Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Chapman greatest strengths are his intercept making, his ability to read the play up the field & composure with ball in hand. Half back is perfect for him with his strengths wasted elsewhere.
But what he has going for him, which the likes of a MJ never had who plays similarly to what you describe, is he's a great endurance runner and has some speed to boot. I think winger, running between the arcs all day and providing another outlet out of defence with his marking, looks perfect for him

First goal is Serong kicking it straight to the opposition, do the same rules apply?
Lol Acres isn’t fit to lace Serings boots!!
Literally every club in the league would hand over a top 3 pick tomorrow morning if they could, to get Caleb Serong onto their list while Acres would almost certainly be playing for a WAFL club this season if he wasn’t contracted for 3 years when he came across.
Might be harsh but it’s true.

Chapman greatest strengths are his intercept making, his ability to read the play up the field & composure with ball in hand. Half back is perfect for him with his strengths wasted elsewhere.
Agree with that, just not sure how to fit him in.

Also not sure how the Acre-haters will rationalise that aggressive smother, strong-arm-dance-around when Acres and Chapman were directly opposed. Nice piece of work, and in my top 3 from the highlights video.

This would have to be one of the most talented squads we've ever assembled?
Definitely more capable one on one, in the past we have relied on individual efforts.
Yet besides Freo supporters no one has us making the 8.
I think with the pace, skills we should be a threat, we have also added some size with Brodie, Erasmus, Worner.
Only negative was Cerra, but that just creates opportunity for someone else.
If our spine stands up, I think we may surprise a few doubters.

Definitely more capable one on one, in the past we have relied on individual efforts.
I think with the pace, skills we should be a threat, we have also added some size with Brodie, Erasmus, Worner.
Will be interesting to see if grabbing Clark and losing Cerra is actually a loss or not. It probably includes the addition of one of our top 3 picks in the equation too.

One of the areas we can improve us tackling, and I like what we are seeing from Erasmus, Western and O'Driscoll.

Agree with that, just not sure how to fit him in.

Also not sure how the Acre-haters will rationalise that aggressive smother, strong-arm-dance-around when Acres and Chapman were directly opposed. Nice piece of work, and in my top 3 from the highlights video.
The problem is they cut the footage there because his kick was probably a direct turnover to rebound 50 haha.

Acres was one of the better stronger runners down the wing a number of times during the match sim, but did do a number of Acres things by giving the ball back, when under no real pressure.

Including the strong-arm-dance around Chapman followed immediately by the cross kick to the top of the arc which went straight to opposition who took off down the middle of the ground…

Whoops that cross kick wasn’t in the highlights, it was cut out.. oh well.

The highlights are just that…. Low lights weren’t included.

How many players are going to play at half back?
Probably the deepest position on the list with several talented options so I don’t think we can afford guys the luxury of guys just playing there to build some confidence or because it’s their favourite position.
What happens if Clark plays the first 2-3 games there, is underwhelming yet we have people like Walker and Wilson down at Peel being standouts?
Seems like Chapman is really putting his hand up as a half back option too. Then there’s Hayden Young.
I think there is room for one HBF with run in the 22, that is probably Clark now but Walker and Wilson are waiting to pounce on any lack of form from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the deepest position on the list with several talented options so I don’t think we can afford guys the luxury of guys just playing there to build some confidence or because it’s their favourite position.
What happens if Clark plays the first 2-3 games there, is underwhelming yet we have people like Walker and Wilson down at Peel being standouts?
Seems like Chapman is really putting his hand up as a half back option too. Then there’s Hayden Young.
I think there is room for one HBF with run in the 22, that is probably Clark now but Walker and Wilson are waiting to pounce on any lack of form from him.
Brayshaw played on the wing, McDonald up forward. Dees just played them where required, if best 22.
Having quality on the interchange bench, some players need to play dual roles.
I think the end is closer for Wilson, a change of club maybe good for both parties?

But what he has going for him, which the likes of a MJ never had who plays similarly to what you describe, is he's a great endurance runner and has some speed to boot. I think winger, running between the arcs all day and providing another outlet out of defence with his marking, looks perfect for him
I like this, everyone raves about Nic Cox (Essendon) but Chapman can do the same things and better.

I like this, everyone raves about Nic Cox (Essendon) but Chapman can do the same things and better.
We are spoiled, definitely need a tall winger, but we haven’t even seen what Worner
Can do yet?
Here’s hoping we can develop a gameplan that leaves the opposition eating dust.
Freo new logo Speed Kills.

It's a really good question about personnel management and player development. Something I look forward to seeing how we go with it.

For the me there's no questioning that the likes of Logue, Chapman and Young were worth their draft value. And you can add to that the trade capital used on Hamling, Wilson, Aish and Clark. The totality is a huge investment in the defensive part of the ground.

Given that it should result in a stockpile of some of the best of our talent you really want to see them all getting games. But if Pearce, Ryan and Cox are locked into the best 22 (and Aish the only one from that list being used elsewhere), 2022 may be a time for experiementation.

Down the track a bit sure. He's in his second season and as BBD stated, his strengths are in defence so let him find his place in the game at the top level there before reinventing his playing style.

Yep, but the big question mark is the forward line. We'll generate enough inside 50 to finish in the 8 I reckon.

Yeah definitely but I think they want to start him at HBF (which is his preferred position) to build some confidence. He’s had a pretty interrupted few seasons so would be good to get some continuity first.
Pretty good three to pick from I think. My preference would be Chapman on a wing because of his pace, height and skills. Would be happy with the other two as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back