• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping like mad that Strachan is good to go.

This team could go all the way if no injuries

F. Wright Gollant Newchurch
Hf. Brown. Madgen Dowling
C. Hately Berry. Cook
Hb Hamill. Keane. Nankervis
B. Bond. Borlase Parnell
R. Strachan Crouch Schoenberg
I Boyle Oloughlin Clamp Kappler

Probably hear tomorrow who is missing finals. I presume Schoenberg will be one.

Likely 14 AFL Players to Play

SamBerry
MattCrouch
JackoHately
BraydenCook
WillHamill
TylerBrown
LukeNankervis
BillyDowling
JamesBorlase
PatrickParnell
HughBOND
TariekNewchurch
LachlanGollant
MarkKeane

Top Ups to Play

MattWright
JackMadgen
JayBoyle
BlayneO'Loughlin
LouisSharrad
RileyClamp
JarmanSigal
HughHaysman

Team of

FNEWCHURCHGOLLANTWRIGHT
HFBROWNMADGENDOWLING
CCOOKBERRYNANKERVIS
HBHAMILLBORLASEBOND
BBOYLEKEANEPARNELL
RSIGALCROUCHHATELY
IO'LOUGHLINSHARRADCLAMPHAYSMAN

Exit meetings today and tomorrow for the players not involved in the SANFL Finals according to story in the Addy today.
Well in that fox footy article about Crouch it says he has had an exit meeting and has a 1 year deal on the table..

So it looks like you can strike his name off the playing list..

SANFL has released the AFL-listed players qualified to play for Adelaide and Port Adelaide in the 2023 Hostplus SANFL League finals series.
Adelaide, set to tackle Sturt in Sunday’s Qualifying Final from 3.15pm, will have a total of 18 AFL-listed players eligible to play in the major round.
The Crows have confirmed they will be without key utility Elliot Himmelberg (hamstring) and midfielder Harry Schoenberg (Achilles) throughout September while defender Andrew McPherson (quad) remains in doubt.
Port, preparing to confront Central District in Sunday’s Elimination Final from 3.15pm, have 17 AFL-listed players meet the eligibility criteria, should the Power be eliminated from the AFL finals race.
While Port’s AFL team remains active in the finals series, any AFL-listed player is permitted to play in SANFL finals except if they have lined up in Round 24 (including the activated substitute), in which case they cannot play in the SANFL Elimination Final.
Port ruckman Dante Visentini (quad) and running defender Josh Sinn (hamstring) are expected to miss the clash against the Bulldogs.
For AFL-listed players to qualify for SANFL League finals, they must play a higher percentage of SANFL games than AFL games throughout the year and at least three SANFL games after the halfway point of the Hostplus League season.
Under SANFL rules, Adelaide and Port Adelaide are permitted to field a maximum of 17 AFL-listed players in each finals match, inclusive of a marquee player (Jack Madgen or Cam Sutcliffe).

Adelaide players qualified for 2023 Hostplus SANFL Finals Series​

Sam Berry
Kieran Strachan
Hugh Bond
James Borlase
Tyler Brown
Brayden Cook
Matt Crouch
Billy Dowling
Lachlan Gollant
Will Hamill
Jackson Hately
Mark Keane
Luke Nankervis
Tariek Newchurch
Patrick Parnell
Elliott Himmelberg
Andrew McPherson
Harry Schoenberg

Interesting that Madgen is counted as our Marquee and not our captain.

In my opinion Crouch is holding up the club release of names actually available for selection

As soon as he is not on the list the questions will start. That's all Rucci is basing his timeline on as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other years we have said who is actually available for selection and who isn't from those that have qualified.
They have. McPherson, Himmelberg and Tayor are out. Strachan to come in at some stage. Not this week though. Schoenberg is also now out.

Adelaide is set to have up to 19 AFL-listed players available for selection for the upcoming SANFL finals series.

Under SANFL rules, AFL-listed players qualify for SANFL League finals if they have played more State League games than AFL throughout the year.

They must also have played at least three SANFL games after the halfway point of the SANFL season.

Adelaide is, however, only allowed to field a maximum of 16 AFL-listed players during the finals series, under SANFL rules.

Crows SANFL Captain Matthew Wright and marquee player Jack Madgen head up a long and healthy list of development squad players.

Despite qualifying, AFL-listed players Andrew McPherson, Elliott Himmelberg and Zac Taylor are injured and are unlikely to return for the SANFL finals series.

The following 19 AFL-listed players have qualified.

