Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
So on one hand we have a bloke who lost his shit, got on the sesh and dragged himself to hospital after having a seizure wanting to stay at the club and on the other we have a bloke who cries on national tv during a round of golf because he has to catch a 50m flight home to visit mum and dad.

What a glorious trade period we are having.

To think we are relying on this bloke to rule the inside 50 roost for us in our 2024 flag hunt is disturbing.

Almost better off giving Tmac a run.
You guys are insane. Just playing golf with a school friend, and straight batted everything. Nothing in that.

You guys are insane. Just playing golf with a school friend, and straight batted everything. Nothing in that.

"Im just happy to be on an AFL list"... not exactly a glowing endorsement when asked if youre happy to stay at Melbourne.

There are some personal things that are drawing him back closer to home in the coming year (or so).

Adelaide know this and are getting in early which you can’t blame them for.

Petty: guys I’d like to get closer to family in the next year or so and won’t be extending beyond my current contract in 2025. Adelaide are offering me decent money - can I go now?

Melb: totally get it mate but we have no forwards for next year. Stay 1 more year and know that your form will set your price. We’ll get to work on Jamara in the meantime.
Jamara is so overrated. Out of the 23 games he played this year, he kicked 0 goals (7 times), 1 goal (7 times). So 14/23 games he kicked 1 goal or less. In 18/23 games he kicked 2 or less. He only averaged 1.5 goals per game.

He's also a horrific kick for goal. We just lost a finals series with poor kicking. Do we need to add another one?

You want him? 2 firsts and call it a day
I already walked away when Dan said 4 firsts.

He's a professional footballer, he'll always try his best. Don't need to overreact.

I already walked away when Dan said 4 firsts.

He's a professional footballer, he'll always try his best. Don't need to overreact.
And that's why Petty is playing with the dees for another year :) Crows fans can complain because if they really wanted him they could've had him but the offer wasn't enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that why you are here discussing him? Because you walked away? 😐
I was just drawn in by people saying "Gone" and stuff like that, in response to a nothing news story. Crows fans are expert at losing players, and that story was nothing to worry about.

Given our depth issues, and our lacklustre outside mid/wing form, what about a late play for Billings? Could be worth a shot now that he'd be even cheaper than the beginning of trade period.

Feels like we might have a late crack up our sleeves.

Given our depth issues, and our lacklustre outside mid/wing form, what about a late play for Billings? Could be worth a shot now that he'd be even cheaper than the beginning of trade period.

May as well if it's for a token pick, Id prefer Fantasia though if we're taking a punt on players who can't get on the park.

Jamara is so overrated. Out of the 23 games he played this year, he kicked 0 goals (7 times), 1 goal (7 times). So 14/23 games he kicked 1 goal or less. In 18/23 games he kicked 2 or less. He only averaged 1.5 goals per game.

He's also a horrific kick for goal. We just lost a finals series with poor kicking. Do we need to add another one?
I rate him.

Irrespective of that though, which other tall forwards of promise are at the end of their contract next year and competing with a strong set of other talls?

Trade sook boy out. Good excuse for a mini rebuild. We aren't doing shit next year anyway. Seems far more unlikely than likely that any of May Gawn or Oliver are in AA form next year which leaves Trac and probably rivers. That's not flag winning

Man the thing I respect most about the pies is not the trades in, it's the trades out. Pissed off the w***er Treloar even after he cried about it. Got rid of Grundy even though they were paying him still and now they're moving on Ginnivan to make room for a player they need better.

Meanwhile we just support and keep the same players in fear of ruining a culture that has its best player living on a couch and blokes wanting to go home most years.

Tom Morris said last week we had some mild interest but nothing has been said since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back