2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a thought..

Do you think Rory was.. pushed to retire (it happens) given the club needed to spare another senior spot? I mean its pretty late for a retirement, and the timing of it just seems a bit odd.
Yeah, timing is late. They could always put Constable on rookie list to create that extra spot but maybe we need another spot to sign up a de-listed player to senior list.

Surprise in 2nd DFA period?
DFA (2): November 11th @ 9am until November 15th @ 5pm

Yeah, timing is late. They could always put Constable on rookie list to create that extra spot but maybe we need another spot to sign up a de-listed player to senior list.

Surprise in 2nd DFA period?
Yeah, it's possible. Although I think I read that any players would be through as a rookie and wouldn't be taking through DFA, but things could be changed now. We'll see in a couple days if anything comes out of the 2nd DFA period.

Anyone ‘delisted with the promise of re-rookie’ at another club that might be of interest?

The reverse Greenwood?

I note that the 1st post in this thread was in January 2021.
I look forward to the day when the thread finally eats itself, or self combusts, or gets traded to the Crows board.

Some final thoughts to sum up the experience of wading through the nearly two years of this thread.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakely likely.
Throwing that out into the universe has worked to a degree with Blakely attracting interest from the Gold Coast Suns.

He says the move is likely to happen but insists he won’t be getting carried away until he has signed on the dotted line.

“Hopefully something comes of it. My managers (Paul Connors and Robbie D’Orazio) have been working pretty hard and the Gold Coast is looking pretty likely at this stage, so fingers crossed for that come National and Rookie Drafts,” he added.

“It’s looking pretty good at the moment but nothing is guaranteed until your name is read out or you sign the contract.

Blakely likely.

His ability to play mid/wing/half-back (albeit not exactly to a high level) seems to be what the list team is looking for, especially to fill the team around the kids developing in the VFL, so makes sense.

Not awful depth for the rookie list and sounds like he will fit in to life on the coast.

My mind: Suns will win 12 games but miss finals due to extra round of footy next year…

Would love to have finals locked in early so I don’t have to think like this all year haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My mind: Suns will win 12 games but miss finals due to extra round of footy next year…

Would love to have finals locked in early so I don’t have to think like this all year haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
we won't win all 23, we will drop a couple. but i am struggling to see who beats us
lock us in for an 18-5 season

Delisted North Melbourne midfielder Jed Anderson is edging closer to an AFL lifeline with ongoing discussions with Gold Coast likely to see him find a new home.
Anderson, 28, was delisted by the Kangaroos last month but remains keen to resurrect his league career.

He is stranded on 99 games after 10 seasons with Hawthorn and North Melbourne, but he has attracted interest from the Suns who are looking to add to a few mature-aged additions in an attempt to push for its first AFL finals berth next season.

While it is understood there are still some things to work through before Anderson is guaranteed to join the Suns, it remains a likely option at this stage.

I’m sick of hearing this from these kids. Raise the draft age to 20 and the min contract to 4 years. Make them play in v/w/sa FL. They will be more mature when drafted and have to stay longer
I think it’s bull crap that these kids really want to go home they’re leaving for the money and if they’re high draft picks they have these Victorian clubs constantly in their ear telling them to come home and say they’re home sick. How can interstate clubs compete if they can’t keep the talent maybe the contract should be dictated by the club The player is leaving something like Gold Coast is willing to pay player X $1 million if he leaves he’s not allowed to get more than $800,000 so it’s a financial penalty for leaving and then we will see if the players really want to leave or if it’s just about the money. This is not a problem in most other professional sports around the world

Although a path towards a post on the Gold Coast has been forged, it is understood that several logistical standpoints require ticking off before Anderson is officially welcomed into the fold at Carrara.

Something holding up the signing of Anderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back