2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Flanders even want to move? Even Dmac didnt wanna move when we basically were paying North to take him.

We could re-sign Flanders on a cheaper deal if he wants to back himself and be apart of a finals bound team instead of going Hawks or North where he'll most likely end up like Cooper Stephens.
Gerard Healey would love it if Sydney took him.

Would Flanders even want to move? Even Dmac didnt wanna move when we basically were paying North to take him.

We could re-sign Flanders on a cheaper deal if he wants to back himself and be apart of a finals bound team instead of going Hawks or North where he'll most likely end up like Cooper Stephens.

A pick 11, into his 4th year, only played 34 games and never found his groove at senior level.

No chance of midfield minutes here either.

I think he needs a change of scenery.

I’m not as down on them as some here.

Sharp I think will be a decent player but don’t think he’s in the right mind set on the coast any longer. We probably could have helped him more on that front by just playing him for 8 games straight on the wing last year instead of dropping or sub every second week.

I’m sure he’ll go to west coast and average 22 disposals and a goal every second game and we’ll cop it from opinionated followers but not sure he plays football that really helps you win so not that disappointed.

Flanders seems to have the right mindset and thought he has done ok in limited opportunities without setting the world on fire this year. Would want to keep him.

Flanders seems to have the right mindset and thought he has done ok in limited opportunities without setting the world on fire this year. Would want to keep him.

Problem is his expected output in 2024/25 v his desired contract size for years 5/6, especially when we can’t offer his desired midfield position.

Bit of a Brodie 2.0 situation for mine. High draft pick that hasn’t delivered yet… but also not given the best of opportunities either like some others.

Humphreys ahead of him now and will need $$$ next contract.
Hollands plays same position, has stagnated slightly, but has time on a cheaper contract.

Maybe we turn Flanders pick into a mature player of need?

Problem is his expected output in 2024/25 v his desired contract size for years 5/6, especially when we can’t offer his desired midfield position.

Bit of a Brodie 2.0 situation for mine. High draft pick that hasn’t delivered yet… but also not given the best of opportunities either like some others.

Humphreys ahead of him now and will need $$$ next contract.
Hollands plays same position, has stagnated slightly, but has time on a cheaper contract.

Maybe we turn Flanders pick into a mature player of need?
I am pretty sure Holllands will not be on a cheaper contract in his 3rd year as a pick 6. I say min 400K.

Hollands and Flanders have to be realistic, take the two year contract and be apart of the success coming up.

Earn your stripes and earn your pay.

Yeah, I’m not really considering what Flanders might be after contract wise.

If Hawthorn would pay him 500k a year, then sure, I think we have reasonable facsimile options at cheaper level.

Purely as a player, I wouldn’t mind seeing how he develops over the next 2 years. I think there are some positive attributes. If we can’t give him opportunities though, then it doesn’t make sense from a list perspective.

At some stage over the next couple of years we have to cut several positions to line up with everyone else.
If Flanders can't get a consistent game over the next 12 months it will be see ya later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you would think that our list size will be cut maybe as soon as next year. If we happen to take out the vfl comp there will be some whinging coming from the Vic based teams. Players like farrar, faulkhead, mclaughlin, Brock are going to be hard to retain. Other clubs will be coming hard for players like Flanders Moyle, hollands, Jeffery if they are stuck in the reserves all year.

I just can’t wait to see who the big fish is we land this year. After the years of talk.. our salary cap must be almost reasonable enough to land a top talent
All I know is ME said to judge the Bowes deal after this trade/FA period… if there is no big fish, we riot.

Can't believe what a entitled shit Harley Reid is with alluding to not wanting to leave Vic on the Gettable podcast. Not against confident guys with ability, all the greats have swagger but to think he's too good to need to move interstate irks me. What a little flog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back