Sam Berry

Kieran Strachan

Hugh Bond

James Borlase

Tyler Brown

Brayden Cook

Matt Crouch

Billy Dowling

Lachlan Gollant

Will Hamill

Jackson Hately

Elliott Himmelberg

Mark Keane

Andrew McPherson

Luke Nankervis

Tariek Newchurch

Patrick Parnell

Harry Schoenberg

Zac Taylor

Adelaide, which sits second on the ladder, takes on Norwood in the last minor round of the season at Norwood Oval this Saturday at 2.10pm.

They have. McPherson, Himmelberg and Tayor are out. Strachan to come in at some stage. Not this week though. Schoenberg is also now out.

Adelaide is set to have up to 19 AFL-listed players available for selection for the upcoming SANFL finals series.

Under SANFL rules, AFL-listed players qualify for SANFL League finals if they have played more State League games than AFL throughout the year.

They must also have played at least three SANFL games after the halfway point of the SANFL season.

Adelaide is, however, only allowed to field a maximum of 16 AFL-listed players during the finals series, under SANFL rules.

Crows SANFL Captain Matthew Wright and marquee player Jack Madgen head up a long and healthy list of development squad players.

Despite qualifying, AFL-listed players Andrew McPherson, Elliott Himmelberg and Zac Taylor are injured and are unlikely to return for the SANFL finals series.

The following 19 AFL-listed players have qualified.

Sam Berry

Kieran Strachan

Hugh Bond

James Borlase

Tyler Brown

Brayden Cook

Matt Crouch

Billy Dowling

Lachlan Gollant

Will Hamill

Jackson Hately

Elliott Himmelberg

Mark Keane

Andrew McPherson

Luke Nankervis

Tariek Newchurch

Patrick Parnell

Harry Schoenberg

Zac Taylor

Adelaide, which sits second on the ladder, takes on Norwood in the last minor round of the season at Norwood Oval this Saturday at 2.10pm.
I think we make a prelim.but can't see us going all the way.

I can’t see any way that Matty Crouch plays in the SANFL. A month ago he was checking out opportunities at the Beaufort Bakery, he should now get at least a 2 year contract of $500K a year from us or another club. Why risk injury (just ask Tom Doedee) until you have signed a contract?

We will have no more than 13 AFL listed players (plus Madgen) on Sunday. If we win does it mean

1) Our developing Kids are fantastic

2) Our top ups are amazing

3) The SANFL is getting weaker and weaker.

I think mainly 3) with a little bit of 1) and 2).

Likely 14 AFL Players to Play

SamBerry
MattCrouch
JackoHately
BraydenCook
WillHamill
TylerBrown
LukeNankervis
BillyDowling
JamesBorlase
PatrickParnell
HughBOND
TariekNewchurch
LachlanGollant
MarkKeane

Top Ups to Play

MattWright
JackMadgen
JayBoyle
BlayneO'Loughlin
LouisSharrad
RileyClamp
JarmanSigal
HughHaysman

Team of

FNEWCHURCHGOLLANTWRIGHT
HFBROWNMADGENDOWLING
CCOOKBERRYNANKERVIS
HBHAMILLBORLASEBOND
BBOYLEKEANEPARNELL
RSIGALCROUCHHATELY
IO'LOUGHLINSHARRADCLAMPHAYSMAN
Seems amazing to me that McHenry didn't qualify. Felt like he played a lot of SANFL but mustve had more AFL than SANFL.

I can’t see any way that Matty Crouch plays in the SANFL. A month ago he was checking out opportunities at the Beaufort Bakery, he should now get at least a 2 year contract of $500K a year from us or another club. Why risk injury (just ask Tom Doedee) until you have signed a contract?

We will have no more than 13 AFL listed players (plus Madgen) on Sunday. If we win does it mean

1) Our developing Kids are fantastic

2) Our top ups are amazing

3) The SANFL is getting weaker and weaker.

I think mainly 3) with a little bit of 1) and 2).
13 plus Madgen, Wright, Oloughlin, Boyle, Sigal, Sharrad, Clamp,

Our top ups are pretty good this year

Well in that fox footy article about Crouch it says he has had an exit meeting and has a 1 year deal on the table..

So it looks like you can strike his name off the playing list..
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.
I wonder if Matty would have mentioned the coaches judgement throughout the year

Not at the Beaufort Bakery he wasn't, Matty has never, ever called Beaufort home having always lived in Ballarat/Alfredton. His only Beaufort link is through his father Phil who taught at Beaufort and coached the Beaufort Crows for a stretch and was also their list manager for a stretch. For the record I wouldn't recommend the Beaufort Bakery either, pretty ordinary fare.
I was using a bit of poetic licence. I preferred to say Beaufort because my mates and I would always stop at Beaufort on the drive to Melbourne (pre-Covid). We found the coffee in the old workshop cafe was pretty good, back in the day…

We were hoping to make the run next weekend but then Stevie Wonder intervened.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back