Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, yes if he isn't fit he probs won't be in the side. However if he's fit he's 100% playing for freo not peel.
Same goes for Logue, people saying he wont get a game have got rocks in heads.
So far Treacy is lagging on fitness while Chapman and Cox are firing (Hamling seemed to have a terrific game in the match sim too).

So far Treacy is lagging on fitness while Chapman and Cox are firing (Hamling seemed to have a terrific game in the match sim too).

I more read it as he’s been de-loaded after going a bit hard over Xmas break? Anyway I stand by my comment if he’s fit he plays.

This hat.

953367702e47d67ce204dd90f87e5271.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I more read it as he’s been de-loaded after going a bit hard over Xmas break? Anyway I stand by my comment if he’s fit he plays.

This hat.

953367702e47d67ce204dd90f87e5271.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
lol yummy.

I stand by my comment that all of Treacy, Sturt, Amiss and Benning could line up at Peel for round 1.

Not sure the best place to put this (Trigger warning: comments section contains hostility towards Freo):

The Freo instalment of The Roar's 2022 season preview.
I don't necessarily disagree with the overall message, but I think there's a nastiness in the way it's written.

Compare it to the write up for Carlton, who were more disappointing last year, and have been a lot more disappointing this century. There's none of the snide remarks like "A club cloaked in failure", "their players have been well-accustomed to holidays in September.", "they were somehow sitting in seventh after Round 17", etc.

Jordan Clark was 'picked around the fringe, an offcut from another club, but Lewis Young was 'a canny piece of list management'.

Best case scenario for Carlton is top 4, for Freo it's maybe finals bound.

I don't necessarily disagree with the overall message, but I think there's a nastiness in the way it's written.

Compare it to the write up for Carlton, who were more disappointing last year, and have been a lot more disappointing this century. There's none of the snide remarks like "A club cloaked in failure", "their players have been well-accustomed to holidays in September.", "they were somehow sitting in seventh after Round 17", etc.

Jordan Clark was 'picked around the fringe, an offcut from another club, but Lewis Young was 'a canny piece of list management'.

This is absolutely it. It's hard to argue that we're a successful club when we're not. However, there is a sense that the author relishes the prospect of us languishing without a flag for the remainder of our existence.

It would be like if I did a write-up about Carlton for The Roar, claiming to be non-biased when in reality I enjoy them losing almost as much as I enjoy us winning.

Edit - a bit of trawling through the Carlton preview shows that "Macca", one of the big detractors in the comment section of our article, is the Roar's number 1 Carlton supporter. Massive lol.

Last edited:

You seem to forget that eastern media scramble to choke on Carlton and Essendon dick despite their mediocrity

He has not taken any of the new recruits into account as being in his best 22. Not done much study or research.
A long way away is Melbourne.
Complaining about injuries!!!! Maybe the supporters , but never heard much from the club itself other than to state the obvious.
states we have 30 players at AFL level, yet has not looked at the young players.
I don't mind journos having an opinion on our club, but do some REAL research to start with.
It is an article that could very well have been written by any of the local West Aussies that write about the Dockers.
Could almost have been written by TFOTH.

But in fairness, we really do need to improve. Our on filed performances need to improve vastly.
As a club, and culture wise, I believe we have come along in leaps and bounds since Bell became football manager.
Longmuir also seems to have added pride to wearing the guernsey .
The players are all keen to step up to the next level and perform and become part of a tight knit group of players.
I am always excited about how we will progress every season. But this season, I feel that we are headed in the right direction.
I am sure that with our recruiting this year, there will be a number of players from previous seasons who will be treading on red hot coals, worrying about their position in the team.
I would love to be a fly on the wall come first night of selection.

I think Benning will start in the 2’s.

On Crowden, the time has come for him to believe he belongs, what he does is very good, he just doesn’t do enough of it.

His last year of his contract so he hopefully shows he belongs !

20 games is a big expectation for him given injury history and middling pre-season form. I'd be happy to see him best 22 regular after the bye.
I like your positivity, but if Sturt plays 20 games this season, I'll start using Darling's quack as my family GP.

you make good rational points, but I’m standing by my irrational hype

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a bit of trawling through the Carlton preview shows that "Macca", one of the big detractors in the comment section of our article, is the Roar's number 1 Carlton supporter.
Was pretty much the reason I stopped getting engaged in the discussion there. Intolerable.

Is Benning actually training. I have been a couple of times and only seen him walk the boundary to get to the rehab group.
That’s the exact reason why he’ll play 2’s. I don’t think we can expect too much from him this season, just development & hopefully next year he comes on.
If Lobb goes as most expect, he could get some games & that should be his target.

Hey guys. Hayden Young. I know the family. Good people. All mad Magpies fans. But, There will be no homesick back to Victoria. Haydos loves it at Freo.

That’s the exact reason why he’ll play 2’s. I don’t think we can expect too much from him this season, just development & hopefully next year he comes on.
If Lobb goes as most expect, he could get some games & that should be his target.
I don’t know about that? Benning has that athletic ability, tackles extremely hard.
Sure he is raw, but has attributes that make Jackson a freak.
A debut this year, a game of AFL would be great for his development.
A genuine all down the spine player. Treacy proved that it is possible and injury may create an opportunity for him.

Benning won't play a single game for Freo in the firsts this year. Has he actually trained with the main group once? I swear all I hear is that he is runnings laps :(

Not sure the best place to put this (Trigger warning: comments section contains hostility towards Freo):

The Freo instalment of The Roar's 2022 season preview.
Bring it on. I love the underdog role. I got halfway through the article and could tell this guy was just another punter with a pen. The "us against the world" message has been used as a motivator in sports forever. JL needs to put this in his arsenal and get the boys up and about. Anywhere, Anytime, All the time.

Benning won't play a single game for Freo in the firsts this year. Has he actually trained with the main group once? I swear all I hear is that he is runnings laps :(
Less than this, I have barely seen him even jog a lap. Was always going to be a massive step up for him though.

If I heard the radio right it sounded like there was an intraclub match on Friday?

Any details on that like timing/location/duration?
Can't see anything on their website/facebook.

If I heard the radio right it sounded like there was an intraclub match on Friday?

Love to hear more, I had assumed it would be on Saturday but as the scratch match v WC is the next Friday that makes sense.

They are training tomorrow so I don't think they will train again on Friday.

Didn’t Treacy come into last preseason off basically no footy due to the Vic lockdowns? He should be miles ahead of that now after a full year in the system, even if he is a little underdone.

Also clubs seems to be very cautions with Amiss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back