Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Comfortably takes Hunter’s starting spot on a wing imo. We need quicker ball movement to JVR, Pickett and Co. There’s a reason Pickett in particular has struggled this year. Congestion. Ball too slow getting down there.

I do like Hunter as depth and bench rotation but do see that wing as a weak link in winning a second premiership. Not quick enough.

Parish isn’t fast though, this is a myth. Neither is he a great ball user.

Comfortably takes Hunter’s starting spot on a wing imo. We need quicker ball movement to JVR, Pickett and Co. There’s a reason Pickett in particular has struggled this year. Congestion. Ball too slow getting down there.

I do like Hunter as depth and bench rotation but do see that wing as a weak link in winning a second premiership. Not quick enough.
Hunter is a better wingman than Brayshaw was in 2021.

Don't think either would improve us much. Would probably just get lost in our midfield and not give us anything different.

Macrae works both ways and hes very good at what he does, waiting outside for others to feed him the ball, not a damaging kick but a smart user.

I reckon he'd be a good fit honestly.

Parish isn’t fast though, this is a myth. Neither is he a great ball user.
I feel like this idea that Parish is this flaky outside speedster comes purely from the fact that he looks like Ellen DeGeneres.

A bit of Macrae about him. Thinking about what I'd be comfortable with money wise, I'd be okay with it if he basically got Grundy's contract but I suspect that's less than what he's getting offered at Essendon.

I think his management want $750k/season so not far off Grundy’s $650k. At 26yo it’s also got to be attractive for Parish to move from a sh1t club to one that’s contending for premierships.

I like the balance he would bring to our midfield tbh.

I think his management want $750k/season so not far off Grundy’s $650k. At 26yo it’s also got to be attractive for Parish to move from a sh1t club to one that’s contending for premierships.

I like the balance he would bring to our midfield tbh.
Yeah but he's holding out on Essendon for more money. Honestly very rare that a player would move clubs as a FA and take a paycut. I don't see it happening.

Yeah but he's holding out on Essendon for more money. Honestly very rare that a player would move clubs as a FA and take a paycut. I don't see it happening.

I don’t think the Bombers/Parish stalemate is just about dollars. It’s about tenure as well.

Maybe he’s also considering a wasted career playing at a rubbish club. If I were him I would.

Added benefit of getting Parish is we wouldn’t have to be midfielder focused at the draft. We could confidently take a Nick Watson and key back O’Sullivan knowing we’ve already bolstered the engine room. I quite like that.

I don’t think the Bombers/Parish stalemate is just about dollars. It’s about tenure as well.

Maybe he’s also considering a wasted career playing at a rubbish club. If I were him I would.
I think he wants his salaray to be attached to any CBA agreement that may come as well, so he gets more if the AFLPA get a bigger slice of the cake. Longer tenure equals more dollars anyway. I certainly wouldn't be offering him 6 years as he's demanding from Essendon, we have too many long term contracts on our books as is.

Parish is more a Tom Mitchell-type than anything – last thing we really need. Slow accumulator who refuses to run defensively, and a pretty poor ball user.

The only real benefit would be turning Trac into a full-time forward, but eh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish is more a Tom Mitchell-type than anything – last thing we really need. Slow accumulator, and a pretty poor ball user.

The only real benefit would be turning Trac into a full-time forward, but eh.

Don’t agree on the Tom Mitchell comparison. He’s much more dynamic than that. But certainly releasing Tracc to play more minutes forward would be gold.

Pickett VanRooyen Fritsch
N.Watson Petty Petracca
Langdon Oliver D.Parish
Salem Lever McVee
Rivers May C.O’Sullivan
Gawn Brayshaw Viney
ANB Hunter Sparrow Bowey

This would be a dream November result for us if we can nab the Suns early pick. Strengthen three areas of the ground. Inject some exciting youth. What a forward line!

IMO we’re not going to win another flag with the current forward set up we’ve got. We need to at least match the potency of the Lion’s front six. They’re our biggest rivals now with Carlton coming fast. We may surprise but I’m not confident of beating the Lions right now in a GF with our current mix.

2024-2026 however we have a special opportunity to have THE best list in the competition if we make the right off season moves. Rare, rare opportunity.

Don’t agree on the Tom Mitchell comparison. He’s much more dynamic than that. But certainly releasing Tracc to play more minutes forward would be gold.

