2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warming to the idea of having another go at Nathan broad, such a versatile defender can play on talls or smalls and would free up Powell to play an attacking role.

"But recruiters also wouldn’t be surprised if Gold Coast’s natural first-round pick is placed on the trade table later this year — particularly if that selection ends up being beyond Pick 8, which is seen as Walter’s draft range at this stage — to allow the Suns to split it with a rival and help them bank points."

That's all this is saying

"But recruiters also wouldn’t be surprised if Gold Coast’s natural first-round pick is placed on the trade table later this year — particularly if that selection ends up being beyond Pick 8, which is seen as Walter’s draft range at this stage — to allow the Suns to split it with a rival and help them bank points."

It will be interesting to see what players are delisted from your list?

In the Phantom draft:
Jed Walter = Pick 6 = 1,751 points
Jake Rogers = Pick 16 = 1,067 points
Ethan Read = Pick 20 = 912 points
TOTAL Points = 3,730 points
20% discount = 2,984 points required

Pick 8 = 1,551 points
Pick 27 = 703 points
Pick 30 = 629 points
Pick 46 = 331 points

Currently you would have to create 4 list spots (but that would mean picks 49, 56, 64, 67 & 70 are discarded).
Splitting Pick 8 would possibly mean a 5th delisting?

In the Phantom draft:

Pick 8 = 1,551 points
Pick 27 = 703 points
Pick 30 = 629 points
Pick 46 = 331 points

Currently you would have to create 4 list spots (but that would mean picks 49, 56, 64, 67 & 70 are discarded).
Plenty of options. Primary list off contract - Day, Sharp, Constable, Casboult, Farrar. A player or two could decide to leave (Flanders?, Hollands?).

We could also move players from primary list to rookie list (like Sexton, Burgess, Berry) and de-list players on rookie list - Tsitas, Stein, Faulkhead, Blakey, J Anderson, McLaughlin.

Last edited:
Plenty of options. Primary list off contract - Day, Sharp, Constable, Casboult, Farrar. A player or two could decide to leave (Flanders?, Hollands?).

We could also move players from primary list to rookie list (like Sexton, Burgess, Berry) and de-list players on rookie list - Tsitas, Stein, Faulkhead, Blakey, J Anderson, McLaughlin.

Do we have to cut our list numbers back this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the Phantom draft:

Pick 8 = 1,551 points
Pick 27 = 703 points
Pick 30 = 629 points
Pick 46 = 331 points

GC don’t necessarily have to take all the picks they will need to the draft. They can get other clubs to take extra picks to the draft for them.

They can take their 4 highest picks to the draft, and auction off the highest three for multiple lower picks on the night.

We (the Lions) did this last year, where we traded our two highest second round picks, one to Hawthorn and one to North, for multiple 3rd and 4th round picks that created an extra ~500 points on the night.

They will manage the points situation no problems. The interesting thing for rival clubs is what happens with our first rounder. Do we move it to next year, do we trade it, do we split it. If the rules allowed I'm guessing we would be the first club to sell a pick for salary, imagine selling pick 8 for a mill then picking up dusty martin and he wins his 4th norm😜

They will manage the points situation no problems. The interesting thing for rival clubs is what happens with our first rounder. Do we move it to next year, do we trade it, do we split it. If the rules allowed I'm guessing we would be the first club to sell a pick for salary, imagine selling pick 8 for a mill then picking up dusty martin and he wins his 4th norm😜

The Allies haven’t played yet so Walter’s stock could diminish. I guess I would prefer to lose the pick or split the pick as that means we have likely gone alright this year for a change

Why would we split our first rounder when we can instead trade it with a future pick to move higher up the order and secure another top 10 pick before the bids come for Walter, Rogers and Read? Bring in 4 top 30 picks instead of 3. If we need even more points then I'm pretty sure we're going to get them through a trade involving Sharp. Just seems like a waste to split a pick when we can instead use it to secure a top 10 pick before academy bids come through...

Why would we split our first rounder when we can instead trade it with a future pick to move higher up the order and secure another top 10 pick before the bids come for Walter, Rogers and Read? Bring in 4 top 30 picks instead of 3. If we need even more points then I'm pretty sure we're going to get them through a trade involving Sharp. Just seems like a waste to split a pick when we can instead use it to secure a top 10 pick before academy bids come through...
Do we need another top 10 pick talent considering Walter will be probably one? All I see is 450-500K tag year 3 and somebody leaving down the track.

I would much rather spend the pick on top mature talent if any chance to convince someone. Re-build should be over.

Do we need another top 10 pick talent considering Walter will be probably one? All I see is 450-500K tag year 3 and somebody leaving down the track.

I would much rather spend the pick on top mature talent if any chance to convince someone. Re-build should be over.

Nailed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back