Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not even saying this as a bad thing, but based on recent training photos.....Fyfe has to be on the gear right??? The transformation his body has gone through in such a short amount of time right after shoulder surgery cannot be done naturally.

I don't criticise it though, I wish sports would normalise steroid use more often as long as it's done safely. Nothing wrong with speeding up the muscle building process. Plus it can be fantastic for recovery.
Wtf dude 😂

I'm not even saying this as a bad thing, but based on recent training photos.....Fyfe has to be on the gear right??? The transformation his body has gone through in such a short amount of time right after shoulder surgery cannot be done naturally.

I don't criticise it though, I wish sports would normalise steroid use more often as long as it's done safely. Nothing wrong with speeding up the muscle building process. Plus it can be fantastic for recovery.

High loads of specific protein powder over short periods can have this affect on people such as Fyfe. His age bracket and his ability to naturally build muscle would suggest he can get this big without steroids.

I highly doubt it

High loads of specific protein powder over short periods can have this affect on people such as Fyfe. His age bracket and his ability to naturally build muscle would suggest he can get this big without steroids.

I highly doubt it
He is just genetically superior. It’s actually not that hard. He hasn’t played in over a year prior to Hawthorn. Nothing else to do other then just gym.
He’s freaking meticulous with his body. High protein with high carbs. He has a free gym year round. Easy really. Control what you put into your body.
Seen friends that just go to the gym 4-5 times a week, pre and post workout protein. Eat massive meals. Get big quite fast .
Spare a thought for Zac Clarke etc. couldn’t put weight on for anything.

Geez, get a hobby..

He is just genetically superior. It’s actually not that hard. He hasn’t played in over a year prior to Hawthorn. Nothing else to do other then just gym.
He’s freaking meticulous with his body. High protein with high carbs. He has a free gym year round. Easy really. Control what you put into your body.
Seen friends that just go to the gym 4-5 times a week, pre and post workout protein. Eat massive meals. Get big quite fast .
Spare a thought for Zac Clarke etc. couldn’t put weight on for anything.
Could definitely be the case. It's just the timeframe that makes it a little different in my opinion.

But Jesus Christ people in this thread are acting like I've accused the bloke of some sort of crime, I literally said I agree with and support steroid use.

Could definitely be the case. It's just the timeframe that makes it a little different in my opinion.

But Jesus Christ people in this thread are acting like I've accused the bloke of some sort of crime, I literally said I agree with and support steroid use.
Well it is kind of banned in competitive sport, so you are suggesting he is cheating.

Are you serious? You literally have accused him of a crime…

Tbf the poster sounded like he didn't know it was outlawed in footy
I don’t want to be harsh on MadMundy but if they don’t know that steroids are banned in professional sport then I don’t know what to say without being harsh on MadMundy…

Some people are just genetic freaks. Look at the rig on Kennedy (Swans). Probably the best in the AFL and apparently he has to stay out of the gym or he would turn into the hulk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t want to be harsh on MadMundy but if they don’t know that steroids are banned in professional sport then I don’t know what to say without being harsh on MadMundy…
Let's put it this way, steroids are banned in the NBA, that doesn't mean LeBron James isn't pumping testosterone supplements and HGH through his body (he is, especially at his age to keep his physique the way it is).

Steroids are technically "banned" in Hollywood, that doesn't mean Chris Hemsworth isn't adding trenbolone to every meal to speed up the rate of muscle growth for Thor.

I understand most people aren't too aware of how common steroid use is, hell most people think The Rock is a natty.

These sorts of physiques you see are attainable, but it's more likely to take 5 years, not 6 months like you see a lot of these guys doing.

All I'm saying is steroid use is a lot more common than people believe, and I don't blame athletes for taking them, especially in regards to muscle recovery. There's probably a tonne of AFL players alone that take supplements, remember just because it's banned doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Let's put it this way, steroids are banned in the NBA, that doesn't mean LeBron James isn't pumping testosterone supplements and HGH through his body (he is, especially at his age to keep his physique the way it is).

Steroids are technically "banned" in Hollywood, that doesn't mean Chris Hemsworth isn't adding trenbolone to every meal to speed up the rate of muscle growth for Thor.

I understand most people aren't too aware of how common steroid use is, hell most people think The Rock is a natty.

These sorts of physiques you see are attainable, but it's more likely to take 5 years, not 6 months like you see a lot of these guys doing.

All I'm saying is steroid use is a lot more common than people believe, and I don't blame athletes for taking them, especially in regards to muscle recovery. There's probably a tonne of AFL players alone that take supplements, remember just because it's banned doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I think anyone that doesnt think steroid use in Hollywood isnt only common practice but expected is an idiot.

I think you are drawing an extremely long bow to tie that in with AFL which is heavily regulated and the idea there is widespread cheating through use of banned substances is an incredible claim that I find weird you think is no big deal.

Last edited:

You're probably right about Hollywood and American sports. It's clearly used in the MLB and likely in NFL too. But AFL players aren't actually big boys. If you look at their gym stats most are only benching about 100kg, and the younger guys are benching about 80. It's not widespread in the AFL, and the consequences of getting caught are massive. If a player like Fyfe was using steroids it would be a monumental story

Yeah I don't mean 1 rep max, just generally what they're loading up. Not sure how many reps they do but I assume its 6-8 for bench. You can see how much weight they're working with when the club posts gym photos

If we are going to make a case for players having their bodies assisted with medicine I would expect it to be done by taking a measure of their regular hormone profile, noticing any readings for testosterone etc that aren't at the top of the normal range and then making sure they are at the top of the normal range from then on.

You're probably right about Hollywood and American sports. It's clearly used in the MLB and likely in NFL too. But AFL players aren't actually big boys. If you look at their gym stats most are only benching about 100kg, and the younger guys are benching about 80. It's not widespread in the AFL, and the consequences of getting caught are massive. If a player like Fyfe was using steroids it would be a monumental story
Look like I said, I could very easily be wrong, Fyfe may just have God tier genetics. But it's hard not to notice these things or be sceptical about it once you read up more on it.

Would be interesting to hear Fyfe’s exercise & dietary routine in detail. AFL is unique due to the high volume of running along with strength training. Not to mention all the issues with Fyfe’s body at this point.

I'm in the gym every day my dude.

Being on steroids isn't a bad thing or an insult my dude. There are still people who think guys like Chris Hemsworth don't take them.
His trainer and medical experts say he hasn't taken steroids, how do you know he has.

Have you not read the reason for his upper body improvement. Should injuries have caused him to have to work on his upper body more.
I would take that as a slur on the great player he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back