Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Which tall forwards actually played?unless Cox played forward, I’d assume one team had Lobb and the other had Tabs? Both with a bunch of short people running around them. Sturt and Banfield are not KPF’s.
Yeah that's far from ideal if that is what happened. Lobb and Taberner have never looked comfortable as a pair.

The reports of Treacy and Amiss building synergy are exciting.

Erasmus played in the midfield, on the ball and didn’t look out of place. The pill just followed him around, and he was clean by hand and foot. Makes good decisions.

Would think he will debut early.

Reminds me of Brayshaw, but with a better kick. I think he will be a great pick up.

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair, our defence is our strength, but it’d also be easier to defend when you know the game plan inside out that the opposition are coming at you with.

Let’s wait to see how our best 22 go.
Well I can tell you the oppos gameplan. Wait for freo to butcher a forward entry or kick a point.

Fredrick looked lively, by reports?
Lobb had to play for one team whilst Tabs for the other. Shame because they really need to develop synergy in pre season after hardly playing together.
Sturt did okay?
In other match sims this year tabs and lobb have been on the same team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look's like Noddy is ahead of Henry on the wing so far?
Wut... Henry literally described as having moments of brilliance in the match report.

It's more like both will be in the team the way they're going.

Anyway, Colyer is gonna be hard not to pick watching the match highlights, very impressive work rate.

Is no news good news for Tucker? Match report makes no mention of him.

Excitement+ for this team going into 2022.

Intrigued to know how O’Driscoll is going. I know the reports are positive and that chase down on Wilson was impressive, but I want moaaaarrrr!

Wut... Henry literally described as having moments of brilliance in the match report.

It's more like both will be in the team the way they're going.

Anyway, Colyer is gonna be hard not to pick watching the match highlights, very impressive work rate.

Is no news good news for Tucker? Match report makes no mention of him.

Excitement+ for this team going into 2022.

Colyer was genuinely pretty good last season - not just for him.

If people think we’re just going to move past him this season they may need to think again. Sure he’s 30+ now but on 2021 form I’m not sure him being best 22 is necessarily a bad thing.

Crowden, Hughes and Wilson the other ones I’m not sure will disappear from best 22 calculations (ie best 25 most weeks) as easily as people on here think.

Highlights looked pretty good.
mitch rag-dolling Caleb with the don’t argue a highlight
To be fair Caleb followed up with a heap of nice moments to redeem himself - the underground handball, the parting of the seas dab and the HTB on Darcy.

Erasmus looks so well developed for a first year player. Seems like a real chance for R1. But there are a fair few to come back and a fair few to leave out for him.

Meek burst out of the ruck and then dishing off the attacking handball highlights, me likey

Fremantle Dockers match simulation: David Mundy gets through first hit-out unscathed, Heath Chapman shines​

Headshot of Mark Duffield

Mark DuffieldThe West Australian
Sat, 12 February 2022 12:37PM
Comments
Mark Duffield

[PLAYERCARD]David Mundy[/PLAYERCARD].

David Mundy. Credit: Tom Fee/FFC

Fremantle’s games record holder David Mundy looks set to add a 355th match to his tally in round one after getting through his first serious match practice of the summer at Cockburn on Saturday morning.
Mundy played two quarters of a full four-quarter match simulation, spearheading his team’s midfield up until half time. He then did a light warm down and appeared to have suffered no ill effects from the hit out.
In a further boost for the Dockers, defender Joel Hamling also appeared to get through the game unscathed.
Mundy’s pre-season had been disrupted by an ankle injury suffered at Christmas time, but the 36-year-old had made steady progress in the rehab group and last week had declared he expected to play intra-club and practice matches ahead of round one.
[PLAYERCARD]Darcy Tucker[/PLAYERCARD].

Darcy Tucker. Credit: Tom Fee/FFC
He now appears well placed to play at least some of Fremantle’s February 25 practice match against cross-town rival West Coast.
As was the case in last week’s match simulation at Cockburn, the Dockers opted for two evenly-matched teams who played out a fierce contest over the four quarters which were interrupted at the halfway point of each term with a time-out.
While Mundy was solid rather than dominant in the midfield for the ‘white’ team, his group jumped out to an early three-goal lead built off the back of the strong midfield work of ruckman Sean Darcy and fellow left footer Darcy Tucker, with a the highlight a brilliant left-footed snapped goal in the second term by speedster Michael Frederick.
But strong contested marks and goals to ‘purple’ team key forwards Rory Lobb and Matt Taberner brought their team back into the game in the second quarter and the match became a close, hard-fought scrap from that point on.

While the Dockers have an embarrassment of riches in defence, second-year backman Heath Chapman’s outstanding game on half-back looks to have him in a good position to play against the Eagles.

Heath Chapman.

Heath Chapman. Credit: Tom Fee/FFC
Chapman read the play beautifully, intercepted well and used the ball with great aggression and purpose.
‘White’ team defender Griffin Logue recovered from a couple of sloppy disposals early in the game to win some critical one-on-ones later on, while Luke Ryan had the measure of Sam Sturt for three quarters before clever play from Sturt in the final term earned him one goal and a hand in another.
Michael Walters did not play after spending the back half of the week away from the main group, while skipper Nat Fyfe did reflex and range of movement work on his reconstructed shoulder and offered advice to players like Sturt at the breaks. Lachie Schultz did running work on the boundary and was another to miss the hit-out.

You have to feel sorry for Sturt, trying to get back into form while playing on AA Luke would be frustrating, sounds like he managed to get into his groove in the last qtr though.
“while Luke Ryan had the measure of Sam Sturt for three quarters before clever play from Sturt in the final term earned him one goal and a hand in another.”

Edit: that article also said Lobb and Tabs both lined up for team purple, have no idea who the team white forwards were, but it must have been a short lineup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back