draft vid I thought he'd be great in the middle. I hope he gets a solid run through there.

i want Mitch in the team round one…I want the ball in his hands anywhere Forward of centre

I think the talent identification since Lloyd left has gone to a New level.

If we can have multiple top ten picks on the regular without needing to finish outside the finals we will continue to look at the drafting as better than before when we were making a selection at #17 after ten players were already taken prior to the draft.

In reverse order:
Erasmus - #10
Amiss - #8
Chapman - #14 (Chapman, O'Driscoll, Walker, Western, Treacy remain) - 2020 draft
Henry - #9 (Young, Serong, Henry, Frederick remain) - 2019 draft
Serong - #8 (Young, Serong, Henry, Frederick remain) - 2019 draft
Young - #7 (Young, Serong, Henry, Frederick remain) - 2019 draft
Sturt - #17 (Sturt, Schultz remain) 2018 draft
Cerra - #5 (Brayshaw, Crowden, Meek, Switkowski, Banfield remain) - 2017 draft
Brayshaw - #2 (Brayshaw, Crowden, Meek, Switkowski, Banfield remain) - 2017 draft
Logue - #8 (Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan remain) - 2016 draft
Tucker - #27 (Tucker remains) - 2015 draft
Weller - #13 (Blakely, Hughes remain) - 2014 draft
Apeness - #17 (Pearce remains) - 2013 draft
Simpson - #17 (Taberner remains) - 2012 draft
Sheridan - #16 (none remain) - 2011 draft
Crozier - #20 (none remain) - 2011 draft
Pitt - #20 (none remain) - 2010 draft
Morabito - #4 (Fyfe remains) - 2009 draft
Hill - #3 (Walters remains) - 2008 draft

We will probably also see some recency bias.

i want Mitch in the team round one…I want the ball in his hands anywhere Forward of centre

I believe he ranked in the top three at the club for goal/score assists, and way out the front in goal/score assists per disposal.

Of all the players we need to get the ball more, he is right on top of the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list of players still to push through and become best 22 regulars is what excites me. They are the ones I most like reading about in the training reports;

Erasmus, Chapman, O'Driscoll, Treacy, Walker, Sturt, Amiss, Henry, Johnson, Frederick, Walker.

There are others too. I expect half of those to be locked in by the end of the year.
So good you named him twice. 😁

I think Chapman, Treacy, Henry and Frederick are probably already best 22.

I too get excited by this bunch.

What I find incredible is there's quite a few of them that I'm still unsure what their best position is.

Our list has a serious amount of positional flexibility in it.

You could probably argue our season will be defined by how many of them join AB, Serong and Darcy as locked in best 22 players

If 9 or 10 out of those 11 are playing each week by the end of the year then we are really going places

You could probably argue our season will be defined by how many of them join AB, Serong and Darcy as locked in best 22 players

If 9 or 10 out of those 11 are playing each week by the end of the year then we are really going places
To really go places you need a best 25 or 26 I reckon, where there's little difference between the bottom 10 or 12 players in that group. Having the last 1, 2 or 3 positions across every line (back, mid, forward, foll) as truly interchangeable is not just depth advantage, but also strategic flexibility and sustainability across a season.

agree if they’re locked in on form, as opposed to us being disappointing and deciding **** it let’s play em.

i’m also tripling down on Sturt as well, if he can play 20 games then I reckon he might start to give Tabs some competition for kicking the most goals

agree if they’re locked in on form, as opposed to us being disappointing and deciding fu** it let’s play em.

i’m also tripling down on Sturt as well, if he can play 20 games then I reckon he might start to give Tabs some competition for kicking the most goals
20 games is a big expectation for him given injury history and middling pre-season form. I'd be happy to see him best 22 regular after the bye.

agree if they’re locked in on form, as opposed to us being disappointing and deciding fu** it let’s play em.

I like your positivity, but if Sturt plays 20 games this season, I'll start using Darling's quack as my family GP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back