List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

With the pick swaps window now open through to November 10, and then again once the draft begins, and available list spots likely still to be determined at some clubs, there is a minimum of 52 picks and a maximum of 62 anticipated in the national draft.
This would continue a trend of low numbers of live draft choices used in recent years, with 59 picks in 2020, 65 in 2021 and 59 last year.
A number of clubs will have a relatively small imprint on this year's draft and look to upgrade rookies to fill senior list vacancies, with Sydney and Richmond likely to take two picks and Collingwood and Port Adelaide to choose between one and two selections.

Linked to Luca Slade (182cm, 70Kg) with pick 73 - midfielder/forward

Port Adelaide​

Picks: 73
Port Adelaide will likely sit this year's draft out, with only pick 73 in hand after a busy trade period.

Still, the Power could take a winger or small forward with the pick to make up for the departures of Xavier Duursma and Orazio Fantasia.

Sturt forward Luca Slade fits Port Adelaide's needs and should fall toward the end of the draft.

Some players i would like us to target that might be around our late picks.

Kane McAuliffe 187cm Mid/Forward North Adelaide
Jed Dignan 188cm Mid North Adelaide
Luca Slade 182cm Mid/Forward Sturt
Ben Ridgway 181cm Mid Glenelg
Reece Torrent 182cm Mid Peel Thunder
Ethan Logan 186cm Mid/Defender Peel Thunder
Harvey Johnstone 184cm Mid/Forward Sandringham
Tarkyn O'Leary 178cm Wing Sandringham
Charlie Harrop 186cm Mid Sandringham
Sam Frangalas 187cm Mid Dandenong
Lachie Charleson 176cm Small Forward GMV
Kristian Ferronato 184cm Mid Northern Knights
Tom Beaumont 186cm Mid Tasmania

Linked to Luca Slade (182cm, 70Kg) with pick 73 - midfielder/forward

Port Adelaide​

Picks: 73
Port Adelaide will likely sit this year's draft out, with only pick 73 in hand after a busy trade period.

Still, the Power could take a winger or small forward with the pick to make up for the departures of Xavier Duursma and Orazio Fantasia.

Sturt forward Luca Slade fits Port Adelaide's needs and should fall toward the end of the draft.

Have I missed an announcement on Orazio?

Club website profile which includes season 2023 is eagerly looking forward to his 2024 with a completely lab-regrown body and indestructible bionic ligaments made from unobtainium.

Club website profile which includes season 2023 is eagerly looking forward to his 2024 with a completely lab-regrown body and indestructible bionic ligaments made from unobtainium.
I think we will rookie draft him and we should and play him over McEntee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will rookie draft him and we should and play him over McEntee

playing Orazio over McEntee is literally the only way his legs last four quarters. just not sure the rulebook is going to allow Jed to carry Raz on his back all day.

Looks likely to be delisted and joining GWS. They are keen on him and he's keen on them.

Lycett- likely delisted or retiring, if delisted St Kilda keen (rookie list)
Orazio- likely delisted, GWS keen (did a medical over there)
Hayes- borderline can go either way

Some players i would like us to target that might be around our late picks.

Kane McAuliffe 187cm Mid/Forward North Adelaide
Jed Dignan 188cm Mid North Adelaide
Luca Slade 182cm Mid/Forward Sturt
Ben Ridgway 181cm Mid Glenelg
Reece Torrent 182cm Mid Peel Thunder
Ethan Logan 186cm Mid/Defender Peel Thunder
Harvey Johnstone 184cm Mid/Forward Sandringham
Tarkyn O'Leary 178cm Wing Sandringham
Charlie Harrop 186cm Mid Sandringham
Sam Frangalas 187cm Mid Dandenong
Lachie Charleson 176cm Small Forward GMV
Kristian Ferronato 184cm Mid Northern Knights
Tom Beaumont 186cm Mid Tasmania

Harvey Johnstone as a future winger/HF
Fast, elusive, good vision and decent skills, I reckon he's easily the pick of that bunch

Harry Francis

Ruck/Forward 195cm?

It’s just interesting someone got him a late invite to the State Draft Combine.

Probably too small to be taken seriously as a Ruck but was on the rise at the end of the year. Was covering a fair amount of ground and averaged 13 disposals 5 marks for the year along with averaging 25 hit outs the the last 6 games.

Maybe develop as a KPD or forward?

Just a thought, someone is looking at him for a reason

Last edited:
Harry Francis

Ruck/Forward 195cm?

It’s just interesting someone got him a late invite to the State Draft Combine.

Probably too small to be taken seriously as a Ruck but was on the rise at the end of the year. Was covering a fair amount of ground and averaged 13 disposals 5 marks for the year along with averaging 25 hit outs the the last 6 games.

Maybe develope as a KPD or forward?

Just a thought someone is looking at him for a reason
Athletic big man rucked for Glenelg’s under-18s this year but, at 195cm, he probably won’t be able to do that effectively at the next level. But he is a real athlete who can use his combination of height and mobility to his advantage. Has yet to regularly showcase his marking ability as a forward but is clean below his knees and efficient with ball in hand. Displayed his athleticism at the state draft combine by winning the running vertical leap with a height of 95cm while producing a strong leap of 69cm in the standing vertical jump.

Last edited:
I disagree.

If your punting on a player that deep, punt on one in a position that historically have come from that deep.

For mine these late picks are for

Small forwards
Rucks
KPD

And given we need a small forward most that's what I'd be taking. And one with AFL attributes so genuine pace and speed.

Given how late it is they are likely to have question marks over fitness or application or both but that's the risk we have to take.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

2017 AFL Draft our first pick was 47 and we took Sam Hayes because he was the best available, wasn't the type we were looking for but couldn't go past him. Took Kane Farrell at 51.

Funny enough Sam's poor aerobic testing at draft camp was said to be the reason he slid so far.

Looks likely to be delisted and joining GWS. They are keen on him and he's keen on them.

Lycett- likely delisted or retiring, if delisted St Kilda keen (rookie list)
Orazio- likely delisted, GWS keen (did a medical over there)
Hayes- borderline can go either way
We have to delist 3 players from here. It is the rules. Our main list is at maximum capacity and we must still bring in or promote 3 players in the draft.

Unless something unlikely happens with Clurey, all 3 will be delisted. The only way any stay on with us is if we rookie list them. At the moment it seems highly likely we've said farewell to Hayes and Lycett. IMO I would suggest that unless we decided a firm no on Orazio, that he has probably been offered a 1 year rookie deal by us, but GWS might've offered 2, and if that's the case we'd let him slide to them in the rookie draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back