Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Man the thing I respect most about the pies is not the trades in, it's the trades out. Pissed off the w***er Treloar even after he cried about it. Got rid of Grundy even though they were paying him still and now they're moving on Ginnivan to make room for a player they need better.

Meanwhile we just support and keep the same players in fear of ruining a culture that has its best player living on a couch and blokes wanting to go home most years.
Starting to sound like another poster on here. Just when I was actually gaining some respect for your opinions too.

Starting to sound like another poster on here. Just when I was actually gaining some respect for your opinions too.
Then don't care about my opinions no skin off my teeth. We clearly had a stack of inside mids that weren't getting regular games and we waited until Jordan and Harmes lost value or ran out of contract to get rid of them rather than being pro active. Meanwhile Collingwood continually evaluate their list and move players in and OUT to improve theirs.

The truth is somewhere in between.....
x files GIF by The X-Files

I was just drawn in by people saying "Gone" and stuff like that, in response to a nothing news story. Crows fans are expert at losing players, and that story was nothing to worry about.
Hi dogs

Given our depth issues, and our lacklustre outside mid/wing form, what about a late play for Billings? Could be worth a shot now that he'd be even cheaper than the beginning of trade period.

Feels like we might have a late crack up our sleeves.
Didn't Roos always rate Billings?

Billings is an excellent kick and makes things happen. No idea why we (or other clubs) aren't keen to grab him considering he'll come cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we’ll have a spare rookie spot for an experienced ruck? Fullerton seems more a forward ruck option. Maybe Sam Hayes as break glass option should Gawn go down long term.

Reckon we need one. Or the best state league ruck as a rookie at least.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any chance we’ll have a spare rookie spot for an experienced ruck? Fullerton seems more a forward ruck option. Maybe Sam Hayes as break glass option should Gawn go down long term.
Schache's played a bit of VFL ruck. I reckon we'll survive with Fullarton/Schache over a Spencil type. Hopefully Verrall starts to build a bit next year, was showing a bit when he wasn't injured.

We're cooked regardless if Max goes down. At least it might force us to not play the horrendous brand of constant kick to packs.

At the moment we've lost Hibberd, Dunstan, Harmes, Grundy and Jordon from the main list, with Fullerton and McAdam to come in, meaning we have 3 list spots available. That becomes 4 if we're able to move Melksham to the rookie list. If we're only planning to take 2 players in the draft, that might mean we still quietly have our eyes on someone (a bit like we brought in Hunter out of the blue at the end of last trade period). If we're planning to take 3 players in the draft, then giving away those draft picks to upgrade from pick 14 to pick 11 is starting to look pretty stupid.

At the moment we've lost Hibberd, Dunstan, Harmes, Grundy and Jordon from the main list, with Fullerton and McAdam to come in, meaning we have 3 list spots available. That becomes 4 if we're able to move Melksham to the rookie list. If we're only planning to take 2 players in the draft, that might mean we still quietly have our eyes on someone (a bit like we brought in Hunter out of the blue at the end of last trade period). If we're planning to take 3 players in the draft, then giving away those draft picks to upgrade from pick 14 to pick 11 is starting to look pretty stupid.
You're forgetting rookie upgrades

Judd McVee and Daniel Turner are on rookie list and will likely get promoted to the senior list taking 2 of those spots.

Judd McVee and Daniel Turner are on rookie list and will likely get promoted to the senior list taking 2 of those spots.

I can't be bothered looking it all up again tbh, but also remember that the numbers are flexible. There's a set number of senior players you can have, I think it's something like 36-38 senior list and 4-6 rookies, so it's not as simple as saying like "5 players out, 5 players in". I don't think we had the full 38 on the senior list this year, so there may be an extra spot or two compared to how many players we've lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back