2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North board seem to be thinking they are getting pick 2 as their PP. Also that they will take 1 and 2 to the draft and most of them think they will likely go wardlaw/ cadman. Not sure how they get logue, tucker and maybe hill done without splitting one of their picks or trading someone like Thomas. Leaves the field a bit thin for our picks if it is the case though.
Seems unfair that they would get pick 2 as wel, as they cleaned house and made their own situation as bad as it is

North board seem to be thinking they are getting pick 2 as their PP. Also that they will take 1 and 2 to the draft and most of them think they will likely go wardlaw/ cadman. Not sure how they get logue, tucker and maybe hill done without splitting one of their picks or trading someone like Thomas. Leaves the field a bit thin for our picks if it is the case though.
Can't imagine them getting pick 2, maybe a mid-first round pick an 11 maybe. If they get Logue and Tucker there is 0% chance the AFL also give them pick 2, when we got our PP we couldn't attract any talent.

Can't imagine them getting pick 2, maybe a mid-first round pick an 11 maybe. If they get Logue and Tucker there is 0% chance the AFL also give them pick 2, when we got our PP we couldn't attract any talent.

Can't really see pick 2 being given - they have young talent, they just lost all there older talent. Traded their 2nd Rd pick for CCJ.

Thinking a end of 1st Rd pick and priority access to some mature talent.

Cats have so many role players..
yes they have there guns..

but they have plenty of no names who play there key parts to the team.

Max Holmes is a gun
Kolo is a brick wall
Bews and Atkins tough as
De koning 21 yr old marking beam pole

Seen lots of little cheeky taps to team mates to make Space.
Looks like they got it from Rankines cheat book

Dunkley May aswell come to us

We only lost to Geelong by 60

You never know :cool:

genie-granting-wish-appear-magic-lamp-31716483.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching a replay of the Geelong v Brisbane preliminary. It's so apparent Brisbane are lacking that hard edge to compete with the best. I worry we will be the same. So I think the move of bringing in Long would go along way to address that so Holman is not alone in that task.

I’d also be talking to Geelongs left overs..

Menegola
Parfitt
Rategolea
Narkle
Even Cooper Stevens all could add something to our best 22

Menengola - Cooked
Parfitt - easy best 22 at Suns
Rategolea - hopeless
Narkle - Talented but has 'issues' off-field.Get that sorted,and he'd be playing for Cats every week. Talented as f***
Stevens - Big upside.

Not the worst of calls BD

Long is a great get and will add steel to the back 6. First time he hip and shoulders an oppo player out the game,y'all be cheering. Love the way he goes about his footy.

Watching a replay of the Geelong v Brisbane preliminary. It's so apparent Brisbane are lacking that hard edge to compete with the best. I worry we will be the same. So I think the move of bringing in Long would go along way to address that so Holman is not alone in that task.
You can't win grand finals with guys like Matheson Zorko and Rich in your team
They overachieved this year
Unless they get help for Neale they're in trouble

I also think Long hard edge should be handy for us but as for Lions that's not why they lost yesterday, IMO. For whatever reason they did not bring it yesterday. It was utterly terrible performance in every aspect of the game. I don't think Suns played such a bad game this year :p

I would not even give a lot of credit to Cats. Lions showed no pressure, lack of contest, turnover after turnover, BigO just average ruck, not able to deal with spare one in defence, and so on.

Lions were lucky that Lynch did not kick that goal in the first finals game otherwise they would be under way more pressure by now. To Lions credit 2nd half against Melbourne was fantastic. Not sure why they could not replicate that pressure.

As for Lions future, Dunkley would be a great help for them in the middle, no doubt. Lyons was crap this year but to be fair to him, it seems he was dealing with a groin issue. All Lions fans rave about Ashcroft but in reality it will take min 2-3 years for him to be a great asset in the middle if all goes well. Robinson is gone, Rich and Zorko on last leg. McStay and Gardiner also possibly gone. They have some young players to step in but it will be interesting time for Lions too.

It's a tough and close competition. Nothing guaranteed next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back