Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Maybe telling Fog how good it is playing at the Dees
"Playing forward is easy. The mids just kick it over your head. You don't have to do anything!"

Not great if he thinks his out next year. Won’t give 100% and will look to preserve his foot through 2024 and will reduce his value.
What does this even mean?

What would each team be offering WC for pick 1? North 2 and 15 for 1 versus us offering 6, 11 and our future first? Or would North potentially be giving away 2, 15 and one of their other late firsts this year. If they are only offering 2 and 15 we could be in the conversation.

Note: I am not saying we should or shouldn't do it, I genuinely have no idea what I want at this stage. Think I am leaning towards just keep the picks and take them to the draft.
P11 and future 1st, for P7.

P6 + P7 Dees, for as we see fit.

"Playing forward is easy. The mids just kick it over your head. You don't have to do anything!"

"the expectations are so low that the supporters think we've had a good game if we kick 10 goals in a match, its great"

Exactly. It varies from draft to draft and the reality is that most if not all of us on here are using hypotheticals and basing their opinions on some write ups and highlights. Our recruiting team have nailed way more picks than they've missed in recent years, so they deserve more backing and benefit of the doubt whichever way they go.

They've used this strategy of swapping mid-range and future picks to trade up for a small number of picks at the top end of the draft well enough in previous years to have earned more respect than they're being given. Even looking at last year it looks like their attempts to move up to get Bailey Humphrey would have been justified. Hopefully in time Jefferson proves that wrong but only time will tell.

If they're trading that sort of draft capital to get Reid there is a reason for it, and it's even more obvious than Humphrey or other years. Everyone knows Reid is a freak talent and good on the club for having a red hot crack at getting him.
It’s hard to get the best players in the league on your team. We are lucky we have Petracca and Oliver. Once you have the stars you can pick up the Harrison Petty’s, the Trent Rivers, the Bailey Fritsch’s later in the draft.

They want the superstar in Reid knowing they’ll get good talent with later picks in future drafts. Don’t need a plethora of 1st round picks.

Last edited:
I think if we end up losing Jackson, a future 1, 2x 2nd rounders and all we get is Jefferson and Reid then I don't think it's a good result.
Technically one of those second rounders was part of the Jackson deal.

Who is going to be available around 11? Keeping in mind it will be pushed back by the Academy and possibly Father/Son picks.
The pool is the pool though. Can still get the kid we rank, at worst, as 11th on our board of those available.

I worry about our depth. I think we need multiple elite young talents coming through. Only two picks this year worries me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we end up losing Jackson, a future 1, 2x 2nd rounders and all we get is Jefferson and Reid then I don't think it's a good result.
So really a pick 3 (2019), future 1 and a 2nd rounder for Reid and Jefferson.

The pool is the pool though. Can still get the kid we rank, at worst, as 11th on our board of those available.

I worry about our depth. I think we need multiple elite young talents coming through. Only two picks this year worries me.
I'm just asking who is available around that mark as phantom drafts tend not to remove those academy picks from the pool of players. So you have to adjust accordingly. 11 looks to go back to pick 13 or 14 at this stage.

After having a look at a couple of phantom drafts it looks like the players rated around the mark are Harry DeMattia, James Leake, Caleb Windsor, Ollie Murphy, Riley Hardeman. Darcy Wilson appears to most likely be out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back