2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to see him develop some consistency.

He has potential to be a taller Jordan Ridley type.

Has a Sam Taylor / Harris Andrews body type. So guess that’s something to aim for.

Don’t think he’s going to ever be your thick set Ben McKay / Noah Balta full back.
Sam Taylor is the best key defender in the AFL so if he goes that way I'd be stoked.

Don't count out Mac Andrew if he keeps putting on weight. Seemed to get from 74kg to 84kg without too much trouble since drafted. I daresay given the sheer amount of size he has to put on they'll have him do 5-10kg per year so he can grow in to it. Will be an absolute weapon at 90kg+ but not sure if he will ever be big enough to take a proper beast. Time will tell.

If he keeps getting on the piss he'll stack it on easy though! Worked for me 🤝

Agree on mac Andrew, he'll be too good offensively to be wasted on a big key forward. If ballard can continue to get stronger, Andrew as the 3rd would be perfect. He may still end up a ruckman.

Agree on mac Andrew, he'll be too good offensively to be wasted on a big key forward. If ballard can continue to get stronger, Andrew as the 3rd would be perfect. He may still end up a ruckman.

Don't think the club are completely set on where they want him either.

At 200cm and 74kg, playing the 3rd tall is really you're only go (against men). Seems to have trained fwd this year, and hopefully kicks a few, but ultimately he looks like a ruckman, a big man you want on the ball, an extra midfielder once the ball hits the deck

At 200cm and 74kg, playing the 3rd tall is really you're only go (against men). Seems to have trained fwd this year, and hopefully kicks a few, but ultimately he looks like a ruckman, a big man you want on the ball, an extra midfielder once the ball hits the deck

*202cm and 84kg

I would have thought him down back would be better to be honest,

Moyle in ruck, Andrew down back, walter up forward.

Maybe Walter ends up our big strong tall defender 😜
You never know how players train on, but we could have in 5 years Moyle (R), Read (RF), Walters (KPF) Andrew (?) Nancarrow (FR?). So developing Andrew in defence might not be a bad idea.

Our window is now…. Don’t have 5 years wishing and preying a stab in the dark works out for us.

Salary caps are there to be used.

If you ain’t spending every last cent… fair chance your not heading towards the spoils of glory.

Are we more likely to go down in history with Witts swallow and Collins.. or without?

Mac Andrew could be in the mould of Darcy Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where’s King going?
Hopefully nowhere, but who knows? He'll be 27/28 by that point. It's unrealistic to expect all these (hopefully) gun players to stay their whole career. Some will leave, but King will be at his peak by then so fingers crossed he's still at the Suns.

I hate to say it again, but Liam Jones would have been a smart move at least for the short term. You will see this year he is a quality key defender and the sell would have been easy with him already being on the gold coast.

I hate to say it again, but Liam Jones would have been a smart move at least for the short term. You will see this year he is a quality key defender and the sell would have been easy with him already being on the gold coast.

I’m sure we tried to get Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ollie Hollands looks good (still very happy with Humphrey)
Thought he was pretty average myself. Commentary team were a bit over the top in their praise because he is an “elite runner”. Woopty Doo! The AFL is full of elite runners. He made quite a few errors but it was only his first game. Confident we have the better Hollands.

Thought he was pretty average myself. Commentary team were a bit over the top in their praise because he is an “elite runner”. Woopty Doo! The AFL is full of elite runners. He made quite a few errors but it was only his first game. Confident we have the better Hollands.
Maybe I was commentary bias, but to me, he's in the same group as Will Day that makes me wish they were playing for us. Looks an Ellis type

You could tell Hollands and Cowan were very nervous, i'm gonna put it down to being new and nerves.

Elijah is definately better though, goalkicking power mid whos just biding his time on the wing

Yeah he can run but he has no idea what spots to run to were he can get the ball.
I thought he was pretty average as well.
Whats the point of running 16ks and getting 11 touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back