Pickett VanRooyen Fritsch
N.Watson Petty Petracca
Langdon Oliver D.Parish
Salem Lever McVee
Rivers May C.O’Sullivan
Gawn Brayshaw Viney
ANB Hunter Sparrow Bowey

This would be a dream November result for us if we can nab the Suns early pick. Strengthen three areas of the ground. What a forward line!

IMO we’re not going to win another flag with the current forward set up we’ve got. We need to at least match the potency of the Lion’s front six. They’re our biggest rivals now. We may surprise but I’m not confident of beating them in a GF with our current mix.

2024-2026 however we have a special opportunity to have THE best list in the competition if we make the right off season moves. Rare, rare opportunity.
That's fair, but in no world is Parish a winger, whatsoever. He's an inside mid who accumulates and doesn't offer a whole lot of spread from the contest. More than Mitchell, sure, but it's still pretty minimal.

That's fair, but in no world is Parish a winger, whatsoever. He's an inside mid who accumulates and doesn't offer a whole lot of spread from the contest. More than Mitchell, sure, but it's still pretty minimal.

He may not be as pure a wingman as Langdon or Hunter but I like the fact that he can go inside and play both roles. I maintain that he’s pretty quick and a good decision maker. All Australian.

He’s the sort of free agent Geelong in the past would casually pluck from a lesser side to keep maintaining their dominance. We would be wise to strongly consider that model while we’re enjoying our ‘up’ period. It works.

Wouldn't mind Parish in free agency if we can get him for 4 maybe 5 years ~650k. Rub the Essendon off him and he's a top 20 midfielder. If we're losing Harmes and JJ, Parish would be a massive upgrade. Viney will be 30 next year..

Chances are he gets 10% better and tougher playing for a good side for the first time in his career.

Last edited:
Parish is a fine player but I am not interested.

The asking price is too high for a player that doesn't fix any issues. We have enough accumulators who never hit the scoreboard already.

He would also take midfield minutes off Rivers :thumbsdown:

He doesn’t stick his tackles and is a bit selective about his defensive efforts.

Id be surprised if Goody was keen on him.

That’s not true. Go scroll through his YouTube highlights. Committed tackler, doesn’t shirk body contact.

I think because he looks like a bit of a pretty boy there’s a myth of him being soft. Not the case.

Debate now raging on Demonland about Parish (courtesy of a DazzleDavey post). They seem to be split on him 50/50 but there’s certainly some fans over there.

Real interesting one this. I reckon it’s got whiskers.

Of all the uses of ~ $700kpa cap space, signing Parish would just about be the biggest waste.

Decent player but I'd have him fourth, perhaps even fifth in our inside mid rotations behind Trac, Viney, Oliver and even possibly Gus.

Big pass for me, with money prioritised to KPF, KPD or classy and/or quick outside mid/forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Of all the uses of ~ $700kpa cap space, signing Parish would just about be the biggest waste.

Decent player but I'd have him fourth, perhaps even fifth in our inside mid rotations behind Trac, Viney, Oliver and even possibly Gus.

Big pass for me, with money prioritised to KPF, KPD or classy and/or quick outside mid/forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agreed but what kpps are available in free agency?

If you can pick up Parish for nothing without overpaying you probably do it?

Can see Essendon matching our best offer though.

Agreed but what kpps are available in free agency?

If you can pick up Parish for nothing without overpaying you probably do it?

Can see Essendon matching our best offer though.
It's not just about this offseason though. If the priority is to bring in a big name KPP at some point (not saying it is), you'd be best preserving future flexibility – i.e. not giving a 5+ year deal on decent coin to a pretty dime-a-dozen midfielder who doesn't fill an area of need.

Does trading out Grundy
Debate now raging on Demonland about Parish (courtesy of a DazzleDavey post). They seem to be split on him 50/50 but there’s certainly some fans over there.

Real interesting one this. I reckon it’s got whiskers.

I don't mind him at all. He's a genuine accumulator so I don't think we'll have issues winning the footy and generating clearences. Question is, does this mean this could free up Oliver and Petracca up forward more?

People saying that Parish butchers the footy clearly haven't watched enough of Petracca and Oliver who are serious offenders if not worse. I'm sure we can fit him in somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back