Live Event 2023 Brownlow medal live chat

Who wins the Brownlow

• The Bont wins

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Someone undeserving and not called "The Bont" wins

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Stats Insiders Brownlow report Charlie Cameron was an 82% chance to get the 3 in R6. Neale was less that 1%.

Absolute f***** joke. Zero faith in the umpires voting now, have never seen a year with so many bizarre votes.

So many reasons to be annoyed from the ridiculous votes given to Neale to our s*** performances robbing our captain of a much deserved award again... F*** me

Last edited:
I didn't follow the count and only heard the audio for the last two games (Bont three votes, Neale three votes) because I received a few messages.

But did Neale really get three votes for a game where he got no coaches votes? If so, it's definitely time to get rid of this award and adopt the coaches award instead.

absolutely sickening.

give neale 3 votes after a 20 disposal game. just s**t.
Yeah that’s essentially the difference…. Unbelievable that he got 3 votes for that performance….. 20 disposals, 3 marks, no goals and only 76 SuperCoach points yet he was judged best on ground. I can only think they didn’t know who to vote for and it was a very even team performance by the Lions…… but Bont didn’t get enough votes early whereas Lachie got off to a flyer with a number of votes in games which weren’t expected. In the end if Daicos wasn’t injured he would have won easily I think so he was probably an even more hard luck story, but I feel sorry for Bont hitting the front in the last round only to get beaten.

It's annoying the amount of times Bont comes second.

1st and 3rd in the Brownlow doing battle at the MCG this Saturday, and the one who slotted in between them is the one who would have been doing battle at the MCG if he wasn't surrounded by idiots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I’m glad Bont got his premiership early because he’s having a tough time being robbed of the Brownlow twice and nearly having a Norm Smith sewn up half way through the third quarter in 2021.

Not to mention the Rising Star. How many votes did Lewis Taylor poll tonight?

Oh, and goal of the year.

I don’t have anything against Neale, he’s a good player, seems a really good guy, he seems as surprised and bemused as everyone else is.

It‘s not his fault the umpires vote the way they do, so no point hating him on him.

Our disgraceful end to the season cost Bont big time, just like in 2021.

It‘s a shame, but I still think the great man will eventually win one.

Bont didn't lose the Brownlow because we lost against Hawks and WCE - Bont was s**t against Hawks.

Bont lost because Neale got gifted votes that he didn't deserve.

A player who didn't make AA is a Brownlow winner.

What a ridiculous system - stop letting the umpires vote ffs
Umpire votes are fine, just accept it for what it is and join the growing chorus who realise AFLPA and AFLCA awards mean much more. The AFLCA just needs to stop publishing the results weekly and it’ll become a bigger end of season award.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2023 Brownlow medal live chat

Back