• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha……oh my sides, you’re too funny! Did you come up with that yourself or did your Mum help you with that?
You’re as funny and original as a Victorian comedian doing Adelaide jokes.

Truth hurts?

My heart says Sturt, my gut says crows

I've always found the reserves teams tend to lack the want and desire to go that extra yard compared to the Sanfl teams. If Sturt really smash in I can see them winning. The young Crows just wont go in because they have an AFL preseason to come back to in November.

I've always found the reserves teams tend to lack the want and desire to go that extra yard compared to the Sanfl teams. If Sturt really smash in I can see them winning. The young Crows just wont go in because they have an AFL preseason to come back to in November.
Agree .....also, there's a bit of "let's show these AFL upstarts a thing or two" ......extra incentive

I dont have a problem with it. The crows are playing for their AFL futures but the Sanfl clubs all play for the premiership. Totally different mindset come finals.
All good POV's .....what about a good Finals series by a couple of Crows players ....could pencil their name in for R1 next year

A great game by Newchurch could even save his career ......

tell-then.gif

All good POV's .....what about a good Finals series by a couple of Crows players ....could pencil their name in for R1 next year

A great game by Newchurch could even save his career ......

tell-then.gif

For sure. I think it will put some players names up the potential for AFL list. But that will get sorted in pre season. Anything could happen though. Crows could come out and win this thing. Rowies head will explode if that ever happens. He'd be the first one at the club with a pitch fork trying to run us out of town.

For sure. I think it will put some players names up the potential for AFL list. But that will get sorted in pre season. Anything could happen though. Crows could come out and win this thing. Rowies head will explode if that ever happens. He'd be the first one at the club with a pitch fork trying to run us out of town.
BTW .....I think we have next to no chance of winning a SANFL GF, as the setup currently is .....too many kids & top-ups

BTW .....I think we have next to no chance of winning a SANFL GF, as the setup currently is .....too many kids & top-ups

We probably don't treat the games like finals either where as you have a hundred plus years of history drilled into the players from the other clubs. My prediction is we go out in straight sets or out in the preliminary. But wouldnt surprise me if we snuck into the GF either.

So Crouch and Strachan are not selected. 13 of 15 eligible.
19 Eligible. 13/14 available and are all playing.

Sam Berry

Kieran Strachan - Injured. Hopefully back next week

Hugh Bond

James Borlase

Tyler Brown

Brayden Cook

Matt Crouch - Looks like has decided not to play.

Billy Dowling

Lachlan Gollant

Will Hamill

Jackson Hately

Mark Keane

Luke Nankervis

Tariek Newchurch

Patrick Parnell

Elliott Himmelberg - Injured

Andrew McPherson - Injured

Harry Schoenberg - Injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... what do people make of Crouch not playing?

Sensible decision that everyone within the club will fully understand? Or a disgraceful lack of loyalty?

Given the reaction on here from almost everyone when Jacobs didn't play in similar circumstances I'm interested to see whether the level of vitriol will be topped

Sensible decision that everyone within the club will fully understand? Or a disgraceful lack of loyalty?

Given the reaction on here from almost everyone when Jacobs didn't play in similar circumstances I'm interested to see whether the level of vitriol will be topped
I don't care.

He hasn't got a contract, I suspect most in the same position would do the same.

And on that note, maybe it was the clubs call not Matt's?

Jacobs was done, he played one more year, Crouch has years ahead of him, the loss of potential earnings is far more significant, plus he hasn’t been a regular like Jacobs was.

Besides Jacobs had a job here lined up anyway.

Neither do brown or Hately. Yet they will still play.
Brown and Hately are unlikely to be getting courted by other AFL clubs, nor likely to be in any discussions right now over a future contract with Adelaide

And again, a lot of folk seem to automatically place the blame on the player. For all we know it could be a decision made by the club

Jacobs was done, he played one more year, Crouch has years ahead of him, the loss of potential earnings is far more significant, plus he hasn’t been a regular like Jacobs was.

Besides Jacobs had a job here lined up anyway.
You spin it, Fonz!

Not a fan of it

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back