List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows will rookie.

He is delisted, so could theoretically be picked up as a free agent prior to the draft….

Seems strange that we would cut a player like pasini with another year to run on a contract. Unless we have a free agent lined up….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

List chasm: Port Adelaide’s defensive depth has been an issue, but they’ve addressed it via targeting Esava Ratugolea and Brandon Zerk-Thatcher. They’ve sacrificed virtually their entire draft hand in order to get their four recruits across, with the aforementioned two joined by Ivan Soldo and Jordon Sweet. They have ample rebounders off half-back – Dylan Williams, Kane Farrell, Miles Bergman and Dan Houston – but perhaps could do with another strong one-on-one small defender. The issue, however, is their draft hand. They’re ranked 12th for uncontested possession differential and 10th for kick rating.

Ideal draft prospects: There really aren’t any, given there won’t be 73 picks in this year’s draft. It was a conscious decision to recruit via the trade period as opposed to the draft. The good news is they got their targets, the bad news is it has come at a cost in this year’s draft. There are players out there that could’ve been a good fit: Luamon Lual, Harry DeMattia and James Leake among them.

Both Clurey and McKenzie are cooked, yet they delisted a still in contract Pasini (who admittedly was pretty poor in the Maggies after his return) - we should get Borlase and say goodbye to Tommy.
McKenzie isn't cooked. His injury just requires some R&R over the off-season. His form when fit is fine.

List chasm: Port Adelaide’s defensive depth has been an issue, but they’ve addressed it via targeting Esava Ratugolea and Brandon Zerk-Thatcher. They’ve sacrificed virtually their entire draft hand in order to get their four recruits across, with the aforementioned two joined by Ivan Soldo and Jordon Sweet. They have ample rebounders off half-back – Dylan Williams, Kane Farrell, Miles Bergman and Dan Houston – but perhaps could do with another strong one-on-one small defender. The issue, however, is their draft hand. They’re ranked 12th for uncontested possession differential and 10th for kick rating.

Ideal draft prospects: There really aren’t any, given there won’t be 73 picks in this year’s draft. It was a conscious decision to recruit via the trade period as opposed to the draft. The good news is they got their targets, the bad news is it has come at a cost in this year’s draft. There are players out there that could’ve been a good fit: Luamon Lual, Harry DeMattia and James Leake among them.
Well, that was a pointless bit of work by fox

Port Adelaide

Pick 73

The Power got what they needed from the trade period and sold their draft hand to do it. With their one selection a local product may be the route and SA captain Will Patton has slid down the draft order this year. At 193cm he can play on a variety of opponents and his defensive instincts are top notch. Kobe Ryan has dominated at SANFL level this year and should be on an AFL list in 2024, and Kane McAuliffe tested well at the combine and could be available still.

First-round Phantom Draft - who your club could pick on night 1

Port Adelaide

Pick 73

The Power got what they needed from the trade period and sold their draft hand to do it. With their one selection a local product may be the route and SA captain Will Patton has slid down the draft order this year. At 193cm he can play on a variety of opponents and his defensive instincts are top notch. Kobe Ryan has dominated at SANFL level this year and should be on an AFL list in 2024, and Kane McAuliffe tested well at the combine and could be available still.

First-round Phantom Draft - who your club could pick on night 1
I think we can grab Kobe Ryan in the rookie draft and I hope we do.
Our midfield is set for the next 10 years but we need more depth to run through there and someone who can play wing who can complement the running game also need more players who can kick goals.
Too many of our players can't kick straight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can grab Kobe Ryan in the rookie draft and I hope we do.
Our midfield is set for the next 10 years but we need more depth to run through there and someone who can play wing who can complement the running game also need more players who can kick goals.
Too many of our players can't kick straight

They're just guessing at that stage and Victorian media tends to get lazy with non-Victorian clubs and focus on local players.

Parker has no qualms about taking an interstate recruit with a late pick.

They're just guessing at that stage and Victorian media tends to get lazy with non-Victorian clubs and focus on local players.

Parker has no qualms about taking an interstate recruit with a late pick.
Yep if you're taken with pick 73 or 112 of the draft, you're just happy to be selected at all. I dont think location comes into those selections at all.

After asking a few questions on the D &T board about potential high risk high reward small forwards here is my #1 hope.

Lachie Charleson

https://youtu.be/iUTc07IcYeM?si=ZM3DSe_XItD96fe9

#2 Ian Callinans son Jack. Tassie kid, pressure and tackling looks good which Ken would love.

Callinan is North Melbourne NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back