2023 Crowds and TV/Streaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams need to stop fudging their membership numbers

Should see only membership numbers with all 11 homes games shown in the final figures
How exactly do they fudge their figures?

What I believe they should do with club membership numbers is provide a graph reflecting which categories the members are placed in. We could then clearly see how many 11 home game members there are, how many GA access members, non game membership etc.

Members who don’t have an 11 home game membership still deserve the right to be placed on the club membership tally, I believe.

I think Adelaide provided a breakdown of their members about 5-6 years ago - it’s a great idea and would be great if the AFL mandated it.

22,769 at marvel. Horrible crowd

Doesn’t make sense given North v Hawthorn drew 30,000 plus in the same slot a fortnight ago.

Hawthorn will have a big task selling 5 Marvel home games to members.

Only thing I could think of is with MCG games wedged against Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood perhaps this game was ‘the one to miss’

Doesn’t make sense given North v Hawthorn drew 30,000 plus in the same slot a fortnight ago.

Hawthorn will have a big task selling 5 Marvel home games to members.

Only thing I could think of is with MCG games wedged against Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood perhaps this game was ‘the one to miss’
I think we underplay the ‘kids go free’ impact. Those afternoon games got a leg up with that promo. Not surprised tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I believe they should do with club membership numbers is provide a graph reflecting which categories the members are placed in. We could then clearly see how many 11 home game members there are, how many GA access members, non game membership etc.

Members who don’t have an 11 home game membership still deserve the right to be placed on the club membership tally, I believe.

I think Adelaide provided a breakdown of their members about 5-6 years ago - it’s a great idea and would be great if the AFL mandated it.

The AFL provides a high level breakdown but clubs should do it at an individual club level

It's the highest ever Hawthorn home crowd against St Kilda at Docklands.

It's the only Hawthorn home game against St Kilda at Docklands.
The crowd at the G poor too. I’m a broken record, but do you think with kids free stuff finished, families have skipped games this week (apart from obvious sellout Friday night). Otherwise it’s perplexing a few of this weekends crowds.

The crowd at the G poor too. I’m a broken record, but do you think with kids free stuff finished, families have skipped games this week (apart from obvious sellout Friday night). Otherwise it’s perplexing a few of this weekends crowds.

If the G ends up getting 50k+ it will still be a decent crowd. We might just have got ahead of ourselves predicting up to 70k for it.

The Docklands game was bad but Hawthorn have about 2 decent home crowds at Docklands ever.

This is their complete list of home games there - it's not great reading considering their success over the period:

1690697171005.png

Having games at Docklands is something Hawthorn haven't had to reckon with much given their use of Launceston. The Tassie team is going to change that.

Weather keeps people away. It’s cold and insanely windy in the ground today. The diehards will all be here but the people who come for a good show won’t be.

From a Richmond perspective definitely a soft crowd today. Expected a lot more yellow and black to roll up with our season on the line and fighting to reignite the dynasty. Top deck GA Warne stand way too sparse and Olympic as well. Can't see Ponsford top deck as I am on level 2 of Ponsford. Deserves a bigger crowd for the on field petformance so far

Relative to some of the other crowds at marvel the last 2 weeks the essendon crowd vs Sydney was pretty good
Agree. All things considered it wasn’t too bad. I know it was the record low for Marvel however we’re in uncharted territory with optimisation of the venue and I think crowds are correspondingly lower for most games as a result of the issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 Crowds and TV/Streaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back