Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson has bigger impacts on games than any other KPP according to the coaches.

And for those saying he's only had a few good games, he's polled in as many games as Gawn and English.

Hilarious.

Jackson is a good player but do you really want to argue that he has a bigger impact on games than guys like Curnow, Walker, Cameron, Taylor, Moore, English and Gawn?

Have at it then.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

He's well ahead of Quaynor and imo ahead of Houston as well. Remember the Blues have the best defence in the league.

View attachment 1775911

I wonder if Carlton playing WCE twice works in Weitering and Newman’s favour, in the same way that playing them twice has supposedly made Charlie’s claims illegitimate.

It’s tough to rack up stats in a 100 point belting when you’re on the last line of defence.

Probably not.

Hilarious.

Jackson is a good player but do you really want to argue that he has a bigger impact on games than guys like Curnow, Walker, Cameron, English and Gawn?

Have at it then.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four
I don't need to argue it when the coaches have made it loud and clear....

And yeah, Jackson defintely impacts games as much as those guys. You would know that if you watched any of his good games this year. He was best on ground when he was rucking directly against Gawn, and best on ground the last time he played vs Cameron. Was playing injured in our last games vs Carlton and Bulldogs.

He definitely has weeks where he has a bigger impact on games than those other guys.

I don't need to argue it when the coaches have made it loud and clear....

And yeah, Jackson defintely impacts games as much as those guys. You would know that if you watched any of his good games this year. He was best on ground when he was rucking directly against Gawn, and best on ground the last time he played vs Cameron. Was playing injured in our last games vs Carlton and Bulldogs.

He definitely has weeks where he has a bigger impact on games than those other guys.

Thanks for playing though.

Thanks for playing though.
I thought we were talking about impact not stats? Unless you think stats are the best way to measure impact for a guy who’s played half the year as a forward vs a guy that’s played the full year as a ruck.

The only concrete way we have at the moment to measure a players impact on a games is the coaches votes. They know better than anyone else who’s impacted the game mostly. And if English is so far ahead on most of those stats why does he have 23 less votes despite having two more wins?

I thought we were talking about impact not stats? Unless you think stats are the best way to measure impact for a guy who’s played half the year as a forward vs a guy that’s played the full year as a ruck.

The only concrete way we have at the moment to measure a players impact on a games is the coaches votes.
They know better than anyone else who’s impacted the game mostly. And if English is so far ahead on most of those stats why does he have 23 less votes despite having two more wins?

English has more impact on games than Jackson. He also has more impact on more games than Jackson.

Fact.

The sentence in bold is outrightly ridiculous.

That's funny because after every single game players are ranked on the impact they had on the game.

What's funny is that unless they pick Jackson as a second ruck you'll be standing around with your genitals in hand wondering what went wrong.

English should and will be first ruck. Bank on it.

What's funny is that unless they pick Jackson as a second ruck you'll be standing around with your genitals in hand wondering what went wrong.

English should and will be first ruck. Bank on it.
There is no world where Jackson should be first ruck when he’s only played half the year as a ruck.

That being said, if you only include the games he’s played as a ruck then he still has as many votes as English.

I honestly can't see Luke Jackson making the AA team this season. Definitely a lock for future years but not this one.

There is no world where Jackson should be first ruck when he’s only played half the year as a ruck.

That being said, if you only include the games he’s played as a ruck then he still has as many votes as English.

You're funny mate. I've enjoyed our banter.

But given this is the AA thread we ought to get back to talking about guys who are likely to make the AA team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're funny mate. I've enjoyed our banter.

But given this is the AA thread we ought to get back to talking about guys who are likely to make the AA team.
Can you please explain to me, in depth, how a player judged by the coaches to have a bigger impact on games than literally anyone else that plays in the two positions he’s played in during the year, it’s not worthy of making the AA team?

It was a few games while he was settling in as a forward in our system. Still had more output than a player who misses 4 or 5.

He’s going to kill it the next two weeks with Lycett out against Port & vs Meek/Reeves. Late season form is the most important part of getting in.
I suspect they'll go English and/or Marshall.

It would be hard to choose Jackson when he's not top 30 for average hitouts and not top 15 for total hitouts.

But his time will come soon enough, you'd think.

Neale, Taranto and others.
Libba's in and under work and clean hands are amazing.

Don't let stats sway your thinking, as stats can be misleading. If you watch his games, he has had an incredible season.

Don't let stats sway my thinking? Isn't it stats that would sway your thinking? He is no.1 in the league for clearances and contested possessions. I've seen how good he's been in and under, extracting the ball like a bull.

I suspect they'll go English and/or Marshall.

It would be hard to choose Jackson when he's not top 30 for average hitouts and not top 15 for total hitouts.

But his time will come soon enough, you'd think.
It’s not about his pure ruck work, it’s about his impact on games. Add in a solid block of 5 games of top tier ruckwork against lesser rucks could get him a 2nd ruck/bench spot like Nic Nat years earlier. I recon he’ll at least be in the squad.

So, I did the math.

Jackson has played 7 games in the ruck, for 35 coaches votes. 5 votes a game. His averages are 29 HO, 19 disposals, 4 clearances, and 4.5 marks.

English from 21 games has 35 coaches votes, 1.7 votes a game. His averages are 30.6 HO, 19 touches, 3.2 clearances, and 6.2 marks.

Gawn from 18 games has 42 coaches votes. 2.3 votes a game. His averages are 25.1 HO, 16 touches, 4 clearances, 4.6 marks.

Marshall from 21 games has 45 coaches votes. 2.1 votes a game. His averages are 27 HO, 19.7 touches, 4.8 clearances, 5 marks.

So from what I can see all these guys are putting up very similar numbers in the ruck. However one has more than double the amount of coaches votes a game than the next best. Which means he's impacting games as a ruck much more than any of the other rucks in the comp.

Don't let stats sway my thinking? Isn't it stats that would sway your thinking? He is no.1 in the league for clearances and contested possessions. I've seen how good he's been in and under, extracting the ball like a bull.
Obviously, I don't pay too much attention to stats, or I wouldn't have made the comment, as I would have known about the clearance and contested stats.

Doesn't that however strengthen my opinion that Libba has had a better season than some of those above him in Coaches award?

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back