Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Please no. This guy is basically a Jy Simpkin clone. Spends more time flicking his hair back into place after a contest. I think the club also needs to be held a little bit to account for not taking Marcov who is now at the pies and has been a great acquisition for them. We need speed and he has it in abundance.

Nonetheless, Parish isn't the sort of player I rate.
I wonder IF with West Coast finishing bottom of the harbour finally; If any former agreements Re trading picks is back.?.. it would effect our Mids section.

I haven't done a mock. I guess that's not really my thing, I'm mostly just a mug that makes prospect videos and has seen so much footage of these kids that I can't help but form an opinion. Not a talent evaluator though.

I will say, in my capacity as non-expert, that this top 10 is as strong as any I've seen in a long time. You should feel great about having a chance to pick from that group.
Appreciate the input, nonetheless 🍻

I wonder IF with West Coast finishing bottom of the harbour finally; If any former agreements Re trading picks is back.?.. it would effect our Mids section.
Pardon the interruption. What agreement are you referring to? Be nice to get an objective opinion on what pick 1 is worth to other clubs with some sensible suggestions.

Pardon the interruption. What agreement are you referring to? Be nice to get an objective opinion on what pick 1 is worth to other clubs with some sensible suggestions.

Ignore him bloke has nfi

I don’t think we will deal for pick 1 - our best chance is get the suns pick 4 then offer 4/5, but even then I’d consider that overpaying and the eagles probably would ask for more.

Anything we offer would have to guarantee you guys Curtin and something extra you'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On AFL360 they said the Eagles released a statement saying the first pick would be used to bring in young talents (plural).

It might be reading too much into it. But if they want Curtin guaranteed, even if Melbourne got their hands on pick 4 I don’t think that’s enough. North or Hawthorn would be a fair chance to go for Curtin. That would make either of those teams more likely to be able to get a deal done for Curtin.

I think Reid will be a gun, but I'm all in on going after the GC pick. 4/5 would be a strong hand and if we can somehow trade Grundy for Georgiades, or Stephens from Swans, then we'll be in a really strong position.

On AFL360 they said the Eagles released a statement saying the first pick would be used to bring in young talents (plural).

It might be reading too much into it. But if they want Curtin guaranteed, even if Melbourne got their hands on pick 4 I don’t think that’s enough. North or Hawthorn would be a fair chance to go for Curtin. That would make either of those teams more likely to be able to get a deal done for Curtin.
I reckon North will get him. They'll get some form of help from the AFL to make that happen. I'd much rather he went to Norf than Hawks.

Not too fussed about moving up, we'll have a good draft hand.

Trade Grundy for a pick next year.

Most important thing is that we hit the draft hard and set up our list for another 5 years.

Been reading all this draft talk of us getting 4 and 5. I mean. It's gonna be like pick 8 by the time north get their PP and academy selection.

Thank Christ we aren't getting Parish though, don't need another mid who can't play anywhere but in the guts

Been reading all this draft talk of us getting 4 and 5. I mean. It's gonna be like pick 8 by the time north get their PP and academy selection.

Thank Christ we aren't getting Parish though, don't need another mid who can't play anywhere but in the guts
No chance Norf get pp.

The top group seems to run to about pick 8/9 this year which is very deep.

We won’t miss out if we get pick 4 and 5.

I dunno mate 3 bottom finishes in a row, lost a #1 pick last year and haven't had access to the best player in the draft all 3 years because Daicos, Ashcroft and JUH have all gone father son or academy
If they get Mckay compo they won't be getting another pp right after. Just no way the AFL would do something that insane. Sounds less likely than likely they get Sanders as well with how unprecedented it is for a team to ask for a specific player as assistance but I could see them getting a mid first round pp instead.

I also hate this argument because FS and academy picks affect the entire draft not just the teams who bid on them.

The top group seems to run to about pick 8/9 this year which is very deep.

We won’t miss out if we get pick 4 and 5.
Yeah I'm just not gonna worry about what we're spending on pick 4 and 5 when that is so far away from reality ATM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back