2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menengola - Cooked
Parfitt - easy best 22 at Suns
Rategolea - hopeless
Narkle - Talented but has 'issues' off-field.Get that sorted,and he'd be playing for Cats every week. Talented as f***
Stevens - Big upside.

Not the worst of calls BD

Long is a great get and will add steel to the back 6. First time he hip and shoulders an oppo player out the game,y'all be cheering. Love the way he goes about his footy.

Agree, we are a bit vanilla in some areas. And vanilla doesn’t win finals.

Long adds mongrel to our defence.

Menengola - Cooked
Parfitt - easy best 22 at Suns
Rategolea - hopeless
Narkle - Talented but has 'issues' off-field.Get that sorted,and he'd be playing for Cats every week. Talented as f***
Stevens - Big upside.

Not the worst of calls BD

Long is a great get and will add steel to the back 6. First time he hip and shoulders an oppo player out the game,y'all be cheering. Love the way he goes about his footy.
Parfitt is the only player I would be interested. But who would be Parfitt replacing round 1? It's not Miller, Anderson, Rowell, Swallow. Hollands would be ahead of Parfitt too, IMO.

Maybe on the bench instead of Davies, Bowes or Flanders if they do make it to best 22. Not easy to make best 22 line-up.

Last edited:

We shouldn't be whinging about other teams getting hand outs.

Unless they are one of the big clubs who can't stop telling us how wonderful they are and many supporters they have and how many big games they play in and that we are rubbish and no one wants to play for us and we should be moved to Tassie.

Then we can whinge unceasingly.

Thoughts on robbo?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good God no
He's 34 years old and a hack
Why on Earth would you think he'd be picked up by anyone other than a State level team?
Props to the guy for getting 5 more years on an AFL list than I thought he could ever hope for
I reckon I'd only look at him because his missus has done some great design work around the Lions indigenous guernsies

Last edited:
I don’t care about the no dickhead policy.. get me Mitch Robinson… wouldn’t cost much. Don’t even care if he spends half the year suspended. He’s got something we lack..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we haven’t gone backwards that far that we are talking about Mitch Robinson have we?

If all you want is a psycho d*ckhead to “add mongrel” just walk into any club on Cavill av. and sign up the first 22 year old wannabe you come across.

Surely we are still looking at blokes that can actually kick a footy at a semi competent rate, something IMO we are lacking just as much.

Looking at the draft order and the predicted order I think WC will be keen to trade pick 2 off to us. There is 3 WA lads in the 5 to 15 range, 2 mids and a centre half back would be a huge haul for the rebuild. Especially if we get pick 16 from Brisbane too.

Looking at the draft order and the predicted order I think WC will be keen to trade pick 2 off to us. There is 3 WA lads in the 5 to 15 range, 2 mids and a centre half back would be a huge haul for the rebuild. Especially if we get pick 16 from Brisbane too.
IMO, there is no reason to go after pick 1 or 2.

IMO, there is no reason to go after pick 1 or 2.
Pretty much, there is a clear number 1 in Will Ashcroft and Wardlaw is an inside mid. Keep our pick at 7 or 8, try and get pick 5 for Rankine. This draft is reportedly not as deep and next years is supposedly a 'super draft'.

Would love wardlaw too but

We should just top up our squad with 2-3 quality players instead.

We’re gonna be losing 1-3 quality players this year kinda have to keep that cycle going until some a graders wanna come

Would love wardlaw too but

We should just top up our squad with 2-3 quality players instead.

We’re gonna be losing 1-3 quality players this year kinda have to keep that cycle going until some a graders wanna come

The only issue with that is we’ll end up like the giants a revolving door for top draft 10 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back